PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Storms -- how's natnet?

Hell Puppy
03-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Looks like a tornado went right thru downtown Atlanta. Rare to see one hit the heart of a major city but this sucker wreaked havoc around the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena, Centennial Park and even blue windows out of some of the big hotels downtown. Very few injuries reported and no fatalities so far despite the fact that the SEC basketball championship was going on at the Dome and there was a Hawks game in town. Well, ok, maybe not so amazing with the Hawks game as no one goes to those...

It went down Marietta Street so it should've passed very close if not right by Natnet's data center. Hope all of the crew over there is ok especially the folks working the NOC at that time. Best I can tell, servers never missed a beat I didn't get a single alarm and mine were up when I checked them periodically. Nice test of the data center and facilities infrastructure under fire, and as I'd expect they passed with flying colors.

bluemoney
03-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Looks like we're going to get slammed again!

VooMan
03-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Howdy Folks,

Sorry for the delayed reply, but yes, NationalNet is okay... the offices and data center didn't have any problems except for the revolving door downstairs getting blown out from the wind. That's about it. :-)

Hell Puppy
03-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Howdy Folks,

Sorry for the delayed reply, but yes, NationalNet is okay... the offices and data center didn't have any problems except for the revolving door downstairs getting blown out from the wind. That's about it. :-)

Glad to hear it, that's great news.

Was even more concerned after sun came up and I saw some of the pics from places like the GWCC and the lofts they built over at the old cotton mill in Cabbage Town.

I'm amazed no one was killed. Only deaths attributed to the storm so far were out in the sticks 50+ miles from downtown.