PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do any ebay selling?

Forest
08-12-2007, 10:44 PM
I just bought 9 barbie dolls from a neighbor that are old (prob 80's)

They are brand new and still in the orig boxes and have never been taken out

any ideas where to get an idea of value so I can sell them on ebay

Rcourt64
08-12-2007, 11:02 PM
http://www.barbiecollector.com/collecting/collecting101/value.aspx

cj
08-14-2007, 01:19 AM
I experiment with heaps of different stuff from some old expensive antiques to cheap crap.

Some days you'll get a crap price for something and a week later get 10 times that for a similar item ... I'm really wary of selling my collectable stuff on there unless its extremely rare as I've sold a few things I didn't want to part with for 99 cents ;(

softball
08-14-2007, 01:22 AM
I use Craiglist. I just sold a couch for 975 bucks last week. I bought it for 1500 six years ago. Can't complain. I gotta whole lotta shit to sell after a huge reno, so I think I will be on craigslist. Anyone interested in vintage stereo? lol

Toby
08-14-2007, 01:39 AM
...I'm really wary of selling my collectable stuff on there unless its extremely rare...I would agree. eBay has become a wholesale market for most collectibles. I know a number of antique dealers that buy on eBay to sell in their shop.

gonzo
08-14-2007, 01:41 AM
I use Craiglist. I just sold a couch for 975 bucks last week. I bought it for 1500 six years ago. Can't complain. I gotta whole lotta shit to sell after a huge reno, so I think I will be on craigslist. Anyone interested in vintage stereo? lol
Tube?

Jace
08-14-2007, 01:44 AM
I sell everything on ebay

in the process of selling a bunch of technics turntables

softball
08-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Tube?
Nah, just an old Macintosh pre amp, can't remember the number, but the first solid state and it is hot. A classe home theatre sound pre amp. I am thinking about getting off of a dynaco 400 but it drives my JBLs beautifully. Better than my anthem, so that is a quandry, A couple of wharfdale 2 ways, and some rogers ls35a's with a sub woofer cabinet

gonzo
08-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Nah, just an old Macintosh pre amp, can't remember the number, but the first solid state and it is hot. A classe home theatre sound pre amp. I am thinking about getting off of a dynaco 400 but it drives my JBLs beautifully. Better than my anthem, so that is a quandry, A couple of wharfdale 2 ways, and some rogers ls35a's with a sub woofer cabinet
I have a no name preamp. BUt it does pretty well.
No high end speakers though. Old pair of cerwin vega D-9's Im refurbushing.

softball
08-14-2007, 01:58 AM
I have a no name preamp. BUt it does pretty well.
No high end speakers though. Old pair of cerwin vega D-9's Im refurbushing.
its easy to tell how good old amps are. If they are really fucking heavy, they are good. Go into any pawnshop and pick up an old Marantz, Sansui, Lux or Techincs, and if you can barely lift it, offer the dude 25 bucks and you got a fab amp.

cj
08-14-2007, 02:23 AM
I would agree. eBay has become a wholesale market for most collectibles. I know a number of antique dealers that buy on eBay to sell in their shop.

yeah wholesale is the best word to summarize that place these days!!

I have 1 great story though that shows me its about more than money when selling antiques ... I sold a bunnykins bowl, royal doulton, from 1950 to a lady in usa for $45 + 30 postage ... it had a few bids and finished on that. She told me after she'd paid and I'd sent it to her that her father was an artist for them during that period and he had passed away the previous year when her son was born so she was buying up all the pieces she could find done by her father to give to her son one day.

Aaaaaaaaw!!!

Jace
08-14-2007, 02:26 AM
I would agree. eBay has become a wholesale market for most collectibles. I know a number of antique dealers that buy on eBay to sell in their shop.

I buy all my pez there, great deals too

but the best part is the amount of choices, i never have to get past the first page of a search to find something I want

ScreaM
08-14-2007, 05:21 AM
I used to sell computer hardware. Can't tell you anything about Barbies but I'm sure you could get something above the cost price.

Toby
08-14-2007, 05:41 AM
I used to sell computer hardware. Can't tell you anything about Barbies but I'm sure you could get something above the cost price.I know you're just making idle chat so you could post your sig, but I just could not let this one pass.

Computer hardware and collectible Barbie's are two totally unrelated markets that operate in completely different ways. Since Forest has not said what he paid his neighbor for them, and you have no more of an idea what the current eBay values are than I do, how are you so sure he can sell them on Ebay for above his cost?

T'is fork in the road time ScreaM, are you going to take the left fork and actually start participating on the boards, or continue down the right fork and get labelled a sig-whore. You're already well along that path on a number of boards.

Forest
08-14-2007, 09:07 AM
I. Since Forest has not said what he paid his neighbor for them,.

I paid 3.00 each for them

LOL

and like i said they are brand new and never even been taken out of the box

so even if i sell them 10-15 each ill be happy

ScreaM
08-14-2007, 10:49 AM
I know you're just making idle chat so you could post your sig, but I just could not let this one pass.
Well toys can fetch you a nice amount of money and I know this because someone offered to buy my hot wheels cars for a good amount and they're not in good condition either. See, it depends on who you sell it to.

Btw, have you seen the movie The 40 Year Old Virgin? If yes then you'll know how much these things can be worth.

Computer hardware and collectible Barbie's are two totally unrelated markets that operate in completely different ways. Since Forest has not said what he paid his neighbor for them, and you have no more of an idea what the current eBay values are than I do, how are you so sure he can sell them on Ebay for above his cost?
See above.

T'is fork in the road time ScreaM, are you going to take the left fork and actually start participating on the boards, or continue down the right fork and get labelled a sig-whore. You're already well along that path on a number of boards.
Number of boards? Care to name them please?

I know you're talking about GG&J. I got a PM from Greenie and I understood.

Toby
08-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Number of boards? Care to name them please?Here, GG&J and Medium Pimpin. I don't frequent any other boards where you post.

In most cases I just ignore the "sig placement" posts, but I spoke up here because I think you actually could contribute on a regular basis where most doing the same aren't worth the bother.

Toby
08-14-2007, 11:41 AM
I paid 3.00 each for them.You didn't buy them, you stole them. ;)

Does your neighbor have any old glass they want to "sell"?

ScreaM
08-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Here, GG&J and Medium Pimpin. I don't frequent any other boards where you post.
Thanks.

In most cases I just ignore the "sig placement" posts, but I spoke up here because I think you actually could contribute on a regular basis where most doing the same aren't worth the bother.
I know. I didn't mean to flood this board with my posts.

Forest
08-14-2007, 12:05 PM
You didn't buy them, you stole them. ;)

Does your neighbor have any old glass they want to "sell"?

I think he is smoking somehting via "old glass"

LOL

he had a TON of old avon products in there

in all those clollectable containers

just a ton of shit i didnt even have time to go thru it all