PDA

View Full Version : Who can convert Wordpress themes from PSD to CSS?

Jace
03-18-2008, 01:22 AM
I need someone reliable that can convert a psd to a wordpress theme, I will have 3-4 a week to be done

the finished theme must be css, widget and tags ready

post me prices per each psd here and examples if you have them

you can also icq or email me, both are in my sig

sarettah
03-18-2008, 02:03 AM
post me prices per each psd here and examples if you have them

Um, The difficulty of taking something from image to css would be directly related to the complexity of the theme. How can someone quote that without seeing the psd version first?

Jace
03-18-2008, 02:09 AM
Um, The difficulty of taking something from image to css would be directly related to the complexity of the theme. How can someone quote that without seeing the psd version first?

not really. wordpress themes are pretty much all the same...header, footer, single page, sidebar 1, sidebar 2...then some text css styling

Hell Puppy
03-18-2008, 05:14 AM
not really. wordpress themes are pretty much all the same...header, footer, single page, sidebar 1, sidebar 2...then some text css styling

yeah, but it gets hairy as hell if you do a theme of any complexity that has things like rounded corners, fades or background tricks where parts of the CSS have to align across different sections of the page. Most designers are accustomed to being able to slice anyway they like, and that doesn't necessarily jive with a WP template.

So far I've had most of my WP themes done in a modular fashion to avoid this. But I've done quite a few conversions from psd into things like Smarty, and I'd rather take an ass whipping.

Jace
03-18-2008, 08:34 AM
yeah, but it gets hairy as hell if you do a theme of any complexity that has things like rounded corners, fades or background tricks where parts of the CSS have to align across different sections of the page. Most designers are accustomed to being able to slice anyway they like, and that doesn't necessarily jive with a WP template.

So far I've had most of my WP themes done in a modular fashion to avoid this. But I've done quite a few conversions from psd into things like Smarty, and I'd rather take an ass whipping.

well, i haven't had any trouble getting people to do it so far, but the reasons you stated above are the EXACT reasons I would rather pay someone $40 to do it for me