PDA

View Full Version : I need an experts advice

Sexyteaser
05-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I have a banner advertisement promoting a site as an affiliate. The last several days I noticed some issues with the clicks not matching what I am sending. I got 693 unique clicks on the banner and the affiliate admin program is only showing 63 hits.

The Program has informed me that they only count second page raw and unique hits. Is this normal and would 10% of total hits clicking through be common?

Nymph
05-16-2008, 11:50 AM
I take it you are using your own click tracking software to get your numbers.

Anyways, sposnors count uniques, and raws different, some are first page, some are second, and some don't count them until they hit the join page. Best thing to do is read the terms to find out which way they are counting clicks.

Your percent of total clicks, to what they are counting can also be effected by their skim set. I don't think a lot of sponsors really want you to know how much traffic you are sending comapred the the real amount of sales you are making....so they skim some off.

deviant
05-16-2008, 02:20 PM
I test most programs out first to see if they're skimming on clicks first. I've already caught a decent sized program not counting clicks. So why would I trust them to count my sales.

Anyways, with the 1st page 2nd page deal, 10% sounds normal to me.

Sexyteaser
05-16-2008, 02:46 PM
I test most programs out first to see if they're skimming on clicks first. I've already caught a decent sized program not counting clicks. So why would I trust them to count my sales.

Anyways, with the 1st page 2nd page deal, 10% sounds normal to me.

Thanks

Jace
05-16-2008, 02:49 PM
haha, try bangbrosonline, last I checked they only count qualified join page hits

so, I sent them 1000-2000 clicks and had 69 show up in the admin

hell, mainstream is even worse....you can send thousands of hits to a program in mainstream and end up with 100 in the admin

deviant
05-16-2008, 03:54 PM
haha, try bangbrosonline, last I checked they only count qualified join page hits

bangbrosonline always crashes my browser (FF3b5), they're the only site that does it. They have good content it's a shame I can't use more of it because I can't get to it. :scratchin

Jace
05-16-2008, 04:07 PM
bangbrosonline always crashes my browser (FF3b5), they're the only site that does it. They have good content it's a shame I can't use more of it because I can't get to it. :scratchin

ask rhetorical about that, he is an expert on sites crashing browsers

but, on a serious note, does it crash all your browsers or just a particular one? doesn't matter though, you can just get all their content from rapidshare or torrents, they dont' police their shit at all

deviant
05-16-2008, 05:22 PM
So far I've only tried in Firefox, I'll test it in IE and see what happens. I assume it's the scripting causing problems with a plugin or something.

RawAlex
05-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Your using FF3 (which is a beta) and you complain about a website crashing your browser?

You may want to update the entry for "foolish" in Wikipedia with a pic or two.

deviant
05-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Your using FF3 (which is a beta) and you complain about a website crashing your browser?

You may want to update the entry for "foolish" in Wikipedia with a pic or two.

AH! I just got trolled.

Ok, it may seem like I deserve it, but FF3 is actually much more stable than the 2.0.x.x branch. That branch was long plagued by memory leaking issues that cause it to eat up memory over time until you have to restart it (caused by poor garbage collection on variables no longer in use). There's only one site that I have problems with and it may not actually be a firefox issue but an issue with one of it's plugins. Bangbrosonline is the only site out of the thousands I look at every day that I have ever had an issue with. I'm not knocking them or their program, they have great content and I have no problems on their actual sites just on the webmasters interface.

So I'll stick with FF3 even if it means that out of the millions of sites on the net I'm excluded from 1 of them in exchange for better memory management on the rest.

Jace
05-19-2008, 07:18 AM
I just installed firefox 3 for the hell of it

bangbros works fine for me, in fact everything works better....WAY insanely faster in fact

I always thought that pause after I hit enter to go to a url was because of a isp issue, apparently it was a firefox 2 issue! kickass!