PDA

View Full Version : I think we need one of these

Jace
08-06-2007, 10:02 AM
3ff_AXVlo9U

This is a solid-state Tesla coil. The primary runs at its resonant frequency in the 41 KHz range, and is modulated from the control unit in order to generate the tones you hear.

So just to explain a little further, yes, it is the actual high voltage sparks that are making the noise. Every cycle of the music is a burst of sparks at 41 KHz, triggered by digital circuitry at the end of a "long" piece of fiber optics.

What's not immediately obvious in this video is how loud this is. Many people were covering their ears, dogs were barking. In the sections where the crowd is cheering and the coils is starting and stopping, you can hear the the crowd is drowned out by the coil when it's firing.

This Tesla coil was built and is owned by Steve Ward. Steve is a EE student at U of I Urbana-Champaign. He and Jeff have been going to Teslathons, which is where they met.

It's been suggested that a good name for this coil would be the "Zeusaphone". "Thoremin" has also been mentioned, though personally I think we need Theramin type inputs for that.

To answer a few questions I've received, YES, someone did yell "Play Freebird!" after the first round of music.

Rcourt64
08-06-2007, 11:59 AM
:blink: :blink: :blink: That was just way to cool bro :okthumb:

gonzo
08-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Was this what you were doing all weekend?

Hell Puppy
08-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Was this what you were doing all weekend?

if you get close to it, it'll make your dick hair stand up straight.

softball
08-06-2007, 10:56 PM
if you get close to it, it'll make your dick hair stand up straight.

Who has dick hair any more? This is 2007.

Rcourt64
08-06-2007, 10:58 PM

:lmao1:

sarettah
08-06-2007, 11:19 PM

Um.. Most of us heterosexuals still do :blink:

softball
08-06-2007, 11:26 PM
You don't get around much anymore. LMFAO. Dood you gotta get out in the real world. James Brown is dead. Country Joe and the Fish are history. Jerry Garcia was a heroin addict. It is a new century. Just because you can programme software or whatever it is you do in your basement, does not make you part of it. You are what is known as a creative ananchronism. Deal with it, dude.

Jace
08-06-2007, 11:40 PM

actually, times have changed...most guys feel that if your girl spends all that time to make "down there" nice and pretty for you, then you should spend time and make your "down there" pretty for her

I know I spend some time every couple of days grooming and my wife really appreciates it, plus there is no feeling like getting a blowjob on a freshly shaven "area" haha

sarettah
08-06-2007, 11:46 PM
lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolololololololololol

You all take me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too serious.

Once again, what was a simple burn, is turned into a discussion point...

I imagine if I used an old one like "I'll knock you so low you can swim in your spit" that I would get a lecture on the bacterial content in human spit that would kill you and therefore render you unable to swim.

Jace
08-06-2007, 11:50 PM

You all take me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too serious.

Once again, what was a simple burn, is turned into a discussion point...

I imagine if I used an old one like "I'll knock you so low you can swim in your spit" that I would get a lecture on the bacterial content in human spit that would kill you and therefore render you unable to swim.

but but but but

I would venture to guess if we drop pants right here right now there would be a forest between your legs ;) hahaha

damn, did I just say that?

Annie
08-07-2007, 12:02 AM
That is pretty sweet!!

sarettah
08-07-2007, 12:48 AM
but but but but

I would venture to guess if we drop pants right here right now there would be a forest between your legs ;) hahaha

damn, did I just say that?

lolololol... Yes, you said that and I will ignore it with the disclaimer that (other than in the one fanpic for helix) I keeps my private parts private..

Thankyouverymuch

:okthumb:

Hell Puppy
08-07-2007, 03:20 AM
actually, times have changed...most guys feel that if your girl spends all that time to make "down there" nice and pretty for you, then you should spend time and make your "down there" pretty for her

I know I spend some time every couple of days grooming and my wife really appreciates it, plus there is no feeling like getting a blowjob on a freshly shaven "area" haha

Also makes your dick look bigger.

Jace
08-07-2007, 03:29 AM
Also makes your dick look bigger.

never really had to worry about that

or as ed powers once said "damn, nice cock jace"

:yowsa::yowsa::yowsa::yowsa::yowsa::yowsa:

gonzo
08-07-2007, 03:46 AM
never really had to worry about that

or as ed powers once said "damn, nice cock jace"

:yowsa::yowsa::yowsa::yowsa::yowsa::yowsa:
That sounds kinda gay.

Jace
08-07-2007, 03:51 AM
That sounds kinda gay.

well, if you ever meet ed powers you will understand :clapping0:clapping0:clapping0

VMProd
08-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Hahahaaa, Love how this went from Tesla's organ to pubics. Now who's gonna suggest we all take pics of our plums? :unsure:

Toby
08-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Hahahaaa, Love how this went from Tesla's organ to pubics. Now who's gonna suggest we all take pics of our plums? :unsure:Damn, I was so hoping that no one would go there. :(

Btw, welcome to Oprano. :waving:

VMProd
08-07-2007, 09:25 AM
:bustingupMan this is one healthy thread.
Thanx Tobs! Pretty happy to be here...

spazlabz
08-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks Jace, thats a very cool vid :)

spaz

ScreaM
08-07-2007, 02:06 PM
wow, that thing is pretty cool. thanks for sharing. :okthumb: