PDA

View Full Version : This site seems fast

farkedup
01-28-2008, 04:03 PM
I've been getting REALLY sick of how slow some of the other webmaster forums are and this place is loading quick for me... is that normal for this site?

God I need a new place to post LOL

farkedup
01-28-2008, 04:04 PM
I may have spoke too soon LOL posting took a while but browsing all the pages is fast

gonzo
01-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Posting will be slow if theres a lot of people online.
The database is HUGE and I think the rats running the database server have to stop for a drink every so often.

farkedup
01-28-2008, 04:13 PM
shouldn't take all that long to post, I have some 10+ Gb DB's that I post to all the time that are still lightning fast, weird...

Maybe its time to upgrade to gerbils instead of mice?

gonzo
01-28-2008, 04:17 PM
shouldn't take all that long to post, I have some 10+ Gb DB's that I post to all the time that are still lightning fast, weird...

Beats me. Im just the janitor around these parts. Welcome.

farkedup
01-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Beats me. Im just the janitor around these parts. Welcome.
is it safe to bend over while you scrub the toilets?

JoesHO
01-28-2008, 04:51 PM

The key is do NOT let him bend over in front of you if he has to go to the toilet to scrub his pants!

miz_wright
01-28-2008, 04:54 PM
I've been getting REALLY sick of how slow some of the other webmaster forums are and this place is loading quick for me... is that normal for this site?

God I need a new place to post LOL

Well, in that case, welcome.

In response to your question, Oprano has always loaded with a quickness for me.

gonzo
01-28-2008, 05:02 PM

I just tip the outhouse over when its clean up time.

farkedup
01-28-2008, 10:50 PM
I just tip the outhouse over when its clean up time.
please make sure I'm not in it when you do that!

gonzo
01-29-2008, 01:47 AM
please make sure I'm not in it when you do that!
Aint no fun in that!

EmporerEJ
01-29-2008, 03:07 AM

I think we USED to have gerbils here.....but they were last seen with the janitor. Something about "fur is getting too long?"
Well, anyhow, he said they all died, and we needed to replace them. So, we got rats instead, 'cause they are supposed to be hardy, and we're still not sure we got the whole story on the "gerbils...."
:whistling

gonzo
01-29-2008, 11:06 AM
I think we USED to have gerbils here.....but they were last seen with the janitor. Something about "fur is getting too long?"
Well, anyhow, he said they all died, and we needed to replace them. So, we got rats instead, 'cause they are supposed to be hardy, and we're still not sure we got the whole story on the "gerbils...."
:whistling
I just checked ... the ad gerbils ate the database gerbils. But the good news is that the ads are serving much faster which should take a load off the database!