PDA

View Full Version : Fetishes

Nymph
05-09-2008, 08:28 PM
What do you consider a fetish?

I know what might be a fetish to one person, may not be to another....and I guess there are hardcore, and softcore fetishes also (feet=softcore and footjobs=hardcore).

The reason I'm asking really is because I'm getting ready to do a general fetish site, and can't really decide on all the categories I should be using.

I'm sure I will probably be needing some new sponsors too (hint hint) ;)

Rcourt64
05-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Are you familiar with the fruit fetish?
Just cuz I wanna fuck melons, don't mean you like geting fucked with bananas... but we still both like fruit? right? ...:whistling
So define your own fetish.

The fruit basket says 'Hi" :bwave:

Toby
05-09-2008, 09:05 PM
True fetish is when a person is sexually aroused by a specific object or objects and is generally unable to achieve sexual satisfaction without that object being present.

The key word there being object, as in inanimate. So foot fetish, isn't really a fetish under the strict definition. However, body part fetishists tend to objectify the feet, arm pits, ear lobes, whatever it is that flips their switch. For the sake of this biz the distinction is pretty much irrelevant. Whether their thing is feet or heels the behavior of the target audience is the same, and therefore so is the marketing.

My focus is more on fetish wear, just something special about dressing for sex. :)
The categories that I include on my sites: high heel shoes and boots, stockings, pantyhose, sexy lingerie (corsets, garters, bustiers, etc.), latex & pvc, leather, gloves, uniforms & costumes...

Besides assorted body part fetishes, other fairly common fetishes are behavior based. Smoking, wet & messy (mud, water, food, etc. usually while fully clothed or wearing some of the afore noted fetish attire), all the variations of BDSM, plus more that I'm probably forgetting.

Nymph
05-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Are you familiar with the fruit fetish?
Just cuz I wanna fuck melons, don't mean you like geting fucked with bananas... but we still both like fruit? right? ...:whistling
So define your own fetish.

The fruit basket says 'Hi" :bwave:
Mmmmm....food fetish.

I must be getting jaded becaue there isn't a whole lot that seems like a fetish to me any more...I've just seen too damn much over the years that most of it seems normal to me :rolleyes:

My fetish, if you can call it that is very mild compared to some maybe...but I like tickles. Not the kind that makes you laugh, but just light feather touches all over....of course some areas are more sensitive than others ;)

Nymph
05-09-2008, 09:29 PM
True fetish is when a person is sexually aroused by a specific object or objects and is generally unable to achieve sexual satisfaction without that object being present.

The key word there being object, as in inanimate. So foot fetish, isn't really a fetish under the strict definition. However, body part fetishists tend to objectify the feet, arm pits, ear lobes, whatever it is that flips their switch. For the sake of this biz the distinction is pretty much irrelevant. Whether their thing is feet or heels the behavior of the target audience is the same, and therefore so is the marketing.

My focus is more on fetish wear, just something special about dressing for sex. :)
The categories that I include on my sites: high heel shoes and boots, stockings, pantyhose, sexy lingerie (corsets, garters, bustiers, etc.), latex & pvc, leather, gloves, uniforms & costumes...

Besides assorted body part fetishes, other fairly common fetishes are behavior based. Smoking, wet & messy (mud, water, food, etc. usually while fully clothed or wearing some of the afore noted fetish attire), all the variations of BDSM, plus more that I'm probably forgetting.

I understand about the different clothing, and BDSM...those are already included. I didn't think of fetish as being an inanimate object though....body parts and behavior I do understand.

I think what got me started on this was being tired of doing the same vanilla type sites all the time. I need something different, a new challenge. I have checked out your sites quite extensively, which got me interested, and with all the new sponsors I signed up for not too long ago, I would have quite an arsenal of material to use.

The domain I already have for this is very general, and I plan on a TGP, and maybe a TopList, or a couple blogs.

Thanks for your input, and explaination of a few things

Toby
05-09-2008, 09:56 PM
...with all the new sponsors I signed up for not too long ago, I would have quite an arsenal of material to use.

And that will be what ultimately controls just how extensive your category list becomes. You need to be able to find enough content to add to each category on an ongoing basis to keep the pages from becoming stale.

Rcourt64
05-09-2008, 10:29 PM
http://myadg.com/op-2008/fetish.gif

Toby
05-10-2008, 01:31 AM
If I recall, you said you'll be using TGPX? If so, it allows you to assign multiple categories to a single gallery. Quite often a single gallery will fit multiple categories, and this allows for that gallery to be included on all of those pages and not just one.

Jim_Gunn
05-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Check Clips4Sale's category list. They have most popular and semi-popular fetishes listed and some you might be surprised by.

Nymph
05-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Rcourt...tickle my tush with a feather please ;)

Toby....Yes, I will need to go through all my sponsors to see what all is available in quality & quantity...and you recalled correctly, I will be using TGPX for this one, I am waiting for their new toplist to come out also. I am so used to the older TGP that I forgot about being able to have them assigned to multiple categories, thank you for reminding me about that.

Jim....Oh my goodness! You weren't kidding about being surprised by some of them. I suppose if there is a demand for something, it will be filled. Thank you for telling me about them.

softball
05-10-2008, 11:44 AM
The people that do the best job of selling fetish understand it. These days everyone is jumping on the "niche"/"fetish" bandwagon. Most are clueless, but there are tons and tons and tons of tgp's trying it out. I find, like I suppose most programmes do, that very few people have good sales. When I search back on their marketing strategies, it becomes very clear why they do well. Just putting a girl in stockings has very little to do with the stocking fetish market. In fact that kind of shallow thinking and content is what keeps the niche market in business because the true believers are sick to death of getting ripped off. Here is an example of what I mean
http://www.stockingstars.com/tour1/

Toby
05-10-2008, 11:49 AM
...an example of what I mean
:nods in agreement: just posing with props.

An example I gave in a similar discussion on another board a few months ago was a femdom gallery where the male slave was licking the Mistress' boots. In each and every photo he was looking up at her making eye contact. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

RawAlex
05-10-2008, 02:21 PM
One of the problems of fetishes is that not everyone in the fetish likes the same thing, and in fact what specifically turns one person on will precisely turn the other person off. I am thinking balloon fetish, example, for some the bursting of the balloon may be the moment of orgasm, for others, it is a failure and a total turn off.

Almost every fetish in the book (and off the books) breaks down into sub-fetishes, from the simple dom/sub position (is your fetish as a giver or a getter?) to things like numbers of people, color of hair, day, night... location. The real trick is figuring out what turns on the majority of the people interested in the general fetish, and doing it their way, at least from a business stand point.

Nymph
05-10-2008, 02:23 PM
The people that do the best job of selling fetish understand it. These days everyone is jumping on the "niche"/"fetish" bandwagon. Most are clueless, but there are tons and tons and tons of tgp's trying it out. I find, like I suppose most programmes do, that very few people have good sales. When I search back on their marketing strategies, it becomes very clear why they do well. Just putting a girl in stockings has very little to do with the stocking fetish market. In fact that kind of shallow thinking and content is what keeps the niche market in business because the true believers are sick to death of getting ripped off. Here is an example of what I mean

I understand what you are saying. I find that if I am at least interested in something, I tend to investigate it more. So I should narrow my niches down to the fetishes that I find interesting...concentrate on those, investigate them thoroughly, and if possible talk to people intersted in them also for best site & profits.

I'm sure it would help to get views on both sides of the coin to to say...a man's opinion/veiw point couldn't hurt since I hope to sell to both sexes.

As for the site you posted....to me that is just another hardcore site where the women happen to be wearing stockings....nothing special.

Nymph
05-10-2008, 02:26 PM
:nods in agreement: just posing with props.

An example I gave in a similar discussion on another board a few months ago was a femdom gallery where the male slave was licking the Mistress' boots. In each and every photo he was looking up at her making eye contact. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

What were they thinking?!
The slave/sub never makes eye contact...never does anything without permission.

Nymph
05-10-2008, 02:32 PM
One of the problems of fetishes is that not everyone in the fetish likes the same thing, and in fact what specifically turns one person on will precisely turn the other person off. I am thinking balloon fetish, example, for some the bursting of the balloon may be the moment of orgasm, for others, it is a failure and a total turn off.

Almost every fetish in the book (and off the books) breaks down into sub-fetishes, from the simple dom/sub position (is your fetish as a giver or a getter?) to things like numbers of people, color of hair, day, night... location. The real trick is figuring out what turns on the majority of the people interested in the general fetish, and doing it their way, at least from a business stand point.

I'm finding there are more fetishes than I ever thought possible at this point.

This is why I need to get both sides...getter & giver of any fetish. I can put myself in the place of one or the other in some of the fetishes...but not all, and not in both places in most.