PDA

View Full Version : Snow in ATL Twice In One Week

Hell Puppy
01-19-2008, 03:26 PM
So I hear it snowed the other night while we were still in Vegas. I understand that made some of the flights in fun. I know some of the NatNet crew got to come in by way of Knoxville and didn't even get charged anything extra to sit on the tarmac up there for 3 hours or so.

We timed our flight to come in between the last ice and this one. The hotel offered a sweet deal to stay an extra night, glad I didn't. Had we been staying at one of my favorite properties I likely would've risked it. Atlanta Airport isn't good at much, and de-icing runways and planes is one they dont get a lot of practice at. Every other airport around is wide open and business as usual, Hartsfield will be cancelling flights left and right.

At my house now there's an inch or two on the ground already, great snow, big flakes, packs well. Roads are pretty much just wet as temp is hovering near freezing. Side streets might be a tad slick. Shouldn't have to go far north to get a real mess. And it's supposed to go into the teens tonight so whatever is out there will freeze up.

Now for those who have never been in Atlanta when this happens, the town loses it's mind. Few can drive on it because we do not get it very often. And if you can drive on it, you have to watch out for those who cant. When I went out for groceries, some stupid ass soccer mom in her SUV was tailgating just like she would during rush hour. I gave her some "friendly tips" at the redlight.

Speaking of groceries. If the weatherman even says "snow" everyone goes and buys up all of the milk and bread in town like they're gonna be snowbound for a week. And I had to get out there with them since I just got back from Vegas and literally had NOTHING in the house to eat. I normally eat out, but the restaurants will all close as well. Kroger was a total mob scene.

Jace
01-19-2008, 03:30 PM
went to kroger as well this morning, was CRAZY

must have been 200 people waiting to check out, all with tons of canned foods and frozen pizzas, LOL

we have not left again...gunna sit by the fire tonight and play wii all night...got dance dance revolution, that should keep us nice and hot :)

Hell Puppy
01-20-2008, 01:44 PM
went to kroger as well this morning, was CRAZY

must have been 200 people waiting to check out, all with tons of canned foods and frozen pizzas, LOL

we have not left again...gunna sit by the fire tonight and play wii all night...got dance dance revolution, that should keep us nice and hot :)

And true to form, today, nothing...

What little bit is still left will melt by dark.

VooMan
01-21-2008, 10:08 AM
I have to say I was surprised by the snow on Saturday. Pretty much all day long in midtown, though it didn't stick too much. I have a Publix at the base of my building so at least I didn't have to drive anywhere. :)

gonzo
01-21-2008, 10:18 AM
I have to say I was surprised by the snow on Saturday. Pretty much all day long in midtown, though it didn't stick too much. I have a Publix at the base of my building so at least I didn't have to drive anywhere. :)

We missed you a few weeks ago at Blue Willow Inn.
We got there on time this go round so they werent out of fried chicken!

VooMan
01-21-2008, 04:20 PM
We missed you a few weeks ago at Blue Willow Inn.
We got there on time this go round so they werent out of fried chicken!

Man, I still remember wanting to die after that meal. I ate enough to clog a woodchipper. haha

Hell Puppy
01-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Man, I still remember wanting to die after that meal. I ate enough to clog a woodchipper. haha

It always makes for an interesting ride home.