PDA

View Full Version : ATM Global Used Affiliates Is Ordered to Halt Spam Operation

gonzo
05-07-2008, 09:22 AM
WASHINGTON — A federal judge has ordered (http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/0723086/080424atmglobalcmplt.pdf) the halt of a spam operation run by an operator of numerous online adult and social-networking websites.

The Federal Trade Commission said Tuesday that affiliates of ATM Global Systems sent out unsolicited email with false or misleading header information and failed to include an opt-out mechanism and a valid postal address.

ATM Global operates SexyFriendsearch.com, FunHookups.com, JoinDatingFun.com and EDateFunTimes.com.

On Friday, a U.S. District Court in Chicago barred the company and owners Mark Richman and Nathaniel Seidman from further violations of the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act. It also required the company to establish an affiliate monitoring program and imposes a $75,000 civil penalty.

ATM Global didn't immediately return a phone message by XBIZ seeking comment on the court order.

The company, based in Boca Raton, Fla., has used affiliates to drive users to its websites since January 2006 or earlier, the FTC said.

The affiliates sent spam with "lurid" subject lines and false header information, making it difficult for recipients to determine the identity of the sender, the FTC said.
The judge's order included a civil penalty of $442,900 — the amount the defendants made from the spamming operation — and all but $75,000 was suspended, based on the defendants' ability to pay, the FTC said.

sarettah
05-07-2008, 09:35 AM
So, let's see. That's spam, so that's an oldtimers method of scamming and that's bad, right?

I'll get this figured out yet. Yeppir.

gonzo
05-07-2008, 09:37 AM
So, let's see. That's spam, so that's an oldtimers method of scamming and that's bad, right?

I'll get this figured out yet. Yeppir.
Careful you'll get served with papers for libel and breach of contract!

sarettah
05-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Careful you'll get served with papers for libel and breach of contract!

Nah, I don't have any money, no pot to piss in, nada, zilch... Remember?

Btw. I am thinking I need to move under a bridge. If I remember right, you and Forest used to both live under bridges at some point.

Is there a guide of some sort, book or website (book preferably because I cn only get online when the library is open) to the best bridge locations and all that?

Thanx in advance :okthumb:

gonzo
05-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Nah, I don't have any money, no pot to piss in, nada, zilch... Remember?

Btw. I am thinking I need to move under a bridge. If I remember right, you and Forest used to both live under bridges at some point.

Is there a guide of some sort, book or website (book preferably because I cn only get online when the library is open) to the best bridge locations and all that?

Thanx in advance :okthumb:
Hey dont be coming south and stealing our gig.
Its hard enough picking up tin cans to make ends meet.

I think Forest got his box from Mary.
I had to make mine from news paper.

RawAlex
05-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey dont be coming south and stealing our gig.
Its hard enough picking up tin cans to make ends meet.

I think Forest got his box from Mary.
I had to make mine from news paper.

Damn, I never knew that Forest got Mary's box. I feel so uninformed.

sarettah
05-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Damn, I never knew that Forest got Mary's box. I feel so uninformed.

Hell, Forest lived in Mary's box for a good long while there. :unsure:

gonzo
05-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Hell, Forest lived in Mary's box for a good long while there. :unsure:
I have nekkid pics of her box.

RawAlex
05-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I have nekkid pics of her box.

You lucky man! :)