PDA

View Full Version : Hey EJ, Emporer dude, just for you

sarettah
01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/main/5414105.html

If you're younger than 35, you'll probably live long enough to put David Levy's prediction to the test. Levy says that by 2050 we'll be creating robots so lifelike, so imbued with human-seeming intelligence and emotions, as to be nearly indistinguishable from real people. And we'll have sex with these robots. Some of us will even marry them. And it will all be good.

Levy lays out his vision of a Brave New Carnal World in Love and Sex With Robots: The Evolution of Human-Robot Relationships, which, despite its extended riffs on sex toys through the ages, is a snigger-free book. Levy's no Al Goldstein. Rather he's a 62-year-old British chess master turned artificial-intelligence expert persuaded that robot sex can brighten the lives of many, many unhappy people. "Great sex on tap for everyone, 24/7,'' he writes on the final page of the book. What's not to like?

:okthumb:

RawAlex
01-02-2008, 06:10 PM
And 50 years ago they said we would all have flying cars and people would live on the moon.

Check back in 50.

EmporerEJ
01-03-2008, 03:28 AM
Thanks for thinking of me.
:-)

And I actually am included in the this new book of his, "Love and Sex with Robots: The Evolution of Human-Robot Relationships"

I'm on page 236 for a paragraph or so, and again on 263, about half a page.

I think I actually talked to that dude once...

This is like, the 3rd or 4th book I'm in now.

Didja want my automograph?
Better get it now.
Pretty soon, I'll be way too famous to be talkin' to you commoners.

:waving:

KevinG
01-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I had sex with a robot when I was married.

miz_wright
01-03-2008, 11:58 AM
I had sex with a robot when I was married.

:rofl:

sarettah
01-03-2008, 12:56 PM
And 50 years ago they said we would all have flying cars and people would live on the moon.

Canadians don't have flying cars????

Hammer
01-03-2008, 01:22 PM
As soon as they create a robot that looks exactly like a real woman and feels like a real woman and will do anything I program her to do, including not talking, I won't be able to get there with my check fast enough.

EmporerEJ
01-03-2008, 02:45 PM
As soon as they create a robot that looks exactly like a real woman and feels like a real woman and will do anything I program her to do, including not talking, I won't be able to get there with my check fast enough.

Give me time (and resources) Hammer.
I'm working on it. But it's slow going, building from the profits.
What we need is an IPO.

sarettah
01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
building from the profits.

Well, shit, there's your mistake. Try using some plastic and some circuit boards and stuff and you will get a lot closer a lot quicker. :okthumb:

gonzo
01-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Well, shit, there's your mistake. Try using some plastic and some circuit boards and stuff and you will get a lot closer a lot quicker. :okthumb:
You tell him. Damn geeks!

EmporerEJ
01-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Damn guys, thanks.
I knew I was doing something wrong when the money kept getting sticky.
We spent all our time washing, drying, and refolding it.

NOW I know what to do!

:yowsa::okthumb: