PDA

View Full Version : Black Widow humbles FFN's

softball
09-02-2007, 12:40 PM
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- When it comes to wolfing wings, Sonya Thomas is a wiz. The 105-pound competitive eater who goes by "The Black Widow" bested a dozen beefy rivals Saturday night, scarfing 173 wings in 12 minutes to win the wing-eating contest at the National Buffalo Wing Festival.
"That's 5.17 pounds of wings," said Brian Kahle, spokesman for the annual Labour Day weekend event in the city where Buffalo wings were born.
Thomas, 40, of Alexandria, Va., also held the festival's previous record of 161 wings in 12 minutes, set in 2004.
"She's the crowd favourite," Kahle said. "It was 12 huge guys and her."
Thomas has set numerous records in competitive eating events, including 37 hot dogs in 12 minutes; 35 bratwursts in 10 minutes; 11 pounds of cheesecake in 9 minutes; 44 lobsters in 12 minutes; and 250 Tater Tots in five minutes.
She is ranked No. 5 by the International Federation of Competitive Eating. According to the federation's website, No. 1-ranked Joey Chestnut holds the 12-minute record for chicken wings, downing 7.5 pounds of them May 21.

:wnw::wnw::wnw::wnw:

TheEnforcer
09-02-2007, 01:04 PM
She must have a metabolism that is amazing!!

helix
09-02-2007, 01:47 PM
I have seen some of those eating contests on television and always wondered if after the contest is finished if they are allowed to purge.

Hell Puppy
09-02-2007, 03:40 PM
The speed contests are always won by little skinny fucks, and I'm sure they are miserable for days afterwards.

Let 'em spend 4+ hours with us at Berns, then come talk to me.

gonzo
09-02-2007, 05:17 PM
The speed contests are always won by little skinny fucks, and I'm sure they are miserable for days afterwards.

Let 'em spend 4+ hours with us at Berns, then come talk to me.

We will wait on them in the desert room.

iamkathi
09-02-2007, 08:32 PM
She couldn't handle the coffee from the dessert room of Bern's:waving:

Rcourt64
09-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Hmm? You guys must of really liked Bern's?
They're definitely in the top 5 of favorites. :okthumb:

Hell Puppy
09-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Hmm? You guys must of really liked Bern's?
They're definitely in the top 5 of favorites. :okthumb:

It has always been one of my alltime favorite restaurants.

tony404
09-02-2007, 11:29 PM
I watched a show, actually skinny people can eat much more food than a fat person. The fat acts like a belt so the stomach cant expand to its full potential. They went to a restaurant with that Japanese kid who eats all the hot dogs. He ate a 6 course dinner for ten people by himself. They measured his waist before it was 28 after it was 36.

soul2soul
09-03-2007, 04:54 AM
I watched a show, actually skinny people can eat much more food than a fat person. The fat acts like a belt so the stomach cant expand to its full potential. They went to a restaurant with that Japanese kid who eats all the hot dogs. He ate a 6 course dinner for ten people by himself. They measured his waist before it was 28 after it was 36.

I remembered watching that show.. at first it was fun but later I hated it

Kevin

softball
09-03-2007, 11:08 AM

Kevin
Kind of like Italian food. Ya have it for dinner and eight days later your hungry again.

Rcourt64
09-03-2007, 11:30 AM

Kevin

Hi, I don't recall introducing myself, I'm Rcourt :waving:
So who are you again please??? :g01:

Hell Puppy
09-03-2007, 01:56 PM

I'm wondering abot the size of the load in the toilet bowl about 18 hours later. It has to be impressive.