PDA

View Full Version : Are we doing a holiday dinner this year?

tony404
11-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Was curious,I think we did one last year.

Hell Puppy
11-26-2007, 02:44 AM
Was curious,I think we did one last year.

Been a couple of threads about it and several people interested.

So I'd say yeah....need to nail down a date and location soon though, things get tighter as holidays get closer.

A couple of ideas that have been on the table:

Blue Willow Inn -- a bit of a haul, but well worth it, great food, and a unique truly southern dining experience a little ways outside the big city.

Wildfire -- We tried it again. Food's good. The interesting thing is they have a "family style" option and are very group friendly. Also very centrally located for everyone.

Another idea we were talking about tonight is go somewhere for hibachi and sushi. That gives seafood for the non-meat eaters. And for the non-seafood eaters there's always steak and/or chicken. They can also easily handle a big group.

iamkathi
11-28-2007, 06:51 PM
I'd like to cast my vote for doing this the week between Christmas and New Years. :waving:

It's purely personal... I'll be out of town from the 20th-25th. The hubby will be in town and our dinners gives him an entire year of stuff to talk about to the "civilians".

Anything is good for us. I'd rather not pay $50 for the Fogo salad bar... but I will if that is what is decided.

Hell Puppy
11-29-2007, 03:04 AM
I'd like to cast my vote for doing this the week between Christmas and New Years. :waving:

It's purely personal... I'll be out of town from the 20th-25th. The hubby will be in town and our dinners gives him an entire year of stuff to talk about to the "civilians".

Anything is good for us. I'd rather not pay $50 for the Fogo salad bar... but I will if that is what is decided.

That week works for me. The other 3 weeks of the month are cooked for me. Business functions all next week, then I have an urge to see tall montains and snow the week after that, and then week leading up thru Xmas will be family stuff.

My vote goes to hibachi... I could skip Fogo this year, that way I wont have to wear my buffet pants. I might even shave for hibachi.

bluemoney
11-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Damn I'm hungry

RawAlex
11-30-2007, 11:18 PM
6x6 flying dutchman! :)

Jace
12-01-2007, 02:09 AM
if you do hibachi I will be there for sure, I am pretty busy lately but I will make time for that

the one on chesire bridge is pretty damn good...or maybe it is n druid hills

tony404
12-02-2007, 06:50 PM
the wildfire place looks cool.The last time I went Japanese it was Benny H. in buckhead,it wasnt good and for what it cost I felt raped. lol

tony404
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM

That time works for me :)

Jace
12-02-2007, 11:10 PM
I'd rather not pay $50 for the Fogo salad bar... but I will if that is what is decided.

yeah, last time I went to fogo I felt a little ripped, and I even eat meat....us smaller guys don't eat that much, so 2 or so servings of meat isn't all that much of a bargain for $50, ahha

Hell Puppy
12-03-2007, 03:23 AM
the wildfire place looks cool.The last time I went Japanese it was Benny H. in buckhead,it wasnt good and for what it cost I felt raped. lol

I doubt we'd do Benihana. I agree, they are overpriced for what they are. Lots of smaller authentic places around. We have 3 or 4 regular haunts on the north side of town, all typically have our "samurai special" (steak, lobster and shrimp) for like $21, and that's the most expensive thing on the menu.

Although we have been known to round it out with several rolls of sushi, but we are professionals, not everyone will want to play at that level. ;)

Jace
12-03-2007, 06:09 AM
I doubt we'd do Benihana. I agree, they are overpriced for what they are. Lots of smaller authentic places around. We have 3 or 4 regular haunts on the north side of town, all typically have our "samurai special" (steak, lobster and shrimp) for like $21, and that's the most expensive thing on the menu.

Although we have been known to round it out with several rolls of sushi, but we are professionals, not everyone will want to play at that level. ;)

yeah, Benihana is NOT traditional Hibachi, they are comparable to what Hot Topic did to the punk scene

my wife and I are Hibachi freaks, and by far the best in Atlanta is Nakato on Cheshire Bridge...we have tried at least 20 so far and it beats them all
http://www.nakatorestaurant.com/index.cfm

tony404
12-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Im open to try new stuff:) Especially since we have hibachi experts here :)

tony404
12-03-2007, 06:48 PM
yeah, last time I went to fogo I felt a little ripped, and I even eat meat....us smaller guys don't eat that much, so 2 or so servings of meat isn't all that much of a bargain for $50, ahha

I can see your point, thats why we go for lunch same meal $29.50 :)

Jace
12-03-2007, 07:55 PM
I can see your point, thats why we go for lunch same meal $29.50 :)

$60 FOR LUNCH?!??!?!?!

jesus christ man...i am speechless

gonzo
12-03-2007, 09:17 PM
yeah, Benihana is NOT traditional Hibachi, they are comparable to what Hot Topic did to the punk scene

my wife and I are Hibachi freaks, and by far the best in Atlanta is Nakato on Cheshire Bridge...we have tried at least 20 so far and it beats them all
http://www.nakatorestaurant.com/index.cfm
Never had hibachi there but it is the best sushi in Atlanta

tony404
12-03-2007, 09:32 PM
$60 FOR LUNCH?!??!?!?!

jesus christ man...i am speechless

oh stop lol.I bet some of the money you have spent on things would leave me speechless.To each his own.:)

Hell Puppy
12-03-2007, 11:12 PM

http://www.nakatorestaurant.com/index.cfm'

Cheshire Bridge eh?

Do we have to dress in drag? ;)

And more importantly, do they mind if we discuss Bukkake all night long?

gonzo
12-03-2007, 11:19 PM
'

Cheshire Bridge eh?

Do we have to dress in drag? ;)

And more importantly, do they mind if we discuss Bukkake all night long?
DOnt know about drag but if the mood grabs you....

I did take 2 bisexual women there as dates on my way from a high school reunion to Velvet Heaven.

I know they ddnt mind dick and cooter grabbing then.

gonzo
12-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Plans are finalized.

You choose.

1. Friday night we feed hibachi style at Nakato.
Ill need to know who is in beyond myself,HP,Kathi and Larry.
Speak now or eat alone.

2. Sat we load up the hemis and take a trip to Blue Willow Inn for the southern seafood buffet. Again ... speak now or eat alone.

Times to be determined once we see how many are in and what works.
My guess is Friday will be a tad later than regualr dinner hour due to traffic and work.

Hell Puppy
12-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Plans are finalized.

You choose.

1. Friday night we feed hibachi style at Nakato.
Ill need to know who is in beyond myself,HP,Kathi and Larry.
Speak now or eat alone.

2. Sat we load up the hemis and take a trip to Blue Willow Inn for the southern seafood buffet. Again ... speak now or eat alone.

Times to be determined once we see how many are in and what works.
My guess is Friday will be a tad later than regualr dinner hour due to traffic and work.

Are we talking this weekend?

gonzo
12-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Are we talking this weekend?
Nope.
The weekend between Xmas and NYE as proposed by Kathi.

iamkathi
12-05-2007, 10:47 PM
It is my understanding the Friday and Saturday in question are 12/28 and 29th.

Feel free to correct me if my Gonzonese dictionary is off

gonzo
12-05-2007, 10:49 PM

I can see I need to work on gonzopedia.com

tony404
12-06-2007, 11:19 AM
we are up for friday at the jap grill

Toby
12-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I can see I need to work on gonzopedia.comBut then what will HP do? ;)

bluemoney
12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
If the Blue Willow is on the agenda for the 29th I’m in. Just let me know what time :okthumb:

Jace
12-07-2007, 01:57 PM
we will be back on the 27th, so we are in

Hell Puppy
12-07-2007, 07:28 PM

I can do the 29th.

I can NOT do the 28th, previos commitment.

I can do any other day that week or up thru new years eve.

Buckwheat
12-09-2007, 11:18 PM
If the Blue Willow is on the agenda for the 29th I’m in. Just let me know what time :okthumb:
do the marta bus go that far?

MikeSouth
12-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Am I invited or is this for geeks only?

LOL

gonzo
12-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Am I invited or is this for geeks only?

LOL
You came last year.
Bring another blonde and some bukakke conversation and your in!

I was going to call you later today about Nakoto. We are working with a potential scheduling issue. Should know later tonight.

gonzo
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
To accomidate everyone we need to move Nakato dinner over to Sunday night. Friday has a conflict.

Sat is still the tasty Blue Willow Inn buffet.

tony404
12-11-2007, 02:08 PM
To accomidate everyone we need to move Nakato dinner over to Sunday night. Friday has a conflict.

Sat is still the tasty Blue Willow Inn buffet.

Sunday could work let me just check when we are celebrating my dads bday.

MikeSouth
12-11-2007, 09:12 PM
damn I will be in OH 12/26-1/02

Hell Puppy
12-12-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm in for both if we're donig sat/sun.