PDA

View Full Version : contest prizes

StaciEroticy508
03-18-2008, 06:52 PM
What would you guys, as webmasters, want for prizes? Cash, Gift Cards, Double Payouts? Just curious. Might possibly be throwing some contests in the near future and I would like to make sure our winners our happy with their prize. lol Let me know!:okthumb:

Toby
03-18-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't want ANY prizes. I'd rather see that money and effort spent on tools to help me make more money every day.

Sponsor contests are the proverbial dangling carrot. A promo tool for sponsors. They have little real benefit for affiliates except for the small handful that actually win something.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but you did ask.

TheEnforcer
03-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Playstation3's XBox 360's, show tickets for an industry trade show, you name it. Have a good mix of indutry related prizes as well as standard fare prizes.

Jace
03-18-2008, 08:59 PM
fuck prizes, just raise the payouts

aside from that, i like the industry trade show prizes...ticket, airfare, hotels, etc

if you wanna get creative, pick anything from www.thinkgeek.com

all though, most "prizes" I have gotten are usually in the form of gifts and I don't have to try and win for them, they are just sent to me

gonzo
03-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Fuck the prizes.

Pay me.

TheEnforcer
03-19-2008, 11:57 AM
To those who say "fuck the prizes" or "raise the payouts" you just don't get it. Not even close as a matter of fact. Whether a company offers a prize or not most certainly DOES NOT affect the size, in any substanial way, of their payouts UNLESS it is consistently giving out cars and other high ticket items on a regular basis or their payouts over the course of a year are so low no person in their right mind would ever use them. And by regular I mean once a month or something like that. Whip out a calculator and do some basic math folks. We're talking PENNIES AT MOST here.

Giving away prizes is a MARKETING TOOL and gives the program another avenue in which to promote their program. If prorams don't grow and bring in new webmaters they can stagnate and die and having multiple marketing methods helps bring in new customers. I would point out that any company that solely relies on one aspect of their program to market on and doesn't do other things to get noticed isn't getting the best out of their marketing team that they can get.

Staci, don't listen to these guys. Inudstry related stuff gives the best chance of keeping jaded old timers from whining too much and still attract newbies though yuo certainly aren't limited to it.

StaciEroticy508
03-19-2008, 12:08 PM
To those who say "fuck the prizes" or "raise the payouts" you just don't get it. Not even close as a matter of fact. Whether a company offers a prize or not most certainly DOES NOT affect the size, in any substanial way, of their payouts UNLESS it is consistently giving out cars and other high ticket items on a regular basis or their payouts over the course of a year are so low no person in their right mind would ever use them. And by regular I mean once a month or something like that. Whip out a calculator and do some basic math folks. We're talking PENNIES AT MOST here.

Giving away prizes is a MARKETING TOOL and gives the program another avenue in which to promote their program. If prorams don't grow and bring in new webmaters they can stagnate and die and having multiple marketing methods helps bring in new customers. I would point out that any company that solely relies on one aspect of their program to market on and doesn't do other things to get noticed isn't getting the best out of their marketing team that they can get.

Staci, don't listen to these guys. Inudstry related stuff gives the best chance of keeping jaded old timers from whining too much and still attract newbies though yuo certainly aren't limited to it.

Thanks! That is exactly what we are trying to do, attract new affiliates and get our affiliates excited about having something new. This is a new avenue we are trying. thanks so much for help!

TheEnforcer
03-19-2008, 12:17 PM
No problem. My pleasure.

gonzo
03-19-2008, 12:18 PM

I disagree. And could be a "active" affiliate with a solid payout increase.
Prizes are pure bullshit in my book. If I want something - I go buy it! . . .
because of sponsors that pay me consistantly and well.

TheEnforcer
03-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Contests with prizes are about as old school marketing as one can get. There's a reason it's been around since the dawn of doing business. And I'm not just talking adult either. It's been around forever as a marketing tool because it works and it generally costs very little in the grand scheme of things and brings more benefits to a company than it does cost to them.

Lets do some basic math. What do you think a pretty good sized company in the industry pays out to webmasters over the course of a year and how much is each signup of that paid out in dollars? IE- A decent company pays out X amount of dollars over the course of a year and it averages out to x amount of dollars per signup. Throw me out some numbers for several different sized companies and lets run the numbers on how much payouts are affected by a contest. I guarantee you the affect is minimal at best.

Jace
03-19-2008, 01:33 PM
is this better for you

instead of a prize, just give me the cash value of said prize, that is basically what I mean when I say fuck prizes, give me money

if sponsor a is giving away a laptop valued at $1200 for x number of sales
and sponsor b is giving away $1200 extra in your payout for x number of sales

I would go with sponsor b

Nymph
03-19-2008, 03:54 PM
I won't join a new sponsor, or push one of my existing ones harder because they are giving away a laptop, or any other prize for so many sales in whatever amount of time.

On the other hand, if they increase the payout for those sales, or maybe even offer special made promo material to the winner (something that is not over seen on every other site promoting them) I would push more to them.