PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Jury Finds JM's Gag Factor 18 Obscene

KevinG
10-29-2007, 09:00 AM
After just five hours of deliberation, a jury composed of eight women and four men announced at 1:00 this afternoon that they had determined that Five Star Video LC and Five Star Video Outlet LC were guilty of obscenity charges for having shipped JM Productions’ Gag Factor 18 to an undercover FBI agent in Falls Church, VA. The jury found the Five Star companies guilty of the interstate transportation of obscene materials and the interstate transportation of obscene material by common carrier. However, the companies were acquitted of the same charges for shipping two similar JM Productions videos, Filthy Things 6 and American Bukakke 13.

http://www.avn.com/index.cfm?objectid=D92AC3C5-EECA-676E-D3DD829C1C5F30C7

I haven't seen any of the videos, so I don't have an opinion on whether I would enjoy the content, however, that doesn't matter.

Obscenity laws are pretty stupid in the sense that you don't know if you are breaking the law until after it's too late.

That's like instead of the Speed Limit sign saying 55 MPH, it just reads, "Take a Guess" and then you get a ticket because you guessed wrong.

It doesn't matter if I personally like the content either. As long as nobody got hurt, and it was done by consenting adults and viewed by consenting adults, where's the problem.

How come so many people still don't get the very simple notion that if you don't like it, then don't watch it dummy?

TheEnforcer
10-29-2007, 10:48 AM
That simple concept as well as the idea of freedom eludes MILLIONS of people in this country. Really quite pathetic isn't it?