PDA

View Full Version : Blog Inside Member's Area

Greg B
11-02-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm asking, do you guys put a blog inside your member's area?

I figure if you had a blog with rss feeds from your sponsors you not only have an unending amount of daily updated content but all the clicks are upsells. Is there a secure way of doing this?

Jace
11-04-2007, 07:51 AM
you want put a blog inside the members area that posyt updates to, right?

the you wany affiliates to be able to access the rss feed for there promotions, right?

maybe I mis red, you actually want a blog i your mermebrs area thay using rss feeds from other programs, and it would be essentially an "upsell blog"

if it is the last thing I mentioned that isn't as bad idea at all man

I can do all this for your, which every one you are referring too,....I am not taking on new blog these days but I will make an exception for any Oprano relaguer poster

just to give you a rough estimate, I will the do the first option, a blog y0u post to that affiliates can use in their blog promotions also, got $300..that includes: a theme of you choice totally modifed to fit the layout and navigation of the members are....plus a "morphing text" option which will killer for affiliates because every feed they pull will be completely unique

the second option, a blog install fed by rss feeds form other programs I can do that for $100...this includes the morphing text plugin also, theme modifications, plus TONS of seo tweaks an shit

hit me up if you are interested in either, and if Nisread completely what you need email me and let;s figure something out for you

jace at justjace d0t com

Toby
11-04-2007, 07:58 AM
...a blog i your mermebrs area thay using rss feeds from other programs, and it would be essentially an "upsell blog"...Just be careful which sponsor feeds are used. Some do not allow their promo content to be used inside a member area. Otherwise, great idea! :okthumb:

Jace
11-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Just be careful which sponsor feeds are used. Some do not allow their promo content to be used inside a member area. Otherwise, great idea! :okthumb:

I have actually checked with most of the larger programs that have some of the best rss feeds majority of them are fine with...

I have actually been workin on a project for this, vert similsr and along the same lines

andbottom line is, if you send them enough sales most sponsor pograms will overlook tedious shit like that

Greg B
11-04-2007, 04:29 PM
I figured Jace or someone on Oprano would be on top of something like this. On some other boards where I've posted the probability you wouldn't believe the hostile bullshit some guys sling around. Jace, you 'got it' right off the bat. I've had to go through extensive explanations with others who just don't 'get it'.

All I'm talking is using the blog format for upselling but not just a banner or button in a members area, just give the surfer more to lead to the upsell. If you get rss feeds from your sponsors that have attractive content 'in addition to' the content you already add yourself you service the upsell procedure with more for the surfer and it's far less work.

gonzo
11-04-2007, 04:55 PM
I figured Jace or someone on Oprano would be on top of something like this. On some other boards where I've posted the probability you wouldn't believe the hostile bullshit some guys sling around. Jace, you 'got it' right off the bat. I've had to go through extensive explanations with others who just don't 'get it'.

All I'm talking is using the blog format for upselling but not just a banner or button in a members area, just give the surfer more to lead to the upsell. If you get rss feeds from your sponsors that have attractive content 'in addition to' the content you already add yourself you service the upsell procedure with more for the surfer and it's far less work.

This is a sound idea Greg. And Jace is the man to do it.

We experimented with this for gonzo.com and there are more benefits to it than you realize. I was looking at using it as a pseudo CMS.

Greg B
11-04-2007, 04:57 PM
This is a sound idea Greg. And Jace is the man to do it.

We experimented with this for gonzo.com and there are more benefits to it than you realize. I was looking at using it as a pseudo CMS.

If it was going to work I knew you or someone on this board had already done it.

gonzo
11-04-2007, 05:32 PM
If it was going to work I knew you or someone on this board had already done it.
I have no doubt it would work. I just got a better offer hahaa.

However. Since the experiment went so well its interesting you mention it as its part of something Ive been building for the past few weeks.

Jace
11-05-2007, 01:13 AM
hey greg, email me jace at justjace dot com and I will give you my private icq anjd we can chat

Greg B
11-05-2007, 01:29 AM
hey greg, email me jace at justjace dot com and I will give you my private icq anjd we can chat

Sure thing Jace, email sent.

Jace
11-05-2007, 05:42 AM
Sure thing Jace, email sent.

cool, going to sleep right now, but I will respond first thing in the morning

KevinG
11-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I hope I am not one of the guys that doesn't get it, but why have the blog visible to paid members only?

Why not have it viewable to the public?

If you're doing the work of creating this vehicle to promote sponsor sites, wouldn't you want the largest audience possible?

I understand that someone that has already bought a membership is a higher qualified prospect than someone that hasn't, but there is no additional cost for making the blog public.

Why wouldn't you do that?

gonzo
11-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I hope I am not one of the guys that doesn't get it, but why have the blog visible to paid members only?

Why not have it viewable to the public?

If you're doing the work of creating this vehicle to promote sponsor sites, wouldn't you want the largest audience possible?

I understand that someone that has already bought a membership is a higher qualified prospect than someone that hasn't, but there is no additional cost for making the blog public.

Why wouldn't you do that?

I cant speak for Greg but Im actually talking about 2 installs of Word Press. One for a tour and one that actually uses it and plugins as a cheap yet effective CMS.

KevinG
11-05-2007, 12:13 PM
I cant speak for Greg but Im actually talking about 2 installs of Word Press. One for a tour and one that actually uses it and plugins as a cheap yet effective CMS.

That I completely understand.

A couple months back I enjoyed doing a project for a mainstream client that sells investment partnerships. There are several different partnerships that need access to private confidential information.

We used Wordpress and did modifications where registered users are only allowed to see posts in categories they are given access to.

So we have a completely private (Members only access) site using Wordpress. Inside the members area there are several categories, but you can only see the category or categories that you have privileges for.

I also made it so users cannot see the Dashboard.

It was a lot of fun doing the project. Wordpress is one of my favorite CMS's to customize for all kinds of things way beyond the regular blog world.

Greg B
11-05-2007, 05:31 PM
That I completely understand.

A couple months back I enjoyed doing a project for a mainstream client that sells investment partnerships. There are several different partnerships that need access to private confidential information.

We used Wordpress and did modifications where registered users are only allowed to see posts in categories they are given access to.

So we have a completely private (Members only access) site using Wordpress. Inside the members area there are several categories, but you can only see the category or categories that you have privileges for.

I also made it so users cannot see the Dashboard.

It was a lot of fun doing the project. Wordpress is one of my favorite CMS's to customize for all kinds of things way beyond the regular blog world.

As usual KevinG is way ahead of the curve. See? You were doing it before you read about it here. Gonzo was doing it too. It's an alternative to upselling using the blogging format for easy sponsor updating and client interactivity. One can run one's exclusive content but in addition use the blog format for updating and interactivity. See what I mean now?

It's weird but some webmasters took hostile to the idea, however I notice the big time webmasters have either been doing an alternative version of it or are putting it into action. Mayhaps innovative thinking is what made them big time :)