PDA

View Full Version : diet tip for FFN's

spazlabz
10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
WATER!
I am so serious here, it may not work for everyone, but I started a diet recently that has me eating 5 meals a day and drinking a gallon of water. here is the thing; I ate the 5 prescribed meals but I cheated like freaking crazy! You know.. eat healthy all day and when your sitting in the recliner at night ya want a snack..... I snacked!

But I swear almost daily i can feel my clothes getting a little looser. It is kind of freaking me out.

My wife is doing it and noticing very positive results too.

Yes...All that water does not stay in the body long heh heh but so far the extra trips to the water closet has been worth it.

spaz

Toby
10-18-2007, 10:16 AM
I've been on Nutrisystems for three weeks. Same kind of thing, three small meals plus snacks mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and in the evening. Plus a minimum of 64 oz. of water per day. As of this morning's weekly weigh-in I've lost a total of 20 lbs. so far, but still a long way go.

spazlabz
10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
I considered NutriSystem myself Toby
for me the decision was based on cost and convenience. I am using StaxSystem and the benefit to me is that the food can be bought at the grocery store so the whole family can eat the same or similar things.. my kids have to have a slightly high caloric intake since my youngest is still growing and my oldest is in good shape.

That way I am able to remove as many temptations as possible and will slow down on the cheating
however, my plan is also that when I have a sweet tooth craving to hit the multi grain mini delights from Quaker.. The freaking chocolate drizzle and cinnamon streusel are incredibly good. And if you wash them down with a fair amount of water they will fill ya.. well me.. up for hours :D

spaz

miz_wright
10-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Man, I wholeheartedly agree with this water tip - I don't diet, but anytime I drink more water, I notice weight comes off really fast.

spazlabz
10-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Man, I wholeheartedly agree with this water tip - I don't diet, but anytime I drink more water, I notice weight comes off really fast.
Can I check your body fat % PUH-LEEZE!!:clapping:

spaz

Forest
10-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I've been on Nutrisystems for three weeks. Same kind of thing, three small meals plus snacks mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and in the evening. Plus a minimum of 64 oz. of water per day. As of this morning's weekly weigh-in I've lost a total of 20 lbs. so far, but still a long way go.

good for you toby. What are u paying for ns?

all you really need to do is eat 5-6 sensible meals every day. NS makes it convient if u dont want to deal with cooking.

Ive lost 50 pounds to date. fucking last 10 are a bitch though =(

TheEnforcer
10-18-2007, 11:21 AM
I've heard the nutrisystem food tastes horrid though.

Toby
10-18-2007, 11:46 AM
good for you toby. What are u paying for ns?

all you really need to do is eat 5-6 sensible meals every day. NS makes it convient if u dont want to deal with cooking.

Ive lost 50 pounds to date. fucking last 10 are a bitch though =(Since I'm on their auto-reorder plan I get a 10% discount plus free shipping. My cost is $319 every four weeks, so $80/week. I also get a fifth week of food in each of my first three shipments. That was the promo they were running when I signed up.

I'd spend at least half that or more at the grocery store to replace those entrees if I weren't using NS and that not counting the cost of eating out or delivery pizza at least once a week, which I just don't do any more. I figure it's costing me $25 to $35 per week.

I'm a notorious nibbler while I cook, and portion control is a major issue. That's what made me decide to go with a plan like NS rather than fix the same kinds of things myself as I've tried to do several times in the past.

I think the food is reasonably tasty, and I have some options for go-withs at each meal. (perishables like fruits & veggies, whole wheat bread, brown rice, dairy, etc.)

So far so good, but I have another 18-24 months to go to reach my goal.

spazlabz
10-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Good luck Toby it definitely sounds like you have a plan that is working for you bro and keep it up. :okthumb:

spaz

Yo Adrian
10-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Lots of water is definitely a must when dieting. and all those extra trips to the wc counts as exercise :okthumb:

miz_wright
10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Can I check your body fat % PUH-LEEZE!!:clapping:

spaz

I dunno, Spaz... Maybe... But I think you should hit me up on ICQ for that, don't you? :P

Toby
10-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Lots of water is definitely a must when dieting. and all those extra trips to the wc counts as exercise :okthumb:the first week or so I nearly wore a path from my desk down the hall to the little webmasters room. I was seriously considering just moving my desk in there. ;)

gonzo
10-18-2007, 03:22 PM
the first week or so I nearly wore a path from my desk down the hall to the little webmasters room. I was seriously considering just moving my desk in there. ;)

Spaz did!

spazlabz
10-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I dunno, Spaz... Maybe... But I think you should hit me up on ICQ for that, don't you? :P
ummm gosh... gee ahhhhhh. I am awfully shy :blush::wub:

spaz

spazlabz
10-18-2007, 03:25 PM
the first week or so I nearly wore a path from my desk down the hall to the little webmasters room. I was seriously considering just moving my desk in there. ;)
:yowsa: "little webmasters room" dude that fucking killed me :okthumb:

spaz

Forest
10-18-2007, 03:47 PM
another tip

drinking water is great for weight loss. But drink the water as cold as u possibly can

Drinking icy cold water will lower your core body temp thus forcing your body to work to raise your body temp thus burning more calories in the process

I keep several 1.5l bottles frozen. I drink the water as it melts and refill them while there is still a block of ice in them keeping the water very cold.

spazlabz
10-18-2007, 03:53 PM
another tip

drinking water is great for weight loss. But drink the water as cold as u possibly can

Drinking icy cold water will lower your core body temp thus forcing your body to work to raise your body temp thus burning more calories in the process

I keep several 1.5l bottles frozen. I drink the water as it melts and refill them while there is still a block of ice in them keeping the water very cold.
Great tip Forest, I read about that one in Fit RX and from what I understand it works well

But I love ice cold water! it tastes better

spaz

miz_wright
10-18-2007, 04:02 PM
ummm gosh... gee ahhhhhh. I am awfully shy :blush::wub:

spaz
:lol:

Or we could just talk about business :P

spazlabz
10-18-2007, 04:06 PM

I have no reply except to blush :blush:
and think about how out of my league you are LOL

spaz

Forest
10-18-2007, 04:07 PM
<<<<<<<<< LOL

fucking Gonzo

;)

if anyone needs any personal tips or tricks or support just hit me up

ill be glad to share my success secrets

just ask gonzo

soon we will all be the FFFN's

gonzo
10-18-2007, 04:35 PM
<<<<<<<<< LOL

fucking Gonzo

;)

if anyone needs any personal tips or tricks or support just hit me up

ill be glad to share my success secrets

just ask gonzo

soon we will all be the FFFN's

Sharky says its chicken and broccoli

Forest
10-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Sharky says its chicken and broccoli

broc is great. But there are so many other things u can still eat and loose weight

chicken lean pork fish turkey even a lean cut of beef once in a while

Why limit yourself to one food. Thats the easist way to fail on a diet

Rcourt64
10-18-2007, 05:27 PM

yup :hmm: still no boob shot

EmporerEJ
10-19-2007, 01:44 AM

Yea....but.....yer a GIRL!

Hell Puppy
10-19-2007, 02:42 AM
:yowsa: "little webmasters room" dude that fucking killed me :okthumb:

spaz

This is why you need TWO bubba kegs.....one for incoming, one for outgoing.

spazlabz
10-19-2007, 08:15 AM
say it right Alfalfa
but...but...YER UH GURRRRRRL!

spanky

spazlabz
10-19-2007, 08:16 AM
This is why you need TWO bubba kegs.....one for incoming, one for outgoing.
LOL Dude, I am just tryin to get one hahaha:yowsa: there are NONE in Kentucky

spaz

Rcourt64
10-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I still wanna see her boobs, even if she ain't got any :huh:

spazlabz
10-19-2007, 11:57 AM
I still wanna see her boobs, even if she ain't got any :huh:
take your boob ogling somewhere else Mr dirtymind. This thread is about ME losing MY MANBOOBS!! :P :)

spaz

miz_wright
10-19-2007, 12:41 PM

Only biologically... :P

It helps to know I am going to spend all day tomorrow at a football game, creaming myself hoarse, doesn't it? *grin*

Toby
10-19-2007, 01:09 PM
... creaming myself hoarse ...A Freudian slip? ;)

miz_wright
10-19-2007, 01:49 PM
A Freudian slip? ;)

Well, if I were to cream that much, I am pretty sure I would have a little bit of friction...

But, yeh. "Screaming" does make more sense in that context, doesn't it? Yay football!

bluemoney
10-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Breakfast : (3) Biscuits covered in country gravy with a side sausage & hash browns, coffee & juice

Lunch: Cuban “samitch” with a side of macaroni salad, sweet ice tea

Supper: Ribeye medium rare with a stuffed baked potato, side salad, New Castle Draft

Desert: Knob Creek straight up & a “killer” cigar carefully chosen and recommended by Kevin G

Water! We don't need no stinking water!

gonzo
10-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Breakfast : (3) Biscuits covered in country gravy with a side sausage & hash browns, coffee & juice

Lunch: Cuban “samitch” with a side of macaroni salad, sweet ice tea

Supper: Ribeye medium rare with a stuffed baked potato, side salad, New Castle Draft

Desert: Knob Creek straight up & a “killer” cigar carefully chosen and recommended by Kevin G

Water! We don't need no stinking water!

Breakfast lunch and dinner

As suggested by Andrew . . .

1 massive shrimp cocktail
1 Iceburge Wedge salad
1 softball sized filet ala andrew encrusted in blue cheese and a side of sauted shrimp and jumbo asparagus
1 B 52 Cheesecake
1 gallon of unsweetened Ice tea.

Desert
1 pair 10th anniversary Red Ray Ban Sunglasses for LA trip

bluemoney
10-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Breakfast lunch and dinner

As suggested by Andrew . . .

1 massive shrimp cocktail
1 Iceburge Wedge salad
1 softball sized filet ala andrew encrusted in blue cheese and a side of sauted shrimp and jumbo asparagus
1 B 52 Cheesecake
1 gallon of unsweetened Ice tea.

Desert
1 pair 10th anniversary Red Ray Ban Sunglasses for LA trip

Ahhhh . . sure . . . .yeah . . . yummy :hmm:

Nymph
10-20-2007, 10:21 AM
hmmm, looks like I'm gonna have to start working on my low cal recipe site again ;)

Rcourt64
10-20-2007, 08:15 PM
hmmm, looks like I'm gonna have to start working on my low cal recipe site again ;)

Low cal exercise included??? Maybe moonlight naked dancing aerobics?
:bojump::speedbana:bjump:

Nymph
10-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Low cal exercise included??? Maybe moonlight naked dancing aerobics?
:bojump::speedbana:bjump:

No dear, this calls for high energy, very physical exercise....but naked dancing in the moonlight can always be included ;)

helix
10-20-2007, 11:54 PM
I just got off of a ten day fast (The master cleanse).
I would recommend it to anybody. It is very easy, it doesn't cost hardly anything, and you feel great while you are on the fast. I also lost 20 lbs,
but you gain half of what you lose when you start eating food again.
If you are a smoker or dipper (like I was) you lose all desire for that bad behavior, which is also a plus.
If you guys are interested I have a pdf file of the book that explains all. Just let me know and I will post the download link.

Rcourt64
10-21-2007, 08:05 AM
I just got off of a ten day fast (The master cleanse).
I would recommend it to anybody. It is very easy, it doesn't cost hardly anything, and you feel great while you are on the fast. I also lost 20 lbs,
but you gain half of what you lose when you start eating food again.
If you are a smoker or dipper (like I was) you lose all desire for that bad behavior, which is also a plus.
If you guys are interested I have a pdf file of the book that explains all. Just let me know and I will post the download link.

I'm interested please Helix :)
Either here or thru ICQ. This sounds similar to diet green tea I used to drink, except green tea would give major tummy pains till one used the bathroom, and when ya went..??? Well its a major clean out... P.U. There was usually a major evacuation of the 50 foot area in my house, But it sure cleaned you out for a few days. But yes I'm interested :okthumb:

helix
10-21-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm interested please Helix :)
Either here or thru ICQ. This sounds similar to diet green tea I used to drink, except green tea would give major tummy pains till one used the bathroom, and when ya went..??? Well its a major clean out... P.U. There was usually a major evacuation of the 50 foot area in my house, But it sure cleaned you out for a few days. But yes I'm interested :okthumb:

http://spiketechnical.com/TheMasterCleanse.zip

Rcourt64
10-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Thank you :)

bluemoney
10-21-2007, 11:59 AM
....but naked dancing in the moonlight can always be included ;)
.mpg please!

Nymph
10-21-2007, 12:25 PM
.mpg please!

dang, but my camera is broken again :rolleyes:

and what's with the mask sweetie? I miss seeing your handsome face :(

bluemoney
10-21-2007, 12:28 PM
I miss seeing your handsome face :(
You must have me mistaken with someone else :idontknow

helix
10-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Thank you :)
anytime :)

Nymph
10-21-2007, 01:12 PM
You must have me mistaken with someone else :idontknow

I don't think so, I'd know those arms any where...and remember the face that belongs to them :p

Hell Puppy
10-21-2007, 04:59 PM
http://spiketechnical.com/TheMasterCleanse.zip

You can accomplish the same thing by eating at Sweet Tomatoes or having a chicken dish at Grand Lux.

bluemoney
10-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I don't think so, I'd know those arms any where...and remember the face that belongs to them :p
I appreciate your kind words :)

helix
10-22-2007, 10:25 PM
I am going to do the master cleanse fast again starting November 1st. (I didn't get all of the tobacco nasties out yet) Anybody want to join me? It's easy, doesn't make you feel shitty when you are on it, and the results are excellent. The whole idea is to empty your gut and give your system a chance to repair itself. Your system will have a chance to heal itself because it's not tied up processing what you have ingested. You will be surprised at how you CAN live without solid food for 10 days.

Hell, my wife did it (she has ZERO willpower). She lost 20 lbs. while she was on it, and gained 10 back after we started eating solid food (which is normal). So....Nymph....no fast for you ;) you skinny Minny.

Nothing special to buy, just lemons, clean water, grade "B" maple syrup, sea salt, and a dash of cayenne pepper. No other supplements required. If you need a copy of the book you can download it here (http://spiketechnical.com/TheMasterCleanse.zip).

Any takers?

gonzo
10-22-2007, 11:08 PM
I am going to do the master cleanse fast again starting November 1st. (I didn't get all of the tobacco nasties out yet) Anybody want to join me? It's easy, doesn't make you feel shitty when you are on it, and the results are excellent. The whole idea is to empty your gut and give your system a chance to repair itself. Your system will have a chance to heal itself because it's not tied up processing what you have ingested. You will be surprised at how you CAN live without solid food for 10 days.

Hell, my wife did it (she has ZERO willpower). She lost 20 lbs. while she was on it, and gained 10 back after we started eating solid food (which is normal). So....Nymph....no fast for you ;) you skinny Minny.

Nothing special to buy, just lemons, clean water, grade "B" maple syrup, sea salt, and a dash of cayenne pepper. No other supplements required. If you need a copy of the book you can download it here (http://spiketechnical.com/TheMasterCleanse.zip).

Any takers?

That doesnt sound tasty at all.

helix
10-22-2007, 11:14 PM
That doesnt sound tasty at all.
tastes like lemonade

Nymph
10-23-2007, 05:34 AM

Any takers?

Well darn :(

I really could use to clean out my system, but you are right, I can't afford to lose the weight.

Rcourt64
10-24-2007, 11:00 PM
"These darn Canadians, They are an intelligent breed ...eyyy"

I'm thinking of trying this...
http://www.drbdiet.com/as/menu/mb:Home

helix
10-25-2007, 12:30 AM
"These darn Canadians, They are an intelligent breed ...eyyy"

I'm thinking of trying this...
http://www.drbdiet.com/as/menu/mb:Home

Looks good to me. Can't hurt to have a doctor monitor your progress :okthumb:

helix
10-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Well darn :(

I really could use to clean out my system, but you are right, I can't afford to lose the weight.
Get big and fat over the winter months then you can join me in the spring :)