PDA

View Full Version : American express now processing adult again ?

gonzo
04-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I hear a rumor this is coming down or is already in place.

Anyone else know?

GREAT NEWS

Top_Of_Google_Man
04-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Lets hope its true.

bluemoney
04-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Maybe a new slogan?

“ American Express, Don’t stroke your bone without it”

EmporerEJ
04-04-2008, 05:33 AM
Don't bother bringing American Express to my store.
Won't ever handle them again.
Crooks, liars, and thieves.

Peddled their plastic for twenty years, and one day, for no reason, they treated me like something they found under a rock.
Nope....not gonna do it.

pam
04-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Never stopped processing with it but admittedly don't do a lot of sales with it. And, I use it for tangible goods only.

But it would be great if it came back for membership sites

MRock
04-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Let me know when it's PayPal coming back to adult and I'll get excited...

gonzo
04-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I think this is for membership sites is what Im hearing. And Damn did anyone else knock it down with paypal those years back?

pam
04-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Actually until 3 weeks ago I accepted Amex for my membership sites. I'd forgotten that -- but Hughes Billing got an account shut down for a BDSM site and my sites (r-rated, figures, huh?) were on that account so they no longer process for me. Fortunately they were just my backup processor.

gonzo
04-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Actually until 3 weeks ago I accepted Amex for my membership sites. I'd forgotten that -- but Hughes Billing got an account shut down for a BDSM site and my sites (r-rated, figures, huh?) were on that account so they no longer process for me. Fortunately they were just my backup processor.
Interesting. I hadnt realized. I thought they pulled the plug on adult years ago. The credit card companies sure are getting testy about fetish sites.

EmporerEJ
04-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Let me know when it's PayPal coming back to adult and I'll get excited...

Paypal IS back for tangible goods.
We use it when asked, but don't "promote" it.

gonzo
04-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Paypal IS back for tangible goods.
We use it when asked, but don't "promote" it.
The way Paypal arbirarily freezes funds... I sure as hell wouldnt use that for adult hard goods. Your just asking for it.

Allen
04-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Amex has been processing for quite a few paysites all along.

EmporerEJ
04-04-2008, 03:00 PM
The way Paypal arbirarily freezes funds... I sure as hell wouldnt use that for adult hard goods. Your just asking for it.

They changed their terms of service to specifically allow for adult hard goods. But I agree. That's why we don't "promote" it.

EmporerEJ
04-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Amex has been processing for quite a few paysites all along.

Not "knowingly." It is specifically forbidden in the terms of service. If someone pulls a chargeback, you will lose, regardless.

softball
04-04-2008, 03:06 PM
I bailed out of Amex years ago for that very reason. When they stopped processing adult, they were very clear about it. they weren't assholes, they just said they would stop and wound it down.

Allen
04-04-2008, 03:17 PM
EJ
as far as knowingly, you'd be surprised.

Hell Puppy
04-04-2008, 11:11 PM
I very much like the way Amex does business as a consumer. They are VERY consumer friendly and protective, which is why they bailed from this industry full of thieves and scammers.

If they're coming back, you can bet everyone is on a short leash.

I'd much rather have paypal or a decent alternative back in action (and dont anyone say "epassporte" as it is worthless to consumers and very much a caveat emptor proposition for b2b users).

pam
04-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Interesting. I hadnt realized. I thought they pulled the plug on adult years ago. The credit card companies sure are getting testy about fetish sites.

I think it's going to get worse based on what happened there.