PDA

View Full Version : Website, affiliates, cart

EmporerEJ
03-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Ok, so, after too many years, I'm thinking a revamp of the whole site deal.

But here's the rub:

Need a cart with affiliate system built in, and then make it work with something I understand.

Yes, I'm still from the front page era, and not very good at that.
I'll have my mac art guy work on the website, and make it all fancy. Job out our flash needs, cause I'm too damn old to learn, (and I've tried....since back in the first days of flash, before it was called flash) and not only that, I'm just not that artistic. (So I sorta know how flash works, and sort of understand it when it's all laid out for me, and could probably make some simple changes to a flash movie, but creating from scratch requires artistic ability......not my forte.)

No, I'm not gonna pay some ass clown a zillion dollars because he says he's a web designer. I've been down that route a couple times now, to no result.
And, to add another layer of difficulty, I don't want it too fancy that I can't understand it, because I'm anal about control, and long experience has taught me that most artistic types are flakes, and eventually disappear on you. Just when you need them.

Suggestions? (besides shoot myself in the head, please)

gonzo
03-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Ok, so, after too many years, I'm thinking a revamp of the whole site deal.

But here's the rub:

Need a cart with affiliate system built in, and then make it work with something I understand.

Yes, I'm still from the front page era, and not very good at that.
I'll have my mac art guy work on the website, and make it all fancy. Job out our flash needs, cause I'm too damn old to learn, (and I've tried....since back in the first days of flash, before it was called flash) and not only that, I'm just not that artistic. (So I sorta know how flash works, and sort of understand it when it's all laid out for me, and could probably make some simple changes to a flash movie, but creating from scratch requires artistic ability......not my forte.)

No, I'm not gonna pay some ass clown a zillion dollars because he says he's a web designer. I've been down that route a couple times now, to no result.
And, to add another layer of difficulty, I don't want it too fancy that I can't understand it, because I'm anal about control, and long experience has taught me that most artistic types are flakes, and eventually disappear on you. Just when you need them.

Suggestions? (besides shoot myself in the head, please)

Whats the current site look like?

EmporerEJ
03-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Whats the current site look like?

Circa 2000.....(Not far from accurate by the way....)

www.vrinnovations.com

EmporerEJ
03-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Circa 2000.....(Not far from accurate by the way....)

www.vrinnovations.com

Or, you know, VirtualSexMachine.com......

They both go the same place....for right now.

gonzo
03-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh my... Ill hush while Im ahead.

EmporerEJ
03-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh my... Ill hush while Im ahead.

Well, that's not helping.
You aren't going to offend me. I KNOW it's dreary.
And while the level of "dreariness" is not completely intentional, some of it is.

But I'm projecting out at about 6 months now.
I'd like it to look snappy and modern/hi tech about 6 months from now.
(For my own reasons that I would not like to discuss in the open)

gonzo
03-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Well, that's not helping.
You aren't going to offend me. I KNOW it's dreary.
And while the level of "dreariness" is not completely intentional, some of it is.

But I'm projecting out at about 6 months now.
I'd like it to look snappy and modern/hi tech about 6 months from now.
(For my own reasons that I would not like to discuss in the open)

Im certain I would offend you but not for the reasons youd think.
Dont mind me though...Ill be keeping my mouth shut... till june.