PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Ad Info Page

KevinG
11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
I would appreciate any feedback on my Ad Info Page (http://www.cigar-review.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=503) for Cigar Review.

Cigar Aficionado has a minimum purchase of $5,000 for a month for advertising on their site.

By comparison, my rates go from $500 - $1,750 and I have the same level of traffic as them.

EmporerEJ
11-24-2007, 03:09 PM
I would appreciate any feedback on my Ad Info Page (http://www.cigar-review.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=503) for Cigar Review.

Cigar Aficionado has a minimum purchase of $5,000 for a month for advertising on their site.

By comparison, my rates go from $500 - $1,750 and I have the same level of traffic as them.

Move the visual page ad size thingy to the top of the page, and the description below it. (The sales copy)
When I'm an advertiser, I wanna know what it costs, then I'll check to see why you think I should be paying that much, or what advantages you have over the other guys.

How about a link to a sample page with the banner ads, in addition to a jpg capture of the page?

One confusion point:
It says "Up to 3 advertisers per rotation." Well, does that mean I'm only getting 1/3 of those page views numbers? Or does it mean I can have 3 different ads so it's "fresh" when they come back, or what?
That makes a HUGE difference in the value of the ad.

How about a link to some fancy official looking traffic stats? I'm more apt to be convinced by what looks like a report than anyone that's trying to sell me advertising telling me what the numbers are.

You promote it as being a better value than Cigar aficionado. How about a point by point comparison?

They got this, we got this, they got that, we got that, we cost less kind of thing?

How about links embedded in the reviews to my cigar store when they are listed in the comparison?

KevinG
11-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Move the visual page ad size thingy to the top of the page, and the description below it. (The sales copy)
When I'm an advertiser, I wanna know what it costs, then I'll check to see why you think I should be paying that much, or what advantages you have over the other guys.

How about a link to a sample page with the banner ads, in addition to a jpg capture of the page?

One confusion point:
It says "Up to 3 advertisers per rotation." Well, does that mean I'm only getting 1/3 of those page views numbers? Or does it mean I can have 3 different ads so it's "fresh" when they come back, or what?
That makes a HUGE difference in the value of the ad.

How about a link to some fancy official looking traffic stats? I'm more apt to be convinced by what looks like a report than anyone that's trying to sell me advertising telling me what the numbers are.

You promote it as being a better value than Cigar aficionado. How about a point by point comparison?

They got this, we got this, they got that, we got that, we cost less kind of thing?

All good stuff Eric. Thanks. Noted to work on later.

How about links embedded in the reviews to my cigar store when they are listed in the comparison?

Good idea, but already spoken for with Cigar.com. They sponsor the reviews and have the exclusive with outbound links to buy cigars from the reviews.

Thanks again for the excellent feedback.

EmporerEJ
11-24-2007, 04:23 PM
All good stuff Eric. Thanks. Noted to work on later.

Good idea, but already spoken for with Cigar.com. They sponsor the reviews and have the exclusive with outbound links to buy cigars from the reviews.

Thanks again for the excellent feedback.

Yea, the only other problem I saw with that possibility was it could be misconstrued to think you were endorsing one or the other.