PDA

View Full Version : Greatest QB of all time retiring.

TheEnforcer
03-04-2008, 10:02 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034

Favre tells Packers he's retiring
ESPN.com news services

Updated: March 4, 2008, 9:53 AM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre has decided to retire.

Favre
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported that according to Favre's agent, Buss Cook, Favre informed Packers coach Mike McCarthy of his decision Monday night.

Foxsports.com first reported Favre's decision.

A sure-fire first-ballot Hall of Famer, Favre, acquired in a trade with the Atlanta Falcons, led the Packers back to the NFL's elite. He retires with 5,377 carrer completions in 8,758 attempts for 61,655 yards, 442 touchdowns and 288 interceptions.

Cook said as of Tuesday morning, there were no plans for Favre to hold a news conference.

bluemoney
03-04-2008, 09:00 PM
I remember in 1990 (when I lived in the ATL) I was driving back to Athens on a Saturday when UGA was playing So. Miss. Favre had been amazing that day and was leading his team down the field late in the fourth down by one point.

Favre got So. Miss in Field Goal range with just seconds left only to see their kicker cling one off the up rights no good. Georgia won 18 -17. But everyone listening or watching that game knew he was special.

PS. Leave it to the Atlanta "Fucking" Falcons to be the team that had both Brett Favre & Deion Sanders on the same team and find a way to fuck that up!

Hell Puppy
03-05-2008, 01:03 AM
I remember in 1990 (when I lived in the ATL) I was driving back to Athens on a Saturday when UGA was playing So. Miss. Favre had been amazing that day and was leading his team down the field late in the fourth down by one point.

Favre got So. Miss in Field Goal range with just seconds left only to see their kicker cling one off the up rights no good. Georgia won 18 -17. But everyone listening or watching that game knew he was special.

PS. Leave it to the Atlanta "Fucking" Falcons to be the team that had both Brett Favre & Deion Sanders on the same team and find a way to fuck that up!

Favre may not have ever been the same guy had he stayed in Atlanta or any relatively large city. Even Brett admits he tried to drink up all of Buckhead. Then showing up late for practice and hung over as a rookie, what coach wouldn't want a guy gone?

mmemmer
03-05-2008, 01:57 AM
So sad, I really think he had more in him but then again you have to live with that body after you put it through the wringer, so perhaps that is why he is leaving while he is still on top of his game.

TheEnforcer
03-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Favre may not have ever been the same guy had he stayed in Atlanta or any relatively large city. Even Brett admits he tried to drink up all of Buckhead. Then showing up late for practice and hung over as a rookie, what coach wouldn't want a guy gone?

Mike Holmgren and Ron Wolf. :>)) They knew all of this and knew they could get his talent to shine. They gave the Falcons a higher pick than Favre was taken at. Hell the Packers doctors FAILED Favre on his physical and Wolf ordered them to change the result! That's having total and complete faith in what your eyes see of a person's talent and knowing you can harness it.

TeraTree
03-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Favre vs Elway in the superbowl... one of the better ones I remember. Of course the better man won that game but Favre was almost as fun to watch as Elway.

He had a killer season, to bad they didnt make it all the way, i was pulling for him.