View Full Version : Process $1,000,000 online in 60 seconds?

TheEnforcer
04-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Given that Obama's supports give on average like $250 that'll be a lot of people trying to get their fund through in those 60 seconds. I honestly don't think raising the money is the issue a I think he can do that easily. I just wonder if the sites billing proces will be able to handle it. What say you?

Click link for full article.

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/apr2008/id2008047_357799.htm?campaign_id=rss_daily

Obama: $1 Million in a Minute
The latest salvo in the Presidential hopeful's Web campaign is a site designed to process a million dollars in 60 seconds
by Matt Vella

As the Democratic Presidential hopefuls approach Pennsylvania's Apr. 22 vote, Senator Barack Obama's (D-Ill.) campaign, trailing in statewide polls, is set to get a shot in the arm. Later this week, a small band of independent Obama supporters plans to launch another new fund-raising Web site, AnObamaMinute.com, with the goal of raising $1 million dollars in one minute.

Last week the Obama camp announced it had raised $40 million in March alone, nearly twice the amount raised by Senator Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) during the same period. In all, he has raised some $234 million. Through February, Clinton's campaign had raised $156 million.

AnObamaMinute.com calls for pledgers (who can pre-register) to register a donation within 60 seconds, at 1pm on Apr. 21. Could the site be interpreted as just another stunt in an environment where $1 million isn't what it used to be? "There is certainly an element of theater," admits one member of Obama's national finance committee who's familiar with the project (the campaign is participating to make sure all contributions meet federal giving requirements). But, it is also another ambitious fund-raising effort in a political season marked by campaigns that have aggressively pushed the boundaries of raising money, both off and online.

EmporerEJ
04-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I wonder what their chargeback ratio is?

DragonKing
04-08-2008, 06:44 PM
$234 million for a campaign? Makes me vomit red, white and fucking blue.

We will never have the right person for the job when you need these kind of numbers to run a race. God I hate this country. Time to move again.

Anyone ever been to Romania? I might be checking it out.

Sexyteaser
04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
This is a prime target for fraud has hackers/scammers salivating.

TheEnforcer
04-08-2008, 07:53 PM
I wonder what their chargeback ratio is?

For politics? Extremely small I would imagine. People invest themselves into candidates.

bluemoney
04-08-2008, 11:16 PM
No matter who wins, our next President will spend the next 4 years paying off those “blue chip contributors”