PDA

View Full Version : Help w/TGP's and MGP's

trishauptown
08-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there is a software program that yall could point me to. That would be blonde friendly in helping me learn how to do my own galleries.

Thanks
trish

Toby
08-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Are you looking to for software to build the galleries, or for software to submit galleries?

Forest
08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
learning how to do your own galleries is great and all but if the quality of the design doesnt meet with the people who are doing the reviews of the galls tatse they wont get listed

just my 2 cents

Hammer
08-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Trisha, if these galleries are for your affiliates, the only ones that will be able to use them will be the TGP owners or affiliates with hubs and blogs and if that's what they're for, they will want some pretty slick looking galleries and you'd probably be best off paying a good gallery designer to do a bunch of templates for you.

On the other hand, if these are galleries you plan to submit yourself, in reality, many times the ugliest gallery designs convert the best, as long as the content is good. In that case, you could get by with some basic looking templates that I'm sure you could teach yourself to build.

There are programs that auto build galleries, but most of the ones I'm familiar with produce galleries that, as Forest pointed out, will probably not be accepted at the better TGPs.

My suggestion would be to find a gallery template designer that will build templates for you for $15 to $25 each and have them build you 30 or so unique templates. Then you can simply swap out the photos and change a bit of text each time and submit away.

TheEnforcer
08-14-2007, 05:12 PM
I LOVE ugly gallery designs baby!! :okthumb:

Back when I actually had sites I used one banner, usually odd sized, some REALLY detailed and graphic text (usually short stories LOL) and then two links to filter pages. I may have not gotten the mass clicks to the sponsor but when those fuckers clicked they converted at great rates and then I'd always get signups from the filter pages...

I tried doing fancy galleries and such.. just didn't fit my style..
I love long descriptive text.

Hell Puppy
08-14-2007, 09:14 PM

Back when I actually had sites I used one banner, usually odd sized, some REALLY detailed and graphic text (usually short stories LOL) and then two links to filter pages. I may have not gotten the mass clicks to the sponsor but when those fuckers clicked they converted at great rates and then I'd always get signups from the filter pages...

Although I agree with this, reality is that very few TGP's will take ugly galleries. They still have their uses, but dont expect to get on any of the major TGPs.

Hell Puppy
08-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there is a software program that yall could point me to. That would be blonde friendly in helping me learn how to do my own galleries.

Thanks
trish

I assume you just mean building your own galleries to supply affiliates and submit to TGPs?

If so, here's my advice...

First off, you're going to want to stay with galleries that looks "slick and professional" to avoid people bitching about declined submissions. There are lots of designers out there who will do gallery designs pretty cheap, especially if you'll buy 'em 10 or more at a time. Hire one, BUT let them know you're looking for designs that can be used as templates that you can update yourself and change out the text, background colors, table colors, etc fairly easily. You may have to pay a few bucks more for this.

This will get you one round of updates immediately.

Now, take those galleries and play with them yourself with an HTML editor, see how much you can do to change the look. Again, think about changing colors all over the place, change the text, etc. You can usually get 3-4 galleries out of each template with minimal changes.

Sounds like you haven't done any web design yourself to speak of. You'll need an HTML editor until if/when you learn to code it by hand. Dreamweaver and the like are likely to be overkill and intimidating if you haven't done anything like this before.

If you're on a PC, i'd try one of the two below, I think both have trials. Both are cheap and pretty easy to use:

http://www.webstudio.com/site/trial/VideoTour/VTindex.asp

http://www.coffeecup.com/html-editor/

If you're on a Mac, you likely have design software built in that you just haven't discovered yet.

Forest
08-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Although I agree with this, reality is that very few TGP's will take ugly galleries. They still have their uses, but dont expect to get on any of the major TGPs.

he's correct

ive been doing galss both building and submitting for over 3 years and its thr galls the mods like that get listed

Hammer
08-14-2007, 10:08 PM
First off, you're going to want to stay with galleries that looks "slick and professional" to avoid people bitching about declined submissions.
I don't agree. I know of very few good TGPs that will accept sponsor galleries from submitters. The galleries need to look reasonably good but they sure don't need to be 'slick'. Slick galleries only impress affiliates that think they work best, but in reality, slick over designed galleries hardly ever perform as well as a decent gallery with good content and a good sales pitch.

Hell Puppy
08-15-2007, 03:45 AM
I don't agree. I know of very few good TGPs that will accept sponsor galleries from submitters. The galleries need to look reasonably good but they sure don't need to be 'slick'. Slick galleries only impress affiliates that think they work best, but in reality, slick over designed galleries hardly ever perform as well as a decent gallery with good content and a good sales pitch.

Slick's probably the wrong word....maybe "clean" is better. I agree, I dont like the ones that are graphics intensive and carry graphics loads as heavy as the thumbnails themselves.

TheEnforcer
08-15-2007, 02:48 PM

Exactly.. one of the reasons I don't bother with content anymore.

trishauptown
08-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Are you looking to for software to build the galleries, or for software to submit galleries?

Well, I am looking for both.......I am going to need galleries for my program to some to submit. I was hoping to be able to do it myself.

trishauptown
08-16-2007, 11:21 AM
Trisha, if these galleries are for your affiliates, the only ones that will be able to use them will be the TGP owners or affiliates with hubs and blogs and if that's what they're for, they will want some pretty slick looking galleries and you'd probably be best off paying a good gallery designer to do a bunch of templates for you.

On the other hand, if these are galleries you plan to submit yourself, in reality, many times the ugliest gallery designs convert the best, as long as the content is good. In that case, you could get by with some basic looking templates that I'm sure you could teach yourself to build.

There are programs that auto build galleries, but most of the ones I'm familiar with produce galleries that, as Forest pointed out, will probably not be accepted at the better TGPs.

My suggestion would be to find a gallery template designer that will build templates for you for $15 to $25 each and have them build you 30 or so unique templates. Then you can simply swap out the photos and change a bit of text each time and submit away.

So i could probably do some myself for submissions and then just hire someone ie like your company..? to make me slick/clean one for my affiliates.

trishauptown
08-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Yeah, I think I would like fancy ones and plain ones......kinda like my theory on stripclubs......guys will say "what is she doing here" about a girl who is not quite top shelf. But I always think someone will like her......I have been passed up for the heavy girl before.

trishauptown
08-16-2007, 11:25 AM

Learning alot here guys!!!! thanks!!!!

softball
08-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I think I would like fancy ones and plain ones......kinda like my theory on stripclubs......guys will say "what is she doing here" about a girl who is not quite top shelf. But I always think someone will like her......I have been passed up for the heavy girl before.

what a shock.

trishauptown
08-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Slick's probably the wrong word....maybe "clean" is better. I agree, I dont like the ones that are graphics intensive and carry graphics loads as heavy as the thumbnails themselves.

Very good point!!

softball
08-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I have said it before. We are in the sex business not the pretty business. A sleazy old "girls girls girls" peeler bar can be more appealing than a "gentlemen's club". The GC just looks like a money pit. I think websites and galleries work on the same principal. Slick is not always the most profitable.

gonzo
08-16-2007, 11:34 AM

Ya Gotta Eat More To Score

TheEnforcer
08-16-2007, 11:34 AM

There is a market for all types of women, even if it is a smaller market. Just gotta market it properly.

gonzo
08-16-2007, 11:36 AM
There is a market for all types of women, even if it is a smaller market. Just gotta market it properly.
Just look at Southern Charms...

Theres a market for every genre. The problem is that some just dont have that many people willing to pay money to see it.

Hell Puppy
08-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Just look at Southern Charms...

Theres a market for every genre. The problem is that some just dont have that many people willing to pay money to see it.

We'd call those "comfort models". Trish would be a "sport model" for sure.

softball
08-16-2007, 10:50 PM
A regular four wheel drive.

trishauptown
08-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks everyone........Helps me get the ball rolling on this!!!

trishauptown
08-19-2007, 04:46 PM

I like that term.....

Rcourt64
08-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks everyone........Helps me get the ball rolling on this!!!
You can't do that :(

trishauptown
09-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Ya Gotta Eat More To Score

Hey I was LAJ approved!!!

trishauptown
09-05-2007, 11:42 AM
what a shock.

What?.......somebody rocked you with the shocker?.........