PDA

View Full Version : What a drag it is getting old..........

sarettah
10-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Fuck fuck fuck.

2 weeks ago, routine eye exam, Doctor tells me I have a massive cataract, the kind that usually takes 10-15 years to develop. Thing is though, 3 years ago in my last full eye exam there was no sign of it.

So, we don't know what is going on but I have the kind of cataract that usually does not develop before the age of 60 and no, even though I am old I am still a few years short of 60.

On Friday at noon I go under the scalpel for 8-10 minutes (thats what they tell me) for a lens replacement (yeah yeah, they tell me how easy it is, "nothing to it"). I don't know about the rest of you but I have never had surgery so to me it is anything except "nothing to it". Worst part is that I will be awake and watching them do it. "just a little incision in the eye, then we suck out all the bad lens and just insert a new plastic lens, simple as pie". Put me under motherfuckers, I don't want to watch.

My ass.

miz_wright
10-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Fuck fuck fuck.

2 weeks ago, routine eye exam, Doctor tells me I have a massive cataract, the kind that usually takes 10-15 years to develop. Thing is though, 3 years ago in my last full eye exam there was no sign of it.

So, we don't know what is going on but I have the kind of cataract that usually does not develop before the age of 60 and no, even though I am old I am still a few years short of 60.

On Friday at noon I go under the scalpel for 8-10 minutes (thats what they tell me) for a lens replacement (yeah yeah, they tell me how easy it is, "nothing to it"). I don't know about the rest of you but I have never had surgery so to me it is anything except "nothing to it". Worst part is that I will be awake and watching them do it. "just a little incision in the eye, then we suck out all the bad lens and just insert a new plastic lens, simple as pie". Put me under motherfuckers, I don't want to watch.

My ass.

I had eye surgery last year, and I was completely squicked by the idea of watching my eye get surgeried... turns out, you can't see it, even though you're awake. Plus, the happy pills keep you from even thinking about it :D

gonzo
10-08-2007, 12:01 PM
I had eye surgery last year, and I was completely squicked by the idea of watching my eye get surgeried... turns out, you can't see it, even though you're awake. Plus, the happy pills keep you from even thinking about it :D
Pill head!

sarettah
10-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Pill head!

Just what I was thinking. Fucking Junkies :mad:

Myself, I do not use any drugs....

I rely totally on "Herbal" remedies :yowsa:

softball
10-08-2007, 12:25 PM
This is something I know a bit about. I have explored a ton of corrective procedures and have had experimental crap done to my eyes for presbyopia. It is not as scarey as it sounds. When you get the lens exchange done you will probably be very pleased and it is quick and painless.
However, there are a few choices you have to make. The first thing is to not jump the gun. Read some of these links below and there are some pretty informative forums. However, be aware that a lot of the shit on forums is posted by people who are unhappy about their results. Happy people don't seek out forums.
There are only a few choices of lenses and you have to make the decision. But make sure you understand the concept of accomodation before you have the surgery. You probably know all this, but if you don't I hope it helps.
BTW, the surgeon I listed at the bottom is very good. He runs a business but he also still works at one of the best hospitals in Toronto as an eye surgeon and really knows his stuff. It might be worth a short trip to see him if you are having any doubts about your surgeon or your diagnosis.

http://www.crstoday.com/Cybertext/Refractive%20Lens%20Exchange.html
http://www.crstoday.com/PDF%20Articles/1005/CRST10005_supp.pdf
http://www.readclearlyagain.org/results.html
http://www.usaeyes.org/lasik/faq/crystalens.htm
http://www.usaeyes.org/lasik/faq/lasik-cle-iol-rle.htm
http://www.lachmanconsulting.com/EyeQRpt11.pdf

http://www.herzig-eye.com/index.html

miz_wright
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Pill head!

Oh, pfft. :P

I think that may have been my one prescription pill in three years, and I hadn't been made aware of what it was until afterwards - I had been told I was being given antibiotics to prevent infection. Imagine my surprise when I went loopy. :yowsa:

Rcourt64
10-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Don't worry old man. it'll be alright ;)
http://myadg.com/op-2007/eye-messed-up.jpg

Nymph
10-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Fuck fuck fuck.

My ass.

Anything to do with my eyes & I freak, I can't even do eyedrops.

I hope all turns out well for you sweetie.

Rcourt64
10-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Anything to do with my eyes & I freak, I can't even do eyedrops.

I hope all turns out well for you sweetie.

Both of you old farts, Nurse has your meds ready, "oh No wait....:scratchin you probably can't read this cuz it's text is too small huh?

Both of you old farts, Nurse has your meds ready

there? is this better? :whistling

Nymph
10-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Both of you old farts, Nurse has your meds ready, "oh No wait....:scratchin you probably can't read this cuz it's text is too small huh?

Both of you old farts, Nurse has your meds ready

there? is this better? :whistling

and just so you don't miss this....

Bite me big boy! ;)

Rcourt64
10-08-2007, 06:37 PM
and just so you don't miss this....

Bite me big boy! ;)

Don't mess with me lady. Remember, I'm the one sitting on the pool side Pics:boober: here
:whistling

Nymph
10-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Don't mess with me lady. Remember, I'm the one sitting on the pool side Pics:boober: here
:whistling

oh, oh, and you dare threaten me with those when you know there is the possiblitly of lingerie coming?

sarettah
10-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Thank you Liz, Rhetorical (yes, I actually looked through those links), Nymph

RCourt, remember I have your phone number and know where you live so if something goes wrong Friday expect a halloween visit from a chainsaw and blackhawk carrying cyclops.

:blink:

sarettah
10-09-2007, 10:45 AM
oh, oh, and you dare threaten me with those when you know there is the possiblitly of lingerie coming?

Possibillity ??? I doubt that.

Nymph
10-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Possibillity ??? I doubt that.

You won't get any anyways...not after what you did with the gypsy & goat :1paranoid

sarettah
10-09-2007, 08:31 PM
You won't get any anyways...not after what you did with the gypsy & goat :1paranoid

Moi????

I did nothing. RCourt did those photochops. He was afraid to post them and passed them to me to post, seriously.

If you don't believe me I can post the icq logs. I am tired of covering his ass anyway. He actually promised me the bikini pics if I did that for him but he never fucking delivered on them (imagine that).

So, time for credit to be given where credit is due. I don't even have a copy of photoshop or psp, I know almost nothing about graphic manipulation or photography. RCourt is the pro with the photoshop skills.

Trust me.

Nymph
10-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Moi????

I did nothing. RCourt did those photochops. He was afraid to post them and passed them to me to post, seriously.

If you don't believe me I can post the icq logs. I am tired of covering his ass anyway. He actually promised me the bikini pics if I did that for him but he never fucking delivered on them (imagine that).

So, time for credit to be given where credit is due. I don't even have a copy of photoshop or psp, I know almost nothing about graphic manipulation or photography. RCourt is the pro with the photoshop skills.

Trust me.

I did not fall off the turnip truck yesterday dear...next you will be telling me you know nothing about html, scripts, and programing :rolleyes:

sarettah
10-09-2007, 08:50 PM
I did not fall off the turnip truck yesterday dear...next you will be telling me you know nothing about html, scripts, and programing :rolleyes:

I know all about that stuff, sheez. I've been alive over 50 years, I watch all the programming almost every night, get my scripts filled at OSCO and try to Hit The Mother Lode evry Wednesday and Saturday when powerball goes :okthumb:

Buckwheat
10-09-2007, 09:18 PM
hey! i can see my lika sto from here!

Rcourt64
10-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Moi????

Trust me.

http://myadg.com/op-2007/old-fart.gif

miz_wright
10-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Thank you Liz, Rhetorical (yes, I actually looked through those links), Nymph

RCourt, remember I have your phone number and know where you live so if something goes wrong Friday expect a halloween visit from a chainsaw and blackhawk carrying cyclops.

:blink:

Of course! Eyes are naturally kinda squicky, so I can understand your distress, but it was so much less gross than I had anticipated - my imagination was about 200x worse than anything that actually happened.

Rcourt64
10-10-2007, 12:15 PM
- my imagination was about 200x worse than anything that actually happened.

Sounds like our sex life :-popcorn:

JoesHO
10-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Liz makes me horny

EmporerEJ
10-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Liz makes me horny

miz_wright
10-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Liz makes me horny

Joe, doll... Air makes you horny :P

AprilK-AEBN
10-10-2007, 03:03 PM
:scratchin

sarettah
10-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Well, Friday I had the op and so far so good (knock on wood).

I took it easy Saturday and Sunday, didn't put myself in front of the computer screen too much but was out and about driving and taking care of all the weekend shit.

So far, my new eye (for lack of a better term) is seeing the world 20/20. My glasses no longer work for me so for the first time in 40 years I am spectacle free. Was pretty cool to go into Walmart last night and be able to pick from the couple of hundred different pairs of sun glasses to get some shades for riding with (yes, I occasionally enter the Walmart zone. I try to avoid it but not too many other places to grab stuff at 11:00 at night..lol)

I am still getting tired out in front of the screen after a couple of hours but that should be ok after a week or so (or at least that's what they tell me) and the eye is still stabilizing out so I don't know if it will be 20/20 when it is done but for right now the world is a brighter prettier place (at least on my right side) :)

Rcourt64
10-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Well here @ The Big O we want to assure your good and well in sight
So can you tell us how many fingers are displayed???

http://myadg.com/op-2007/finger-test.jpg

hehehe Glad your doing well :okthumb:

softball
10-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Well, Friday I had the op and so far so good (knock on wood).

I took it easy Saturday and Sunday, didn't put myself in front of the computer screen too much but was out and about driving and taking care of all the weekend shit.

So far, my new eye (for lack of a better term) is seeing the world 20/20. My glasses no longer work for me so for the first time in 40 years I am spectacle free. Was pretty cool to go into Walmart last night and be able to pick from the couple of hundred different pairs of sun glasses to get some shades for riding with (yes, I occasionally enter the Walmart zone. I try to avoid it but not too many other places to grab stuff at 11:00 at night..lol)

I am still getting tired out in front of the screen after a couple of hours but that should be ok after a week or so (or at least that's what they tell me) and the eye is still stabilizing out so I don't know if it will be 20/20 when it is done but for right now the world is a brighter prettier place (at least on my right side) :)

Great news. Eyesight to the blind stories are always good news.

Gypsy
10-16-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm glad everything turned out good for you. Take care & don't over do it looking at too many nudies :)