PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Mondays :(

vdc-Loki
10-03-2007, 04:03 AM
Woke up monday morn to find a few of my sites 'hacked' some were removed from the server and others had passwords changed, spent all fucking day moving sites and changing all passwords, (I did check that list from the other day, and I am NOT on it, but what great fucking timing I must say)

The weirdest thing with all of this is the following....

3 of my websites had the email passes changed, I managed to login to Cpanel and change them (to a diff pass) now NORMALLY these 3 emails get at LEAST 100 spams a day to them but SO FAR after over 12 hours I've gotten only ONE email between all three emails.

Any ideas as to why that might be happening? I checked around the cpanel's for those sites and found NO kind of forwards of anything like that, was I just lucky and spared by the spam fairy OR did the hacker somehow have all incoming mail sent somewhere else?

Finally.... I have the IP in my logs for the person who removed sites from my server, I did a trace and it came back with ISP info, is there any way to search that MORE? like pinpoint a geo local?

-Loki-

Nymph
10-03-2007, 05:39 AM
Oh sweetie, I feel for ya, sounds like you had the Monday from hell.

I hope you are able to get everything fixed back safe & secure real soon.

gonzo
10-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Woke up monday morn to find a few of my sites 'hacked' some were removed from the server and others had passwords changed, spent all fucking day moving sites and changing all passwords, (I did check that list from the other day, and I am NOT on it, but what great fucking timing I must say)

The weirdest thing with all of this is the following....

3 of my websites had the email passes changed, I managed to login to Cpanel and change them (to a diff pass) now NORMALLY these 3 emails get at LEAST 100 spams a day to them but SO FAR after over 12 hours I've gotten only ONE email between all three emails.

Any ideas as to why that might be happening? I checked around the cpanel's for those sites and found NO kind of forwards of anything like that, was I just lucky and spared by the spam fairy OR did the hacker somehow have all incoming mail sent somewhere else?

Finally.... I have the IP in my logs for the person who removed sites from my server, I did a trace and it came back with ISP info, is there any way to search that MORE? like pinpoint a geo local?

-Loki-

I bet it was Scott Hall

helix
10-03-2007, 09:23 AM

-Loki-

http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm

shall
10-03-2007, 09:57 AM
....another one for the bad Guys!