PDA

View Full Version : The State Of Michigan CLOSED.....

vdc-Loki
10-01-2007, 01:44 AM
Well it is now official :(

http://www.michigan.gov/

"SHUTDOWN TAKES EFFECT

State legislators failed to reach a comprehensive budget agreement, so the partial shutdown of state government is in effect as of 12:01am, Monday, October 1. All non-critical employees - those who received a notice of temporary layoff on Friday, September 28, are asked not to report for your regularly schedule shifts until further notice.

Please continue to check this website and monitor media outlets for further updates, and please urge your legislators to agree to a comprehensive solution to Michigan's budget crisis that will end this shutdown as soon as possible.

Thank you."

Things you won't be able to do during the shutdown:

Renew your driver's license or tabs at a Secretary of State branch office.

Drive across five drawbridges -- they'll be left in the up position.

Dodge horse puckies on Mackinac Island. Manure pick-up will stop.

Find relief at a highway rest stop. They'll all close.

Know that the gallon of gas you pumped is really a gallon. Inspectors won't be checking pumps.

Know that inspectors are making sure recalled food is removed from grocery stores.

Bet at a horse race track.

Get a discrimination complaint investigated.

Get a wetlands, air quality surface water discharge or dredging permit.

Enjoy the Michigan Historical Museum.

Do some research at the Library of Michigan.

Check out the cannons at Ft. Mackinac on Mackinac Island.

Open a new case to get assistance for unemployment, food stamps or foster care.

Buy a lottery ticket or claim winnings on an old ticket.

Go to a state park.

Get your dead deer checked at a state check station.

File a complaint at a Michigan State Police post.

Say good-bye to barrels on the state's highways. Road projects stop, the barrels stay.

AND FINALLY........

35,000 State employee's (me included) are now laid off until further notice

90% Of the Michigan State Police will NOT be returning to work Monday.

Let The Good Times Roll :(

-Loki-

softball
10-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Well it is now official :(

http://www.michigan.gov/

Things you won't be able to do during the shutdown:

Renew your driver's license or tabs at a Secretary of State branch office.

Drive across five drawbridges -- they'll be left in the up position.

Dodge horse puckies on Mackinac Island. Manure pick-up will stop.

Find relief at a highway rest stop. They'll all close.

Know that the gallon of gas you pumped is really a gallon. Inspectors won't be checking pumps.

Know that inspectors are making sure recalled food is removed from grocery stores.

Bet at a horse race track.

Get a discrimination complaint investigated.

Get a wetlands, air quality surface water discharge or dredging permit.

Enjoy the Michigan Historical Museum.

Do some research at the Library of Michigan.

Check out the cannons at Ft. Mackinac on Mackinac Island.

Open a new case to get assistance for unemployment, food stamps or foster care.

Buy a lottery ticket or claim winnings on an old ticket.

Go to a state park.

Get your dead deer checked at a state check station.

File a complaint at a Michigan State Police post.

Say good-bye to barrels on the state's highways. Road projects stop, the barrels stay.

AND FINALLY........

35,000 State employee's (me included) are now laid off until further notice

90% Of the Michigan State Police will NOT be returning to work Monday.

Let The Good Times Roll :(

-Loki- Roulez toutes la nuits

vdc-Loki
10-01-2007, 01:54 AM
More from the official website:

http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,1607,7-192--176865--,00.html

17. Will my local Michigan State Police post be open?

All Michigan State Police work sites will be closed to the public and will not provide administrative services during the shutdown. To request police service in an emergency, please dial 911.

18. Will the state crime laboratories continue to receive and process evidence?

All Michigan State Police forensic laboratories will be closed during the shutdown.

19. What if I need to complete a background check for employment or licensing purposes?
Fingerprint-based background checks for employment or licensing purposes will not be available during the shutdown.

20. What if I need a criminal history record (CHR)?
Name-based background checks can be performed on the Michigan State Police Web site using the Internet Criminal History Access Tool (ICHAT). However, criminal history information will not be updated after September 30, 2007.

21. How do I get a copy of a traffic crash report?
Citizens can obtain traffic crash reports on the Michigan State Police Web site using the Traffic Crash Purchasing System (TCPS). However, reports will not be entered after September 30, 2007.

22. Will I be able to access the Public Sex Offender Registry?
The Michigan Public Sex Offender Registry will be available on the Michigan State Police Web site. However, updates will not be made after September 30, 2007.

23. I am a sex offender who is required to verify my address between October 1 and October 15. How do I do that?

Michigan State Police posts will be closed to the public. However local law enforcement agencies can process Sex Offender Registry verifications.

Glad as hell I live in a tiny ass town upnorth right now!

-Loki-

vdc-Loki
10-01-2007, 02:03 AM
Roulez toutes la nuits

(If Translated right lol) That was my VERY First thought, of what would pretty much happen if this were to come to pass, I was even a tad bit temped myself.

This shit thing is...

If you were ALREADY down on you luck and on ANY kind of State asst. then your SAFE.

BUT, if your one of the 35,000 ppl laid off, with no checks coming in, or one of the 90% of the state police in the same boat, NO HELP FOR YOU!

NO NEW CASES during the shutdown.

If this last more then a few days Larger cities in Michigan will see Wild Nights and days for sure!

-Loki-

Jace
10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
that didn't last long

AGREEMENT IS REACHED

State legislators have reached a comprehensive budget agreement to end a government shutdown. State government will be open for business on Monday, October 1 and all state employees should report for your next scheduled shift.

The budget agreement includes reforms and new revenues that will fund the vital work of state government and help Michigan avoid the types of structural budget issues that have contributed to recent financial problems.

The notice of temporary layoff you received on Friday, September 28, 2007 is no longer in effect. Again, all state employees are expected to report for work at the beginning of your regularly scheduled shift on Monday, October 1, 2007.

More information on the details of the agreement will be provided via your department director and supervisors.

Thank you for your patience and commitment throughout this difficult process.

vdc-Loki
10-01-2007, 02:16 PM
that didn't last long

Yes and no, although it only lasted 4.5 hours, were NOT out of the woods just yet.

ALL That was done was give us a 30 day extension of last years budget. the house & senate have NOT yet agreed on this years fiscal budget.

ALSO, Our state income tax was raised (slightly, as the actual budget that keeps being denied wants our income tax raised to 7.0% were currently at like 3.5% or something.)

so if the House and Senate do not accept Our Govs. HUGE Tax Hike in the next 30 days the shutdown will happen again.

PS, even though the shutdown was curtailed not ALL State workers got to comeback to work, I'm still on 'layoff' until further notice (their saying it will be just 2 months or so before my department is reopened)

-Loki-

sarettah
10-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Yes and no, although it only lasted 4.5 hours, were NOT out of the woods just yet.

ALL That was done was give us a 30 day extension of last years budget. the house & senate have NOT yet agreed on this years fiscal budget.

ALSO, Our state income tax was raised (slightly, as the actual budget that keeps being denied wants our income tax raised to 7.0% were currently at like 3.5% or something.)

so if the House and Senate do not accept Our Govs. HUGE Tax Hike in the next 30 days the shutdown will happen again.

PS, even though the shutdown was curtailed not ALL State workers got to comeback to work, I'm still on 'layoff' until further notice (their saying it will be just 2 months or so before my department is reopened)

-Loki-

You should probably move from Michigan to somewhere in the U.S. :okthumb:

Just a thought :yowsa:

vdc-Loki
10-01-2007, 04:20 PM

Would LOVE to, however I refuse to leave my daughter behind, and I can't get full custody of her at the moment. and the LAST thing I want to do is move my Ex-Wife where I move to lol

-Loki-

EmporerEJ
10-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Don't Move to PA. They pull that same shit here.