PDA

View Full Version : The state of affiliate marketing...

softball
03-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Lots has been said about this lately. The zoo is where most of the cannon fodder hang out. Check this out:

gonzo
03-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Lots has been said about this lately. The zoo is where most of the cannon fodder hang out. Check this out:

School is back in session except for spring break!
Actually the decline is in resource boards. You got a new one popping up all the time and the increase of new folks entering this business has slowed way down.

You know back when you could pop up a 3 page AVS site with a few pages of content and watch the cash just roll in?

Sexyteaser
03-19-2008, 09:42 AM
That's a pretty steady decline....

RawAlex
03-19-2008, 01:08 PM
When Eric starts banning people for raising valid points (that go against advertisers) and allows bots, idiots, flamers, baiters, and liars to hang out without a problem, then you know there will be an issue. Moderation needs to be done with moderation, and with an eye on the desired end result, not just on the short term bottom line.

Less and less business all the time, more and more "would you hit it" and threads posted to get surfers to sites.

I would also say that many of the lower end $200-$500 a month "webmasters" are gone from the business completely. It's the nature of the game.

Paul Markham
03-19-2008, 03:25 PM
You reap what you sow.

Toby
03-19-2008, 03:40 PM
You reap what you sow.

How's that RedTube experiment going? :rolleyes:

will76
03-20-2008, 03:42 AM

how low do you think it will go ? I am guessing a lot lower.

will76
03-20-2008, 03:49 AM
When Eric starts banning people for raising valid points (that go against advertisers) and allows bots, idiots, flamers, baiters, and liars to hang out without a problem, then you know there will be an issue. Moderation needs to be done with moderation, and with an eye on the desired end result, not just on the short term bottom line.

Less and less business all the time, more and more "would you hit it" and threads posted to get surfers to sites.

I would also say that many of the lower end $200-$500 a month "webmasters" are gone from the business completely. It's the nature of the game.

I've spent over 10K in advertising on GFY and actually made business related posts there. I got banned for asking John for an update about the security breach. Apparently he cried to Eric, who closed one thread and told me " to take it off the board and ask John" directly. So after Eric gives me the warning again i tell him ok i will drop it, but John keeps going bashing me, I simply reply back to John and I get banned. But good old boy Johnny keeps on posting away knowing I can't reply so takes a bunch of low blow shots at me as soon as I gone.

I will never post on that site again. I hope John was worth it to GFY. It's one thing when you have to wade through muck and shit to find business threads, have fake nicks and trolls attacking you left and right but it is just too much when mods ban you for not breaking any rules and just asking valid questions... I can only wonder what John told Eric or what happened there to get Eric to pull that trigger.

will76
03-20-2008, 03:58 AM
School is back in session except for spring break!
Actually the decline is in resource boards. You got a new one popping up all the time and the increase of new folks entering this business has slowed way down.

You know back when you could pop up a 3 page AVS site with a few pages of content and watch the cash just roll in?

actually i plugged a lot of webmaster boards and all of them where about the same or only a slight drop off, GFY was by far the biggest decline. Your stats have been solid the last year.

gonzo
03-20-2008, 08:33 AM
actually i plugged a lot of webmaster boards and all of them where about the same or only a slight drop off, GFY was by far the biggest decline. Your stats have been solid the last year.

Im glad you can see that.
So do our advertisers.

Its actually been quiet here the past year or so.
I guess you could call it....lame.

vdc-Loki
03-20-2008, 12:56 PM
The Zoo is good for something....

Make a nice new gallery template and post it up and get people to "tell you what they think about it"

Then watch your sales lol

I'm not sure if it still works now like it did a year or so ago, but it was nice.

Gotta love surfers :)

-Loki-

RawAlex
03-20-2008, 01:08 PM
GFY has two classes of users: surfers and the people profiting from them. I cannot for the life of me imagine any company stupid enough to pay to have webmaster oriented promotions on that board. It has to be a total waste of money, unless you have good surfer filters on there to sell them memberships.