PDA

View Full Version : Booked for Cybernet but there's a problem...

Hell Puppy
04-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Ok, so I am all booked for Cybernet in June, but I've discovered a huge problem....

Nearest Krispy Kreme is halfway to LA.

I forgot the town is full of healthy liberal tree huggers. I would look for BBQ, but I might find BBQ Tofu and lose my mind.

Toby
04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
When in Rome....

:hide:

bluemoney
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Just be weary of anything served “meaty” & “tubular" :nono2:

EmporerEJ
04-14-2008, 03:47 AM
Ok, so I am all booked for Cybernet in June, but I've discovered a huge problem....

Nearest Krispy Kreme is halfway to LA.

I forgot the town is full of healthy liberal tree huggers. I would look for BBQ, but I might find BBQ Tofu and lose my mind.

Never fear....

For a "nominal fee," the EJ's "Fat boy morning Donut Fix" service will supply you with the KKs of your choice every-morning before 8:30 am, guaranteed.

The question is....how much is it worth to ya?

(And don't sign up for Gonzo's donut service. You'll feel like Charlie Brown with the football kick, when that bastard pulls the donuts away at the last minute.)

Jace
04-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Never fear....

For a "nominal fee," the EJ's "Fat boy morning Donut Fix" service will supply you with the KKs of your choice every-morning before 8:30 am, guaranteed.

The question is....how much is it worth to ya?

(And don't sign up for Gonzo's donut service. You'll feel like Charlie Brown with the football kick, when that bastard pulls the donuts away at the last minute.)

unless you have the sugar waterfall it isn't the same

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/krispy-kreme-waterfall.jpg

EmporerEJ
04-14-2008, 10:36 AM
unless you have the sugar waterfall it isn't the same

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/krispy-kreme-waterfall.jpg

Unfortunately, that would be a significant upcharge.
Out here in the Kuntree, we don't get the sugar waterfall, we just get a case in the convenience store. We do have lots of Dunkin' Donuts, and Maple Donuts....

LAJ
04-14-2008, 10:44 AM
BBQ and Krispy Kremes in San Fran??

LOL... surely you jest for even thinking it...

How about Chinese and a reach around?

gonzo
04-14-2008, 10:47 AM
BBQ and Krispy Kremes in San Fran??

LOL... surely you jest for even thinking it...

Jay you make me so sad. Faye would have never let us down.
What do you expect us to eat?
hahaha

connor
04-14-2008, 10:54 AM

Bwahahaha.... okay, this made me spit out my coffee.

But seriously, there's an okay seafood place right near the hotel, and a really good Thai place nearby too. But then, maybe too many pussies won't be able to handle Thai food? It's not for the weak. Haha...

gonzo
04-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Bwahahaha.... okay, this made me spit out my coffee.

But seriously, there's an okay seafood place right near the hotel, and a really good Thai place nearby too. But then, maybe too many pussies won't be able to handle Thai food? It's not for the weak. Haha...
Are you compensating for waring white socks in cowboy boots again?

Jace
04-14-2008, 11:45 AM
We do have lots of Dunkin' Donuts, and Maple Donuts....

prepackaged garbage

miz_wright
04-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately, that would be a significant upcharge.
Out here in the Kuntree, we don't get the sugar waterfall, we just get a case in the convenience store. We do have lots of Dunkin' Donuts, and Maple Donuts....

Ew...

The only thing Dunkin' Donuts is any good for is coffee.

TheEnforcer
04-14-2008, 02:27 PM
FFn is taking over San fran!! :okthumb:

LAJ
04-14-2008, 03:21 PM
I would be happy to wear a dunkin donut around my dick.

Meanwhile Polk avenue has tons of great restaurants on it!

And if you are lucky... you may even get to Polk me.

And whereas Fay would never disappoint on the redneck food... I'm not going to disappoint on the double entendres and witticisms.

gonzo
04-14-2008, 03:31 PM

And whereas Fay would never disappoint on the redneck food... I'm not going to disappoint on the double entendres and witticisms.
Hahahahaha

Its ok Jay. Since you let us down we are flying in our own tour guide to take care of the Oprano crew since youve let us down.

Im sure you know who I speak of.

softball
04-14-2008, 04:36 PM

Is San Francisco a good food town? I mean for restaurants and such. I know there is prolly good seafood and Chinese, but anything else going on? A good bowl of Tom Yum, not too spicy though, might be nice.

RawAlex
04-14-2008, 05:52 PM

In San Fran, that is considered foreplay.

bluemoney
04-14-2008, 08:48 PM
prepackaged garbage
Well said . .

I would love to have a run through Golden Gate Park screaming "Soylent Green is people!" . . . . . . "Soylent Green is people!"

wingchun22
11-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Still a boring day for me sigh Have a good day everybody

WebBilling.com
11-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Gonzo knows where the San Francisco BBQ is...

:yowsa:

gonzo
11-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Gonzo knows where the San Francisco BBQ is...

:yowsa:
And garlic...

softball
11-10-2008, 02:00 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm garlic ice cream

Hell Puppy
11-10-2008, 09:48 PM
If I go next year, it's likely for the food.

We need a show in Denver, I have a taste for Buckhorn Exchange. I wanna see if Liz will eat Rocky Mountain Oysters.

softball
11-10-2008, 10:47 PM

We need a show in Denver, I have a taste for Buckhorn Exchange. I wanna see if Liz will eat Rocky Mountain Oysters.
The French love 'em. Personally, I prefer garlic ice cream.....

Toby
11-10-2008, 10:57 PM
The French love 'em.
And they eat snails too. :scratchin

softball
11-10-2008, 11:15 PM
And they eat snails too. :scratchin

I fucking love snails. I bet you have never tried them.

Toby
11-11-2008, 12:58 AM
Nope, can't get past the thought of slimy crawly things.

Hell Puppy
11-11-2008, 01:38 AM

Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'll never know because I wont eat the nasty mother fucker.

miz_wright
11-11-2008, 10:11 AM

Depends on the age of origination.

Hell Puppy
11-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Depends on the age of origination.

So you looking to be introduced to the donor or what?

Great place to take friends from PETA:

http://www.buckhorn.com/

gonzo
11-12-2008, 08:16 AM

Make sure Andrew has a fine cheese selection for our Turkey Day feast.

miz_wright
11-12-2008, 11:39 AM

Well, as you know, I am kinda particular about some food things. In this case, lamb is fine - older sheep are less tender and can be gamey.

Hell Puppy
11-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Well, as you know, I am kinda particular about some food things. In this case, lamb is fine - older sheep are less tender and can be gamey.

oh, and i definitely respect your discriminating taste buds, in my limited experience they have very good...well...tastes!...

in this case you're confusing mountain oysters with ROCKY MOUNTAIN oysters. you're thinking small! think buffalo!

i haven't met a girl who can get both of those in her mouth at the same time....if i did, i might have to propose marriage...

LAJ
11-13-2008, 01:40 PM
I keep doing a double take on this thread...

bluemoney
11-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Cheese Burgers?

Hell Puppy
11-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Cheese Burgers?

Andrew was pissed when they switched to their current one page menu. They used to have folder style that was about 7-8 pages. Pretty much same menu, but much larger print and more detailed explanations of dishes. On holidays and busy days, he'd take out the "hamburger" page.

There's a lesson about selling in there someplace.

miz_wright
11-14-2008, 05:24 PM
oh, and i definitely respect your discriminating taste buds, in my limited experience they have very good...well...tastes!...

in this case you're confusing mountain oysters with ROCKY MOUNTAIN oysters. you're thinking small! think buffalo!

i haven't met a girl who can get both of those in her mouth at the same time....if i did, i might have to propose marriage...

I think the point here is that clearly, critter balls as part of a dining experience aren't a concern :P

I'm curious, tho, if buffalo has that same fluffy texture? Hmmm *ponders*

I reckon cooking method would have much to do with it. I mean, pan-fried would have a very different texture than steamed in situ, aye?

miz_wright
11-14-2008, 05:27 PM

PS: Gonzo, you best be plannin' to bring me back some Cheshire Blue :P

Hell Puppy
11-14-2008, 09:44 PM

Doesn't she dance down at the Clairmont Lounge?

Hell Puppy
11-14-2008, 09:54 PM
I think the point here is that clearly, critter balls as part of a dining experience aren't a concern :P

I'm curious, tho, if buffalo has that same fluffy texture? Hmmm *ponders*

I reckon cooking method would have much to do with it. I mean, pan-fried would have a very different texture than steamed in situ, aye?

Somehow I should've figured you wouldn't be the list bit skiddish of eating balls...

Now, I'm no expert, and they dont tell you on their website, but I'm pretty sure they do it the old cowboy way. Which means you first boil 'em a bit in a salt water and vinegar mixture typically. Then you bread 'em up and fry 'em.

At Buckhorn they are served split in half with a horse raddish dipping sauce.

I'd personally prefer a dab of hot sauce and/or a nice remoulade with my balls.

Hell Puppy
11-29-2008, 12:00 AM

Dont let him claim he forgot. I've reminded him a half dozen times and even told him where to go get it.

Had I known your fondness for exquisite cheese we would've planned a road trip to Star Provisions while you were in town...

EmporerEJ
11-30-2008, 02:42 PM
prepackaged garbage

Actually, no....not on the maple donuts.
We have the main production plant for the entire region right here.
They have a retail store on the front of the building, and literally bring the trays out from the line.
Think, KK on a huge scale.

And since the great Krispy Kreme Stock rip off, I have trouble swallowing them, thinking about the money lost.

Toby
11-30-2008, 02:45 PM
"Don't get emotional about stock" ~ Gordon Gecko

EmporerEJ
11-30-2008, 02:49 PM
"Don't get emotional about stock" ~ Gordon Gecko

Not emotional about the stock....emotional about the hole in my pocket.

softball
11-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Not emotional about the stock....emotional about the hole in my pocket.
What is important here is the hole in the doughnut.

gonzo
12-01-2008, 07:41 AM
What is important here is the hole in the doughnut.
I packed up a dozen hot for my ride back to Charlotte.
3 of those and it was spartanburg before the sugar buzz wore off.

miz_wright
12-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Dont let him claim he forgot. I've reminded him a half dozen times and even told him where to go get it.

Had I known your fondness for exquisite cheese we would've planned a road trip to Star Provisions while you were in town...

Usually, if I am in the 404, I try to hit the DeKalb and grab up a pile of gorgonzola, as it's actually my preferred blue (hence the part where I was asking that night about where the cheese came from - people just think "blue," not the kind of blue that it is, and it makes a profound difference in flavour). I'm not a big fan of Stilton or Shropshire, for example.

Mmmm. Cheese.

gonzo
12-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Usually, if I am in the 404, I try to hit the DeKalb and grab up a pile of gorgonzola, as it's actually my preferred blue (hence the part where I was asking that night about where the cheese came from - people just think "blue," not the kind of blue that it is, and it makes a profound difference in flavour). I'm not a big fan of Stilton or Shropshire, for example.

Mmmm. Cheese.

Andrew changed the menu. He said to tell you that cheese comes from cows no matter what the color and to get Kacy a sweater and gloves for her next visit.

bluemoney
12-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Andrew changed the menu. Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cheese Burgers?

get Kacy a sweater and gloves for her next visit. Only if there both very, very tight!

miz_wright
12-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Andrew changed the menu. He said to tell you that cheese comes from cows no matter what the color and to get Kacy a sweater and gloves for her next visit.

Well, not ALL cheese... (http://www.artisanalcheese.com/products.asp?dept=1079)

softball
12-02-2008, 04:12 PM
You like cheese?????
Try this....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

Hell Puppy
12-03-2008, 12:36 AM

Actually pretty smart changes to the menu in this economy. All of the favorites are still on there of course. He even added a few options for toppings on the steaks, and the "andrew special" is now actually on the menu instead of an "off menu" option.

But they did remove quite a few options and add a few less expensive options. He totally reworked the seafood, less to choose from there, but everything that is on there is flown in fresh that day. No more frozen stuff. If it's out of season, it aint on the menu.

Smart moves IMO, put some stuff on there to make it easier on the wallet especially if with the family. But also reduce the inventory while simultaneously making sure everything on the menu is fresh that day.

Hell Puppy
12-03-2008, 12:40 AM

Mmmm. Cheese.

I love gorgonzola. Although I like a bleu cheese encrusted steak, my absolute favorite is actually one stuffed with gorgonzola. But I rarely meet a blue that i dont like.

For that matter, I rarely meet a cheese I dont like....hell, i love velveeta shells and that only barely looks like cheese!

Surprised you dont like Stilton though, if you like Cheshire I would've thought Stilton would be the shiznit for you.

miz_wright
12-03-2008, 08:29 AM
I love gorgonzola. Although I like a bleu cheese encrusted steak, my absolute favorite is actually one stuffed with gorgonzola. But I rarely meet a blue that i dont like.

For that matter, I rarely meet a cheese I dont like....hell, i love velveeta shells and that only barely looks like cheese!

Surprised you dont like Stilton though, if you like Cheshire I would've thought Stilton would be the shiznit for you.

Well, I received this (http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/prodview.aspx?prod=A996) as a gift yesterday, so looks like I will be giving it another pass :)

*bounce* I got CHEESE as a present, y'all! How rad is that?

And, yeh huh - I also like to stuff a fat burger w/ gorgonzola... OK, it's WAY too early in the day for me to start drooling.