PDA

View Full Version : Tough... no doubt. Stupid??

TheEnforcer
11-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Some may find the accompanying video disturbing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/highschool/news/story?id=3111847&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab8pos1

High school runner breaks leg in meet, crawls to finish anyway
By Wayne Drehs
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: November 15, 2007, 3:32 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
Runner Finished Race Despite Broken LegEDITOR'S NOTE: Please be advised that the video accompanying this story of Claire Markwardt's fall might be unsettling for some viewers.

It has been almost two weeks since Claire Markwardt's horrific fall in the final stretch of the Ohio state high school cross country championship, and yet, the Berkshire High School senior has seen the video only once.

Only once has she logged on to YouTube and watched herself fall to the ground as first her left tibia and then her fibula snap in half. Only once has she watched herself crawl the final 45 feet to the finish line, ensuring that she would complete the final race of her high school career.

And even that one time, she had to stop the video at the point where a race official picks her up and carries her to a doctor.

=================

Click link for full article.

Hammer
11-16-2007, 02:46 PM
I can't watch it because those things make me all woozy, lol, but that's an amazing story and I'm sure the video is inspiring.

LAJ
11-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Wow... very interesting. Tough girl!

I had something similar like that happen to me back when I was in college.

Except I sprained my leg instead of breaking it.

And I wasn't in a cross country race but rather fleeing a construction site that I had no business being in late at night.

KevinG
11-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Wow... very interesting. Tough girl!

I had something similar like that happen to me back when I was in college.

Except I sprained my leg instead of breaking it.

And I wasn't in a cross country race but rather fleeing a construction site that I had no business being in late at night.

LMAO Jay.

TheEnforcer
11-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Hahahah.. good one jay...