PDA

View Full Version : Fat Guys Can Climb

Hell Puppy
12-03-2007, 03:41 AM
As many of you know, the FFN's have been spending a lot of time in the North Georgia mountains hiking this year. One of the goals for the year was to get our fat asses up Blood Mountain.

Blood Mountain is the 5th highest peak in the state (the entire top 6 are within a few fee of each other). It is the highest point on the Appalachian Trail in Georgia. The summit is 4460 feet according to the trusty GPS.

We went up the north side, which is steep and rugged with lots of boulders incorporated into the trail. As a Boy Scout I used to do this hike a couple of times a year. With another 100 pounds to lug up it along with older legs, it is now a bit more challenging. ;)

Here's a 3D topo with our GPS tracks laid on top of it.

http://www.hellpuppy.com/bloodtracks.jpg

GonZo cursed me and made very rude accusations about my family lineage for the last quarter or so of the hike as we approached the summit, but he made it. Here he is standing on the tip top as the USGS benchmark is just beneath his feet:

http://www.hellpuppy.com/fatassonmountain.jpg

He looks a little tired, cant imagine why....

Jace
12-03-2007, 06:05 AM
hahahaha, damn, you guys weren't kiddin! haha

never understood the point of hiking without the camping part of it.....unless you are a nature freak or somethin

i will say it is nice to see some friends being serious about losing the F in FFN though

did you all know that it is not only the USA that is overweight now? they are saying that 50-60% of all civilized nations have weight problems now....guess it just took a little while for the rest of the world to catch up

ScreaM
12-03-2007, 08:34 AM
lol some exercise is good for you. :)

spazlabz
12-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Wow, congrats guys! that is one impressive hike! I see Gonzo, lookin hot and sweaty, now where is hellpuppy LOL

spaz

DragonKing
12-03-2007, 09:17 AM
dont they have ski lifts? Where was the concession stand at top?
fuck that!

TheEnforcer
12-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Ugh.. climbing maks me think of "mount motherfucker" in basic for the USMC.

miz_wright
12-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Good on you guys!

I've been wanting to spend a weekend hiking/ camping, but havne't managed to find a free weekend for it yest this fall - and now it's getting too chilly for me to want to camp.

... ah well. Spring will be here soon!

VittoriaErotica
12-03-2007, 02:35 PM
WORK IT WORK IT WORK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on! lets see some ass!!!!

JenniDahling
12-03-2007, 10:02 PM
:wnw:

I spent my weekend on my couch. LOL

gonzo
12-03-2007, 10:10 PM
:wnw:

I spent my weekend on my couch. LOL
We could have used some cure on the hike.

Hell Puppy
12-03-2007, 11:07 PM
hahahaha, damn, you guys weren't kiddin! haha

never understood the point of hiking without the camping part of it.....unless you are a nature freak or somethin

And I dont understand why anyone would stand on a treadmill or use a stair stepper that goes nowhere when you can do this and be rewarded with a hellacious view.

Also, thanks to this damned drought, you can camp in the national forest, but you cant build a legal campfire. And camping aint much fun without a fire.

Hell Puppy
12-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Wow, congrats guys! that is one impressive hike! I see Gonzo, lookin hot and sweaty, now where is hellpuppy LOL

spaz

Someone had to take the picture.

If GonZo had've done it, the pic would likely never get downloaded off his card, and if he did it would be posted at full size in the middle of the forum and unrotated.

gonzo
12-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Someone had to take the picture.

If GonZo had've done it, the pic would likely never get downloaded off his card, and if he did it would be posted at full size in the middle of the forum and unrotated.

Unloading card now.

sharky
12-04-2007, 12:50 AM
awesome guys!

I wouldn't mind making a hike like that. Here in FL it's much more fun to ride my bike on the trails though!

AprilK-AEBN
12-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Thats great! This past weekend I went to crowders mountain and went rock climbing:okthumb: It was beautiful!

Dec 14-17 going to Fontana Lodge up near Linville, going rock climbing on Table Rock.

gonzo
12-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Thats great! This past weekend I went to crowders mountain and went rock climbing:okthumb: It was beautiful!

Dec 14-17 going to Fontana Lodge up near Linville, going rock climbing on Table Rock.
Fuck Rocks, Fuck Bolders, Fuck Roots and FUCK BLOOD MOUNTIAN!

AprilK-AEBN
12-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Fuck Rocks, Fuck Bolders, Fuck Roots and FUCK BLOOD MOUNTIAN!

Awww Gonzo, was it really that bad???:(

gonzo
12-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Ill take you there and let you see for yourself.
You dont mind I wait in the car.

Hell Puppy
12-05-2007, 12:39 AM

I'm trying to get him to go up Mt. Yonah this weekend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonah_Mountain

He is again questioning my family lineage.

AprilK-AEBN
12-05-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm trying to get him to go up Mt. Yonah this weekend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonah_Mountain

He is again questioning my family lineage.

Looks really nice...I love the mountains :)

AprilK-AEBN
12-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Ill take you there and let you see for yourself.
You dont mind I wait in the car.

I'm used to hiking, so I think I can handle it. But I wouldnt let your ass sit in the car either ;)

gonzo
12-05-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm used to hiking, so I think I can handle it. But I wouldnt let your ass sit in the car either ;)
Ive already done it. You can borrow my flashlight for the required night descent. Make sure not to bring too many goodies though... its mating season for bear. And not the Naked Sword kind.

AprilK-AEBN
12-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Ive already done it. You can borrow my flashlight for the required night descent. Make sure not to bring too many goodies though... its mating season for bear. And not the Naked Sword kind.

I will just make sure that you come with us and instead of the bear getting a snack(me), I will push you in front of the bear and they can get a meal:okthumb:

Sound good???

Hipchick
12-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I am in North Ga. and was in North Carolina this past weekend near the best hiking trails near the App. Trail. I think you guys should start a hiking group. I would join you guys. Who else is game?

gonzo
12-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I am in North Ga. and was in North Carolina this past weekend near the best hiking trails near the App. Trail. I think you guys should start a hiking group. I would join you guys. Who else is game?
We have a Fat Fucking Hiking Group.

Youd need to eat more to join.

Hell Puppy
12-05-2007, 10:37 PM

Were you looking for David on a walkie talkie?

If so, I apologize for what GonZo called you.

gonzo
12-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Were you looking for David on a walkie talkie?

If so, I apologize for what GonZo called you.
HELLO HIKERS!!!

gonzo
12-07-2007, 04:32 AM
I posted my last word on this here...

http://www.gonzoland.com/msgboard/showthread.php?p=89#post89

Hell Puppy
12-07-2007, 07:39 PM
I posted my last word on this here...

http://www.gonzoland.com/msgboard/showthread.php?p=89#post89

So this means we're NOT doing Yonah tomorrow?

gonzo
12-07-2007, 08:25 PM
So this means we're NOT doing Yonah tomorrow?
Out of trail snacks

Forest
12-07-2007, 11:03 PM
holy shit gonzo. If you stood sideways you would almost dissapear

;)

Looking good dude

guess those egg white omelette's are paying off LOL

gonzo
12-08-2007, 12:09 AM

;)

Looking good dude

I dont know about that. I certainly feel better...excpet when making one of those hikes.

Forest
12-08-2007, 09:07 AM
I dont know about that. I certainly feel better...excpet when making one of those hikes.

the better shape u get into the easier it gets

keep it up dude

Hell Puppy
12-09-2007, 06:34 PM

;)

Looking good dude

egg whites are great, especially when accompanied by sausage, bacon, cheese grits, and a couple of big ole buttery cat head biscuits.

Forest
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
egg whites are great, especially when accompanied by sausage, bacon, cheese grits, and a couple of big ole buttery cat head biscuits.

I would still be 240 if i ate like that instead of 190

I do eat what ever I want on the weekend and eat well the rest of the week

still got another 10 to go and its the last 10 that are a bitch

Rcourt64
12-09-2007, 07:35 PM
I would still be 240 if i ate like that instead of 190

I do eat what ever I want on the weekend and eat well the rest of the week

still got another 10 to go and its the last 10 that are a bitch

So you where once physically large? how did u lose the weight? what sort of exercise helped? what did you stop eating the most?

Hell Puppy
12-09-2007, 10:08 PM
So you where once physically large? how did u lose the weight? what sort of exercise helped? what did you stop eating the most?

I can summarize his diet:

If it tastes good, spit it out.

Forest
12-09-2007, 11:57 PM
I can summarize his diet:

If it tastes good, spit it out.

hahahahaha

thats so not true.

Most everything I eat now tastes great. My new thing is Venison and Ostrich meats. Both are very tasty and verrryyy low in fat but high in lean protein

I make a Killer ostrich chili and you wouldnt even know its not beef yet it has like 3g of fat per bowl. The venison I make several different ways but my fav is sauteed medallions with onions and tomatoes and I make a beef gravy

Rcourt64
12-10-2007, 07:28 AM
hahahahaha

thats so not true.

Most everything I eat now tastes great. My new thing is Venison and Ostrich meats. Both are very tasty and verrryyy low in fat but high in lean protein

I make a Killer ostrich chili and you wouldnt even know its not beef yet it has like 3g of fat per bowl. The venison I make several different ways but my fav is sauteed medallions with onions and tomatoes and I make a beef gravy

And it "Taste just like chicken" right?

http://gaygamer.net/images/grab_onto_your_ostrich_its_gon/ostrich_head.jpg

I would of never in a million years considered scarfing down a big bird like this.
And it's low in fat, high in protein huh? Where the heck would you purchase this type of carnivorous consuming bird in Florida?:scratchin the local butcher???

Forest
12-10-2007, 09:53 AM
And it "Taste just like chicken" right?

http://gaygamer.net/images/grab_onto_your_ostrich_its_gon/ostrich_head.jpg

I would of never in a million years considered scarfing down a big bird like this.
And it's low in fat, high in protein huh? Where the heck would you purchase this type of carnivorous consuming bird in Florida?:scratchin the local butcher???

a local market I go to carries all kinds of game meats. ostrich, venison, elk, buffalo,

and no it tastes nothing like chicken. its actually a very strong flavored meat thats why i make chili out of it. then it tastes like beef with a fraction of the fat content.

you can also buy it online and have it shipped to you though its more expensive that way.