PDA

View Full Version : for rhetorical

DannyCox
03-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey Graham, I know you miss the East, so I thought I would share this picture I took of Carol in front of our house yesterday ;)

http://www.carolcox.com/stuff/csnow.jpg

Sexyteaser
03-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Wow now thats hot! are you taking the photo or did she bury you in the snow?

btw I just asked Steve how to spell bury and he wanted to know if I was looking at our insurance policy.

softball
03-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Damn that brought a tear to my eye. I almost ran out and bought a one way ticket to Toronto when I saw that. I am tired of having to drive a half an hour up a mountain to walk around in ten feet of snow. Damn, you can just step outside your door. Lucky Bastard. Say hi to Carol from us.

DragonKing
03-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Wow i thought our 10 inches was alot! lo
Hey Danny, Tell Carol I say hi please!
Dam it's been forever since i say you guys

softball
03-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow i thought our 10 inches was alot! lo
Hey Danny, Tell Carol I say hi please!
Dam it's been forever since i say you guys
Yeah my wife told me my ten inches was a lot. And I believed her.

Forest
03-15-2008, 02:33 PM
that is the exact reason i moved to florida

If i want to see snow I take a plane so when im sick of it i can come home

softball
03-15-2008, 02:45 PM
that is the exact reason i moved to florida

If i want to see snow I take a plane so when im sick of it i can come home

If I wanna see a snowflake, I drive up a hill. If I wanna see a Hurricane and destruction, white shoes, pink shirts and matching belt and listen to redneck radio, I visit Florida.

Hell Puppy
03-16-2008, 09:56 AM
If I wanna see a snowflake, I drive up a hill. If I wanna see a Hurricane and destruction, white shoes, pink shirts and matching belt and listen to redneck radio, I visit Florida.

what's wrong with pink shirts?

Forest
03-16-2008, 10:00 AM

Thats the OLD florida. Thats the florida I remember as a kid. It is sooo different today.

Lots of culture, great food, concerts special events, street fairs (cayo ocho is this weekend)

Hell Puppy
03-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Thats the OLD florida. Thats the florida I remember as a kid. It is sooo different today.

Lots of culture, great food, concerts special events, street fairs (cayo ocho is this weekend)

I was in Ft. Lauderdale a few weeks ago and felt like I was in Cuba. I had to speak spanish to order lunch and the airport smelled like feet and ass.

softball
03-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Also when I travel, I like to get away from canadians, so avoid Florida.

Forest
03-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Also when I travel, I like to get away from canadians, so avoid Florida.

from dec to april this is fucking mini canada

But thanks to the canadians ( and the rest of the tourists) we have no state income tax

and HP Ft lauderdale isnt that cuban. Go to Miami and thats all cuban. Thats why I live in Broward county. Much more like a southern NY here.

I love it. Would be hard pressed to live anywhere else and I have lived all over the country

Sexyteaser
03-16-2008, 03:14 PM

Speaking of Florida did anyone catch the sping break msnbc article - now that the economy is bad there are businesses complaining about running off the spring break college kids... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23565992/ The same thing happened in the 1980's in Palm Springs.

Forest
03-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Speaking of Florida did anyone catch the sping break msnbc article - now that the economy is bad there are businesses complaining about running off the spring break college kids... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23565992/ The same thing happened in the 1980's in Palm Springs.

that article also goes on to say that since running off the spring breakers in 1985 ( where annual tourism was around 2.2m visitors) ft Lauderdale has increased year round tourism to almost 5x that number

good riddance to the kids. Now that Im old and mellow i have no interest in that crowd

softball
03-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Here we stick em on a Mountain....Whistler...

Hell Puppy
03-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Ahhh, i remember Daytona fondly from my college years. Guaranteed to snap a dry streak....hehe.

Spring Break is ever changing. Any place with an 18 year old drinking age instead of 21 is going to draw. And it's still so big in places like South Padre that if you have a big business with a lot of low end labor (call centers, dept stores, etc), you lose as much as 20-30% of your work force for 4-6 weeks while spring breakers are in town. They cast aside their sub-$10 an hour jobs for a few weeks and go soak in some of those dollars pumped in by the college kids.

The kids may pile 8 people into the cheapest hotels in town, but they do spend their money. They just prefer to spend it on booze over accomodations. But the locals HATE it, traffic snarls, no one gets any sleep, infrastructure is stressed to the limits.

Now Atlanta ran off Freaknik, which as essentially THE spot for black college spring break. It was the worst of both worlds. Not only did you have the problems with traffic, noise, etc. But crime went thru the roof to boot....the behavior glorified by the hip hop generation gets ramped to a whole new level when you have tens of thousands of young black men all drinking and trying to get laid in one place.

However, these guys also didn't spend anything. After the first year or so, many restaurants in the party areas would just close down for the week Freaknik was in town. Lots of dine-n-dash without paying. If they did pay it was the cheapest thing on the menu and no tip for the servers.

Forest
03-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Here we stick em on a Mountain....Whistler...

im planing a trip to whistler next season

softball
03-16-2008, 10:20 PM
im planing a trip to whistler next season

Look me up....I live pretty close. Even closer than Allaby....lol...

RawAlex
03-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Look me up....I live pretty close. Even closer than Allaby....lol...

There is a joke in here about snow and stuff, but I can't quite put it all together.

softball
03-16-2008, 11:46 PM
There is a joke in here about snow and stuff, but I can't quite put it all together.
Now that was funny.

EmporerEJ
03-17-2008, 11:27 AM
from dec to april this is fucking mini canada

But thanks to the canadians ( and the rest of the tourists) we have no state income tax

and HP Ft lauderdale isnt that cuban. Go to Miami and thats all cuban. Thats why I live in Broward county. Much more like a southern NY here.

I love it. Would be hard pressed to live anywhere else and I have lived all over the country

You know, I was wondering why so many adult businesses were in Florida.
But then, you start thinking about the Homestead act, Taxes, and the nice weather, and it all clicks.

Southern Cal is nice, but massively expensive. Flordia is more like a transplanted Northeastern "state." Cheap bastards, (Like me) and retirees on a "fixed income," (I'm SOOOOO tired of hearing my parents say that.)

And of course.....Golf.
Personally, I'd like a nice place somewhere around the cape. Seemed like a reasonable area.
Thoughts?

Forest
03-17-2008, 11:50 AM
You know, I was wondering why so many adult businesses were in Florida.
But then, you start thinking about the Homestead act, Taxes, and the nice weather, and it all clicks.

Southern Cal is nice, but massively expensive. Flordia is more like a transplanted Northeastern "state." Cheap bastards, (Like me) and retirees on a "fixed income," (I'm SOOOOO tired of hearing my parents say that.)

And of course.....Golf.
Personally, I'd like a nice place somewhere around the cape. Seemed like a reasonable area.
Thoughts?

Lower property taxes as a whole then the north east. 0 income tax, tons of talent for adult companies to choose from great weather year round (going to be 78 and sunny today) are all reasons to live here. The cape area is a little to far north for me personally but it still is a nice area. I love living right in between ft. lauderdale and Miami. Was at a heat game last night. All of the major Bway shows that tour play in either Miami or ftlauderdale. All the major concert tours come to either cities. So there is always something to do.

I have lived all over the country. From the Keys to Sonoma county and up to maine and even in the middle of the country so I know what else is out there. But I choose to live here.

U cant beat living 2 miles from the beach either ;)

EmporerEJ
03-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Lower property taxes as a whole then the north east. 0 income tax, tons of talent for adult companies to choose from great weather year round (going to be 78 and sunny today) are all reasons to live here. The cape area is a little to far north for me personally but it still is a nice area. I love living right in between ft. lauderdale and Miami. Was at a heat game last night. All of the major Bway shows that tour play in either Miami or ftlauderdale. All the major concert tours come to either cities. So there is always something to do.

I have lived all over the country. From the Keys to Sonoma county and up to maine and even in the middle of the country so I know what else is out there. But I choose to live here.

U cant beat living 2 miles from the beach either ;)

Heard that.....!

Getting real tired of the cold, ice, and snow.
Still tied to here for family reasons, but that's about it.
Only negative I see about florida is the "too hot" summers, and those nasty big red ants that are big enough to carry you off.

EmporerEJ
03-17-2008, 12:34 PM
what's wrong with pink shirts?

I'm told it's not "pink," it's "Rose."

Hell Puppy
03-18-2008, 05:22 AM
I could stand tampa, dont know that i would want to go further south than that. Only thing is though from a business standpoint, that's saturation in terms of competition for resources. Hard to find a hot girl willing to shoot hardcore who hasn't already been tagged by at least a half dozen different shooters.

I love the pacific northwest as well, but cost of living up there is outrageous. But there are tons of techie resources. I've threatened to open an office there for at least a couple of years. Instead so far, I just work closely with a couple of companies in the area and fly up there a few times a year.