PDA

View Full Version : Certain boards and the nazis that run them

Jace
06-25-2007, 11:03 AM
I am not quite sure what to make of this

first off, i struggle with my sig on a continual basis over there...I went from a 120x60 image which got removed, to 3 lines of text which got removed, and most recently 3 LINKS ON THE SAME LINE, which now got removed

here is the rules

You will not use a banner in your signature file larger than 120x60 pixels (with 40 characters of text under it) OR 80 characters of text for sig files that do not contain images. If you have a table in your sig, it must be no bigger than 120x60. You must use standard ENGLISH text in your sig, which means you can not use:
Bold Text
Huge Text
Colored Text

I am not quite sure how this
feedpushers.com (http://www.feedpushers.com) | xxxis.net (http://www.xxxis.net) | maximumcheese.com (http://www.maximumcheese.com/?w=100166)

was against the rules...LOL

now, here is the fun one

I posted that thread about thursday nights get together for dinner and this morning I wake up to not only find my sig changed AGAIN, but also a private message saying
Hello,

The thread you posted, 'Calling all ATLiens.....Atlanta MEETUP this Thursday...' in the forum, Chit Chat was moved to Products and/or Services offered.

Thanks!

now, here is what I don't get, how was a post about going to dinner and drinking classified as "products and services offered"?
I am not providing hookers and nothing will be sold there....haha

anyway, just thought I would rant for a second, I feel that I am a pretty valuable member of quite a few forums on the net and was looking to branch out to more, but this one definitely is getting removed from my bookmarks, I don't feel like constantly being policed while I am trying to help people and promote my business

spazlabz
06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I have a pretty good idea which board you are talking about and their sig rules are and always have been a bit over the top IMHO. But it is their board to run how they wish and seem to have quite a bit of success with it.

I have crossed paths with their sig moderators in the past. it IS a good board to introduce maximum cheese to bro

spaz

Jace
06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
I have a pretty good idea which board you are talking about and their sig rules are and always have been a bit over the top IMHO. But it is their board to run how they wish and seem to have quite a bit of success with it.

I have crossed paths with their sig moderators in the past. it IS a good board to introduce maximum cheese to bro

spaz

well, maybe when time comes to open the doors I will give it another shot....but i won't be happy about it! hahah

TheEnforcer
06-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Sheeseh.. no idea which board you are referring to but they need to loosen up a little imo. :blink:

Toby
06-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Sig rules are enforced by a bot, so if you're within the rules but still getting deleted PM one of the owners and ask for help.

As for moving of your announcement, they're at least consistant about it. Advertisers and board regulars get cut a little slack, but not much.

spazlabz
06-25-2007, 11:24 AM
their moderators are enthusiastic.

another board besides Oprano of course is a blue one that makes me think wet thoughts (or spots heh heh) have mods that are considerably more restrained then the one that frustrated you today. And their guy who sells ad spots is easy to work with. hit me up on ICQ and I will let ya in on a secret or two :)

spaz

Jace
06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Sig rules are enforced by a bot, so if you're within the rules but still getting deleted PM one of the owners and ask for help.

As for moving of your announcement, they're at least consistant about it. Advertisers and board regulars get cut a little slack, but not much.

i don't get it though, there was no advertising in that post, there wasn't even any names except for a restaurant....

maybe I should have called Bambinellis Pizza and asked if they wanted to buy advertising on that board so we could keep the post in a forum people actually READ? hahahaha

spazlabz
06-25-2007, 11:29 AM

Nah, I joined that board a few days before it opened and when I crossed the sig rules it was edited immediately. Maybe they added a bot recently but my sig was stripped by a person who told me so in the PM.

He was respectful but firm, those rules are there to protect their sponsors which is cool.

My company sponsors that board as well and I still have to follow their sig rules for sponsors. It is a very good board and friend to Oprano, but I have been frustrated by their rules in the past

spaz

Jace
06-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Nah, I joined that board a few days before it opened and when I crossed the sig rules it was edited immediately. Maybe they added a bot recently but my sig was stripped by a person who told me so in the PM.

He was respectful but firm, those rules are there to protect their sponsors which is cool.

My company sponsors that board as well and I still have to follow their sig rules for sponsors. It is a very good board and friend to Oprano, but I have been frustrated by their rules in the past

spaz

it seems like a great board, but every time I go there I just have this thought in my head "I JUST CAN'T WIN WITH THESE GUYS!" hahahaha

spazlabz
06-25-2007, 11:36 AM
it seems like a great board, but every time I go there I just have this thought in my head "I JUST CAN'T WIN WITH THESE GUYS!" hahahaha
heh heh
clique

spaz

Toby
06-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Nah, I joined that board a few days before it opened and when I crossed the sig rules it was edited immediately. Maybe they added a bot recently but my sig was stripped by a person who told me so in the PM.I believe the sig bot is an add-on/option that became available with one of the board software upgrades last year, or perhaps I'm mistaken and it's a custom critter by Sparky.

spazlabz
06-25-2007, 11:41 AM
I believe the sig bot is an add-on/option that became available with one of the board software upgrades last year, or perhaps I'm mistaken and it's a custom critter by Sparky.
well it has been awhile since my sig has been stripped

now, i am full blown paranoid when I post over there
'is my sig to big?'
'is this too spammy?'
'should this go in the biz or bullshit area?'

don't get me wrong, the guys that run it are great and lots of the posters there are very cool. But i was always nervous about posting there and its why my post count is so low.. and it is my second favorite board after Oprano.

spaz

Jace
06-25-2007, 11:47 AM
well it has been awhile since my sig has been stripped

now, i am full blown paranoid when I post over there
'is my sig to big?'
'is this too spammy?'
'should this go in the biz or bullshit area?'

don't get me wrong, the guys that run it are great and lots of the posters there are very cool. But i was always nervous about posting there and its why my post count is so low.. and it is my second favorite board after Oprano.

spaz

haha, so it is safe to assume the bot is the nazi...hahaha

spazlabz
06-25-2007, 12:16 PM
haha, so it is safe to assume the bot is the nazi...hahaha
:scratchin:idontknow
i know their moderators are strict

spaz

Greg B
06-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Look, it's 'their' board so rules don't apply to their pals and cronies.

Especially when you bust some for doin' some sinister shit. It's about money and prestige and rules don't apply.

You have to say to yourself, if a board is run by people like that would you want to be associated with them? You know it's inevitable that they'll get busted or wrapped up in some shit whose stink you don't want on you.

Toby
06-25-2007, 02:41 PM

Especially when you bust some for doin' some sinister shit. It's about money and prestige and rules don't apply.

You have to say to yourself, if a board is run by people like that would you want to be associated with them? You know it's inevitable that they'll get busted or wrapped up in some shit whose stink you don't want on you.Y'know, you really shouldn't comment on things you obviously know absolutely nothing about.

You've just publicly insulted two people whose integrity is beyond reproach. :mad:

Jace
06-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Y'know, you really shouldn't comment on things you obviously know absolutely nothing about.

You've just publicly insulted two people whose integrity is beyond reproach. :mad:

yeah, I don't know where that all came from

I just think their rules are a bit strict...I even feel bad about using the term "nazi" in the thread title...haha

not sure about what GregB is talking about

JimB
06-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Y'know, you really shouldn't comment on things you obviously know absolutely nothing about.

Thanks Toby

I had to dust off my logon and password to post in this thread. Sorry Gonzo, I will be by more often now. :)

Jace, drop me an email or PM if you have any problems.

Our nazidesiginator is super secret and was custom written for us...just an FYI. :)

Hi Spaz :)

Jace
06-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks Toby

I had to dust off my logon and password to post in this thread. Sorry Gonzo, I will be by more often now. :)

Jace, drop me an email or PM if you have any problems.

Our nazidesiginator is super secret and was custom written for us...just an FYI. :)

Hi Spaz :)

OMFG

LOL

the sig thing I can handle, goes with the territory

the thread moving thing just baffled me though, it wasn't advertising anything or selling a product or soliciting people to use a service

but yet, a thread that was calling for people to have dinner and drink was moved a "graveyard" section of the forum

Products and/or Services offered
This is the only place to spam your products or services.

no spam whatsoever, can't understand?

greenguy
06-25-2007, 03:07 PM
...now, here is what I don't get, how was a post about going to dinner and drinking classified as "products and services offered"?
I am not providing hookers and nothing will be sold there....haha...Like I told you when I replied to your PM, it's nothing personal - events not sponsored by the board get moved to Products & Services.

As for the sig thing, I know that one of the last upgrades sacked a lot of sig files my mistake (odd how every upgrade overwrites all the fixes our tech guy put in) so that might have been the problem, but I have no idea since you didn't ask about it when it happened.

But thanks for crying about everything in public on a different board after you sent me a Private Message :okthumb:

Hey Gonzo :waving:

greenguy
06-25-2007, 03:11 PM

You have to say to yourself, if a board is run by people like that would you want to be associated with them? You know it's inevitable that they'll get busted or wrapped up in some shit whose stink you don't want on you.If you have something to say to Jim or me, feel free to stop by the board - or do it here if you feel more comfortable.

JoesHO
06-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah I think our new product www.fuckinhorny.com would do real well for the business of the people on that board, as they would really know how to use this type of tool.

But since I really do not have tons of board time these days i have not introduced anyone over their to the tool yet.

I tried going by there more often a year or so ago, and was not welcomed to friendly as whenever i would make a post it was considered spam since I mentioned our products.

I think for the people on that board as regulars though those two guys Jim and greenguy are very helpful. They always seem consistant and fair to me. I just wish I had more time to do boards, but the ROI on the time invested is harder and harder to get involved in so many conversations.

So Just as they make their rules ( and I think they should, even if I as a non board hitter on their board agree with them I believe it is their best interest to look out for what they feel is their best interest) Webmasters can pick the boards they go to to talk. I dont think anyone in this day and age that is at all sucessful in this biz can spend all day everday on everyboard, if they tell you they do I call bullshit on their actual success. They just dont make enough hours in the day to do them all.

Plus I agree with Grenguy, you are the biggest cry baby I have ever seen in this biz. you always are cryiong about something. JEEZ grow up man.

Jace
06-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Like I told you when I replied to your PM, it's nothing personal - events not sponsored by the board get moved to Products & Services.

like I said in this thread, I am no longer going there for now, so I have no clue if you replied to that PM I sent....when I woke up this morning and saw not only my sig had been changed again, but my attempt to get some people together for NON-SPONSORED or ADVERTISED at drinks and dinner wasn't appreciated there, I gave even trying to post or be a part of that community.

As for the sig thing, I know that one of the last upgrades sacked a lot of sig files my mistake (odd how every upgrade overwrites all the fixes our tech guy put in) so that might have been the problem, but I have no idea since you didn't ask about it when it happened.

well, the first 2 times it happened I thought I was doing something really wrong, then when I woke today and saw it happened again I just said "fuck, this ain't worth it"

But thanks for crying about everything in public on a different board after you sent me a Private Message :okthumb:

once again, as stated in my first post of this thread, I have no desire to go back after all that, it just isn't worth the hassle. I am here to make money, and if I have to keep monitoring what I say and do and where I say and do it, it gets too annoying to worth it and I just don't bother

thank you for taking some time to explain though, that is much appreciated, but I can see that gg&j and jace wouldn't be a good fit

Jace
06-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Joesho, I would appreciate if you just leave me out of your mind all together. I have done that for you the past few months and have not directed any conversation in your direction, I would appreciate the same.

I want absolutely nothing to do with you, thanks.

Greg B
06-25-2007, 05:32 PM

Oh eat ass already. I'm talking in general. Since no-one-person was identified anyway.

If you don't want to see other people's opinions on things then put on your happy glasses and happy helmet and stay in the room with the orderlies.

Greg B
06-25-2007, 05:35 PM
If you have something to say to Jim or me, feel free to stop by the board - or do it here if you feel more comfortable.

Hey Greenguy.

I wasn't talking about you in particular. Since no one was mentioned in the first post. If it was about you then I'm sure you will handle it.

I've known ya since day-one and even did some free logo toons for ya wayyyy way back so no beef from me.

Oh, I'd like to say howdy to you and Jim but your emails aren't working from your message board. Can't log in. Been that way for months.

Jace
06-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Greg, you were pretty quick to insult them until they came on here...LOL

there is only one adult board with all the characteristics I gave

what board did you think I was talking about?

Toby
06-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Oh eat ass already. I'm talking in general. Since no-one-person was identified anyway.

If you don't want to see other people's opinions on things then put on your happy glasses and happy helmet and stay in the room with the orderlies.Bite me! Everyone else here knew exactly which board was being discussed. The fact that you didn't made it rather obvious that you were once again just talking out your ass.

TheEnforcer
06-25-2007, 06:07 PM
I didn't know which board you were referring to....

Greenguy and Jim are good guys though to be sure. :okthumb:

greenguy
06-25-2007, 06:34 PM
So you send me a PM asking why I moved the thread & without even bothering to see if I replied, you start this thread.

As far as the sig file, I'm betting that you had the font in bold &/or colored like you do here and both of those trip the bot. Sorry we're a bit strict with the sigs, but I can only take so much of Hal & his mix CD's :scratchin

gonzo
06-25-2007, 06:48 PM
WOW.

I saw this thread earlier today but I had no idea it would jump the shark.

Everyone runs their board as they see fit and how it fits into a business model.

Yes they do aggresively move threads. FWIW if I think it smells anything like spam I put it in that forum. Their house - their rules. I didnt know it was a bot though.

Some side observations.

Jace - the guys there are good targets for your service. It would be good business to work with em.

Over the years Ive launched many free sites and once I again I publically thank Green Guy for all the traffic he has sent my way in the past.

I dont agree with some of the viewponts over there from time to time but I have found both Green Guy and Jim to be good friends of Oprano. As a matter of fact I need to move a fat banner to the index page for them.

I like Hals mix cds. Wish Flashcash was preforming for me as well as it used to. I dont think Ive seen a check from them since .... well since Jim was running the show.

Each board has its own purpose in most cases. Some webmasters dont have a need for certain services. I suppose thats why most read here instead of posting. So I appreciate those of you that do post here.

Posting in a forum with open and honest discussion isnt considered to be cool with a lot of the cool kids. It is however good for business.

Posting here will soon be further rewarded.

Hey guys!!!

JoesHO
06-25-2007, 07:10 PM
WOW.

I saw this thread earlier today but I had no idea it would jump the shark.

Everyone runs their board as they see fit and how it fits into a business model.

Yes they do aggresively move threads. FWIW if I think it smells anything like spam I put it in that forum. Their house - their rules. I didnt know it was a bot though.

Some side observations.

Jace - the guys there are good targets for your service. It would be good business to work with em.

Over the years Ive launched many free sites and once I again I publically thank Green Guy for all the traffic he has sent my way in the past.

I dont agree with some of the viewponts over there from time to time but I have found both Green Guy and Jim to be good friends of Oprano. As a matter of fact I need to move a fat banner to the index page for them.

I like Hals mix cds. Wish Flashcash was preforming for me as well as it used to. I dont think Ive seen a check from them since .... well since Jim was running the show.

Each board has its own purpose in most cases. Some webmasters dont have a need for certain services. I suppose thats why most read here instead of posting. So I appreciate those of you that do post here.

Posting in a forum with open and honest discussion isnt considered to be cool with a lot of the cool kids. It is however good for business.

Posting here will soon be further rewarded.

Hey guys!!!

You are NOT gonna start rewarding us with points are you LOL ?

Greg B
06-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Greg, you were pretty quick to insult them until they came on here...LOL

there is only one adult board with all the characteristics I gave

what board did you think I was talking about?

Jace, there's no way I could do more damage to your credibility than what nature has provided you already. You should quite while you're behind.

gonzo
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
You are NOT gonna start rewarding us with points are you LOL ?
You want your Oprano Points back?

Jace
06-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Jace, there's no way I could do more damage to your credibility than what nature has provided you already. You should quite while you're behind.

greg, do I even know you?

Jace
06-25-2007, 08:12 PM
you know what, fuck it, you all win

I am an annoying crybaby whiner with no credibility

:okthumb::okthumb:

JoesHO
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
you know what, fuck it, you all win

I am an annoying crybaby whiner with no credibility

:okthumb::okthumb:

well at least you are past the denial stage, so that is progress man.

I really had no problems with you Jace, and actually think you are a pretty decent dude, But when you try to tell on people, whine and send e-mails stating UNTRUE facts when you have no idea what you are doing, that makes a person realize you are nothing more than a baby .

I find it super funny that you tried to send an e-mail to a partner of mine at the time trying to tell on me for something I NEVER even set up or discussed with you in any way shape or form. talk about a low life tattle tale little fucking cry baby!

you sent my ex partner an e-mail claiming I set up a model search with you in Atlanta and that I then flaked out on it ( when in fact I never even talked to you about when I was coming back into town at all) I did discuss the possiblity with someone else but NEVER you..... and I never set anything formally up at all with anyone.

But you took it upon yourself to try to tattle on me ....boo fucking hooo did you talk out your ass again and make promises to girls that you could not keep and then feel bad about it . whatever dude, you are a fucking baby, doesnt mean you are a bad guy, it is just a major fault of yours, but hey we all have em so dont cry to hard over it .

Jace
06-25-2007, 09:39 PM
well at least you are past the denial stage, so that is progress man.

I really had no problems with you Jace, and actually think you are a pretty decent dude, But when you try to tell on people, whine and send e-mails stating UNTRUE facts when you have no idea what you are doing, that makes a person realize you are nothing more than a baby .

I find it super funny that you tried to send an e-mail to a partner of mine at the time trying to tell on me for something I NEVER even set up or discussed with you in any way shape or form. talk about a low life tattle tale little fucking cry baby!

you sent my ex partner an e-mail claiming I set up a model search with you in Atlanta and that I then flaked out on it ( when in fact I never even talked to you about when I was coming back into town at all) I did discuss the possiblity with someone else but NEVER you..... and I never set anything formally up at all with anyone.

But you took it upon yourself to try to tattle on me ....boo fucking hooo did you talk out your ass again and make promises to girls that you could not keep and then feel bad about it . whatever dude, you are a fucking baby, doesnt mean you are a bad guy, it is just a major fault of yours, but hey we all have em so dont cry to hard over it .

hey man, I will never deny that I shot off that email, it pissed me off at the time, now I can look back and see it was a pretty shitty thing to do, but I felt that after you set a date to come through atlanta, broadcast on the boards about a so called model search, then don't show up at all, it ended up being a totally flaky circumstance all around....
and since we had been talking to earl a lot in that few months and also had a past history with him, I felt it was justified letting him know how I felt....I look back now and realize it was probably not the best course of action, but oh well, what can I do other than say I am sorry for blowing it way out of proportion
and to set the record straight, I did have girls lined up that were very excited at the opportunity, and eventually very let down that it didn't happen, which fueled my emotions even higher because these girls were close to us at the time
I jut felt that I was doing you a favor by lining girls up after you publicly announced everything about that road trip like it was all "official"...then later come to find out it was a "dry run" or something like that

anyway, that is just where I stood about the whole thing...would I take it back? probably not, I just would have probably just handled myself better

bluemoney
06-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Two of my favorite boards are Oprano and Greenguy & Jim. Both boards are well run IMHO and have given me the opportunity to learn a lot about the business and meet some terrific people.

Summation; Once again I prove to be a boring old dood . . . Hell I only got “three fidy” on my Hotlanta Kinky score :(

spazlabz
06-26-2007, 08:30 AM
:waving: Hi Jim
:waving: Hi Greenie
:wnw:

As soon as I saw the first post I knew exactly which board was being discussed. to me it was about as subtle as a grenade. But I can definitely see how people who might not frequent that board might not see the connection.

In an interesting twist just about every post in this thread is correct in one way or another it just depends on your POV. GG&J has to be in the top 5 boards and they have a huge influence in the biz. So it is a great place to be seen especially if you have a new product or service targeted towards LL and TGP owners.

spaz

greenguy
06-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Gonzo - the bot is for the sig files & not for spam posts (it's easy to tell the bot what coding to look for in sig files)

You know what else I noticed about the people that post both here & on our board? They all have nice tidy sig files :okthumb:

Love ya :bananal9:

greenguy
06-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Oops - almost forgot.....

Jace - you're welcome to stop by the board anytime :)

Jace
06-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Gonzo - the bot is for the sig files & not for spam posts (it's easy to tell the bot what coding to look for in sig files)

You know what else I noticed about the people that post both here & on our board? They all have nice tidy sig files :okthumb:

Love ya :bananal9:

actually, the huge banner is just something I put in there for fun

this is my normal sig

that blog guy - jace@justjace.com
wordpress.css.seo.blogposts.themes.bulkinstalls.rs s
feedpushers.com (http://www.feedpushers.com) | xxxis.net (http://www.xxxis.net) | maximumcheese.com (http://www.maximumcheese.com/?w=100166)

Jace
06-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Oops - almost forgot.....

Jace - you're welcome to stop by the board anytime :)

I am sure I will in time when I have something to offer "tgp and linklist guys" (as spaz said)

I just saw there was a blog forum and was going to get in there and participate a bit

Hammer
06-27-2007, 04:57 PM
So, a dinner for a few FFNs is considered an EVENT? Gimme a fucking break.

Rcourt64
06-27-2007, 06:44 PM
So, a dinner for a few FFNs is considered an EVENT? Gimme a fucking break.
Hell ya...I agree with ya there Mighty One, I've seen better exciting EVENTS at the local nightly Hilton Gazebos :whistling

Hammer
06-27-2007, 08:21 PM
The point is that they're calling a get together for a few webmasters, that is in no way intended for profit, an event and claiming that their advertisers will complain when someone announces a small get together. Or do they think they'll be flying banners and pushing affiliate programs at this EVENT? :idontknow

Jace
06-27-2007, 09:04 PM
so, I went back today to check things out and low and behold there is a thread on the same forum that I tried to post to about a bbq someone is throwing

I did around but didn't see his sites advertising anywhere on the forum...guess he advertises with them some other way?

funny though, almost the entire front page of the "Chit Chat" forum is happy birthdays..haha

Hammer
06-27-2007, 09:13 PM
So now you have your answer. Call the FFN get together Gonzo's birthday party.

Jace
06-27-2007, 09:50 PM

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

helix
06-27-2007, 10:17 PM
50 fascists !

gonzo
06-27-2007, 10:20 PM
12 days too early.

greenguy
06-28-2007, 08:59 AM
so, I went back today to check things out and low and behold there is a thread on the same forum that I tried to post to about a bbq someone is throwing

I did around but didn't see his sites advertising anywhere on the forum...guess he advertises with them some other way?

funny though, almost the entire front page of the "Chit Chat" forum is happy birthdays..hahaThat one is very simple: he asked.

Common courtesy goes a long way, especially when everyone knows what assholes Jim & I are :okthumb:

gonzo
06-28-2007, 10:53 AM
That one is very simple: he asked.

Common courtesy goes a long way, especially when everyone knows what assholes Jim & I are :okthumb:
Ill see if I can find you a Bambenellis teeshirt!