PDA

View Full Version : Moniker anyone?

MRock
01-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Anyone here bought/sold through Moniker? Is their domain evaluation worth it? Is it accurate? Saw the add for their live auction at Internext and got me thinking about the value of one of my domains...:scratchin

WebBilling.com
01-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi MRock - I had lunch with Monte two weeks ago - their appraisal service is currently the only one recognized by the IRS for valuation - they treat domains just like real estate - buy, sell, lease, appraise, escrow, auction, assist with finance and they are working on "title insurance!" A lot of appraisal services will appeal to your vanity - Moniker will give you a number you could take to the IRS, Courtroom or your Bank.
We covered a lot in Klixxx - and they are the only registrar that has consistently supported the adult industry since the beginning. I still consider Moniker a great source of information, and my most viewed blog to date is What Makes a Good Domain? The Expert's List http://xbiz.com/blogs/87279

Bari is the most visible Moniker representative and a hard worker, but if you want to speak with Monte let me know. :okthumb:

MRock
01-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks Joe! I signed up today and will be having my domain submitted. :okthumb:

EmporerEJ
01-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Anyone here bought/sold through Moniker? Is their domain evaluation worth it? Is it accurate? Saw the add for their live auction at Internext and got me thinking about the value of one of my domains...:scratchin

Sat through the auction in Hollywood, Fl Internext. Seemed very professional, and they were selling shit for prices that got me thinking JUST LIKE YOU.

But, being the pack rat that I am, I can't give up any of mine. I keep promising I'm gonna develop them.
(And I Got some REAL good ones I've been sitting on for years....)

MRock
01-03-2008, 04:47 AM
Yes...the lure of a nice deposit in my bank got me thinking too...in the AVN ad it had these domains listed as previous auctioned domains: shemale 520k, bdsm 295k, interracialsex 150k, latinpussy 135k and handjob 90k. I know they listed those to get the reaction like they did from me... so it worked, lol. I'm holding ddmilf com and thought it would fit nicely in that list. If they think they could get me numbers like the ones listed, I'd put it up in an instant! :clapping:

EmporerEJ
01-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Yes...the lure of a nice deposit in my bank got me thinking too...in the AVN ad it had these domains listed as previous auctioned domains: shemale 520k, bdsm 295k, interracialsex 150k, latinpussy 135k and handjob 90k. I know they listed those to get the reaction like they did from me... so it worked, lol. I'm holding ddmilf com and thought it would fit nicely in that list. If they think they could get me numbers like the ones listed, I'd put it up in an instant! :clapping:

Dude, I was there for a couple of those. Real people bid (and apparently paid for) those names.
Gotta make you wonder, 'especially with the building cost overrruns.......

:whistling

sarettah
01-03-2008, 04:23 PM
On a related note:

http://v.current.com/video/asset/880/606/31/7YD4WcSm.flv

LOS ANGELES & POMPANO BEACH, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oversee.net, a leading technology-driven online marketing solutions company, and Moniker®, one of the fastest-growing providers of domain name registration, domain asset management, and monetization services, announced today that Oversee has acquired Moniker. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

One of the more innovative ICANN-accredited registrars, Moniker offers products and services beyond basic registration, including name creation, registration, acquisition, portfolio management, theft protection, appraisal and escrow services, traffic monetization, live and online domain auctions and aftermarket sales. The company is well regarded by registrants and domain name industry professionals as the most secure and customer-focused registrar in the industry.

Moniker operations will remain in Pompano Beach, Florida and will continue to be led by Monte Cahn, President of Moniker. Cahn has agreed to a multi-year commitment with Oversee by continuing to run Moniker, in addition to other senior executive responsibilities within Oversee.

Oversee acquired domain name auction leader SnapNames® last June, and the company believes the addition of Moniker will give Oversee a complete array of services to cement its leadership position in the domain name secondary market. Oversee will leverage the two divisions’ capabilities by adding Moniker’s live auction and back-office services to SnapNames Live™ to offer the industry’s most comprehensive live and silent auction services.

The first demonstration of the integration will be at DOMAINfest Global later this month, where SnapNames Live will lead and conduct the auction, with Moniker providing valuation and escrow services. More integrated services are planned, including:

Deepening Moniker’s continuing commitment to its auction partners through the use of the SnapNames Live technology in Moniker-managed auctions
The addition of DomainSponsor as an available option in Moniker’s TrafficClub monetization service
Availability of Moniker’s registrar services for SnapNames and DomainSponsor customers
Inclusion of traffic and monetization history as data for domain name auctions
A complete set of Domain Asset Management services that offer domain owners all the tools necessary to profitably manage their domains
Commenting on the transaction, Moniker CEO Cahn said, “Oversee’s advanced technology platform and strong financial resources give us the capability to focus on further expanding our market opportunity. This is a dynamic industry, and our collaboration with SnapNames puts Oversee well ahead of any competitor. This is a tremendous opportunity for Oversee and Moniker.”

gonzo
01-03-2008, 04:26 PM
I have a lot of the domains I own at Moniker.

A peace of advice dont hold on to a domain name you dont plan to develop in hopes of cashing out.

They get worth less and less daily as what remains the real commodity is traffic.

Cash out when you get a real offer.
I did.

EmporerEJ
01-03-2008, 04:32 PM
I have a lot of the domains I own at Moniker.

A peace of advice dont hold on to a domain name you dont plan to develop in hopes of cashing out.

They get worth less and less daily as what remains the real commodity is traffic.

Cash out when you get a real offer.
I did.

Assuming you put it up for sale and got an offer?
My thoughts are, though "we that have been around since Al Gore Invented the internet" feel the web has been 'round a while, in the big scheme of things, the internet world is very young.

Like real estate, I invest for long term return.

gonzo
01-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Assuming you put it up for sale and got an offer?
My thoughts are, though "we that have been around since Al Gore Invented the internet" feel the web has been 'round a while, in the big scheme of things, the internet world is very young.

Like real estate, I invest for long term return.
I was made an offer I couldnt refuse.

WebBilling.com
01-03-2008, 06:56 PM
I was made an offer I couldnt refuse.

And of course as in any real estate investment you can make improvements to increase value - I've seen some that came with the 'URL name' 800 number, accompanying .net and .biz domains, development of relevant traffic...lots of things you can do but like any condo, make sure the building will support your improvements when you go to sell...

MRock
01-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Good points all. My url is a functioning site and does make money. Actually, I had thought about developing it into another "Jill" membership site with a program. Most folks here didn't like our Jill Jaxx program using Verotel. This site is on CCBill, but currently just used as an upsell from c4s.

Jrzeygirl
01-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi MRock - I had lunch with Monte two weeks ago - their appraisal service is currently the only one recognized by the IRS for valuation - they treat domains just like real estate - buy, sell, lease, appraise, escrow, auction, assist with finance and they are working on "title insurance!" A lot of appraisal services will appeal to your vanity - Moniker will give you a number you could take to the IRS, Courtroom or your Bank.
We covered a lot in Klixxx - and they are the only registrar that has consistently supported the adult industry since the beginning. I still consider Moniker a great source of information, and my most viewed blog to date is What Makes a Good Domain? The Expert's List http://xbiz.com/blogs/87279

Bari is the most visible Moniker representative and a hard worker, but if you want to speak with Monte let me know. :okthumb:

Thanks for the shout out JoeD! ;)

Hi All...I'm fairly new to this board - but not to this industry. JoeD told me I needed to get my butt over there and join so - here I am! If anyone has any questions about Moniker feel free to hit me up! :okthumb:

Moniker is the first and only provider of Domain Asset Management™. More than just the standard ICANN Accredited Registrar, Moniker is the most secure and customer service driven domain name registrar in the industry. Moniker is a top 3 domain registrar - holding the industry’s highest customer retention rate and generating the highest average price for aftermarket name sales. We help save you money, protect your possessions, and better manage your domain assets.

Moniker is the only registrar to offer secure Domain Escrow Services for all types of transactions; both public and private. Our services include domain name registration, domain name transfers, domain name appraisals, domain name sales, domain parking services, monetization, after-market sales, URL forwarding, domain traffic monitoring, website promotion and webhosting - ALL backed by supreme customer service and security. Moniker is more than just domain names; we’re a full turnkey Domain Asset Management registrar that puts their customers first. Let Moniker provide you with the superior service YOU deserve.

gonzo
01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the shout out JoeD! ;)

Hi All...I'm fairly new to this board - but not to this industry. JoeD told me I needed to get my butt over there and join so - here I am! If anyone has any questions about Moniker feel free to hit me up! :okthumb:

Moniker is the first and only provider of Domain Asset Management™. More than just the standard ICANN Accredited Registrar, Moniker is the most secure and customer service driven domain name registrar in the industry. Moniker is a top 3 domain registrar - holding the industry’s highest customer retention rate and generating the highest average price for aftermarket name sales. We help save you money, protect your possessions, and better manage your domain assets.

Moniker is the only registrar to offer secure Domain Escrow Services for all types of transactions; both public and private. Our services include domain name registration, domain name transfers, domain name appraisals, domain name sales, domain parking services, monetization, after-market sales, URL forwarding, domain traffic monitoring, website promotion and webhosting - ALL backed by supreme customer service and security. Moniker is more than just domain names; we’re a full turnkey Domain Asset Management registrar that puts their customers first. Let Moniker provide you with the superior service YOU deserve.

As I said before I have several domains at Moniker.
Not sure who my rep is but you can be if you wanna.

Jrzeygirl
01-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks Joe! I signed up today and will be having my domain submitted. :okthumb:

Hey MRock

Hit me up with your new Moniker account number so I can modify pricing for you in the system. ;)

Jrzeygirl
01-04-2008, 04:15 PM
As I said before I have several domains at Moniker.
Not sure who my rep is but you can be if you wanna.

Fo shor Gonzo! I just had your Moniker account turned over to me. :woohoo:

EmporerEJ
01-04-2008, 11:12 PM
Fo shor Gonzo! I just had your Moniker account turned over to me. :woohoo:

OOOO! OOOO!

Me Too, Me Too!
:yowsa:

gonzo
01-04-2008, 11:30 PM
OOOO! OOOO!

Me Too, Me Too!
You should see the welcome picture she sent me.

Never figured I wanna bang anyone named Bari!

Hell Puppy
01-04-2008, 11:36 PM

If she's giving away nakeds and discounts I'm sure I have a couple of hundred domains laying around expiring in the next month or two....I always do...hehe.

Jrzeygirl
01-05-2008, 09:52 AM
OOOO! OOOO!

Me Too, Me Too!

Hey there EmporerEJ

Send me your Moniker account # and I'll have a little looksee ;)

Jrzeygirl
01-05-2008, 09:53 AM

HAHAHA! Thanks..I think. See ya in Vegas! :okthumb:

Jrzeygirl
01-05-2008, 09:57 AM
If she's giving away nakeds and discounts I'm sure I have a couple of hundred domains laying around expiring in the next month or two....I always do...hehe.

Oh great Gonzo...Now look what you started. LOL

Hey Hell Puppy - No, I'm not giving away naked pics but I can/will getcha reduced rates here at Moniker. Hit me up to transfer your names over! :okthumb:

Paygeagrl
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I have sent many of my merchants to Bari, and she gives them lots of TLC!:)