PDA

View Full Version : setting up a solo girl site

dvtimes
11-14-2007, 11:10 AM
I have a girl who wants to do a site.

She will do up to toys and some b/g.

She is blond, apox 26.

My question is, to kick start a site, how many sets should I shoot, and how many pics in each set?

softball
11-14-2007, 02:14 PM
I have a girl who wants to do a site.

She will do up to toys and some b/g.

She is blond, apox 26.

My question is, to kick start a site, how many sets should I shoot, and how many pics in each set?

I think you ask this question a lot. How do you feel about old soldier?

TheEnforcer
11-14-2007, 02:33 PM
I remember reading soemwhere, might have been here even, that 30-35 sets is the minimum you should have to start with.

MRock
11-14-2007, 03:32 PM
20 sets to launch ... 50 pix per set ... 10 videos ... 5 minutes each. Do some back ups of each to keep updates going. Build, promote, see if she sells before devoting more time to the project ... my 2 cents.

Hell Puppy
11-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Get as much as you can as fast as you can.

In a perfect world you want SOMETHING updated on the site every day, at least a blog entry or something. And you want to give them a significant content update 2-3 times per week minimum, some mix of stills, videos and cam shows or archives. I would start with no less than 6 months worth, and I'd have a year or two in the can before investing significant money.

50 stills is not a bad set size, 75 is better. But more important make sure they're all good shots. If you snap 5 pics in a row where the only thing she's moved is the ring finger on her left hand, then you pick the best of the 5 and cull the other 4. I.e. that only counts as 1 pic toward your 75.

softball
11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
If you snap 5 pics in a row where the only thing she's moved is the ring finger on her left hand, then you pick the best of the 5 and cull the other 4. I.e. that only counts as 1 pic toward your 75.
Damn, I am going to have to rethink my business plan.

Hell Puppy
11-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Damn, I am going to have to rethink my business plan.

Shhh...that was for the newbs....

Everyone knows if I snap it, I post it, unless she sneezed as it was snapped and you can actually see snot coming out of the nose.

I save that for my bloopers site... ;)