PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what hotel is next to the Westin for Internext?

Jace
06-13-2007, 05:15 PM
apparently even being an early bird doesn't cut it, you have to book BEFORE they make it public

so, anyone know which hotels are on either side of the Westin?

the Holiday Inn is about 1 mile from it, which I guess wouldn't be bad, but wanted to know what was directly next to it

Jace
06-13-2007, 05:16 PM
shit, nevermind, the holiday inn is gone an being replaced by some trump tower

gonzo
06-13-2007, 05:21 PM
apparently even being an early bird doesn't cut it, you have to book BEFORE they make it public

so, anyone know which hotels are on either side of the Westin?

the Holiday Inn is about 1 mile from it, which I guess wouldn't be bad, but wanted to know what was directly next to it
That Holiday Inn is long gone. Its played host to the likes of myself and Ynot Bob and others.

If your looking for cheaper digs ask The Enforcer where he stayed last year.

Jace
06-13-2007, 05:46 PM
That Holiday Inn is long gone. Its played host to the likes of myself and Ynot Bob and others.

If your looking for cheaper digs ask The Enforcer where he stayed last year.

i could care less about price as long as it is within a mile of the westin

well, I found one place, but it was $300 a night, that is a bit much for just a room with a bed

Jace
06-13-2007, 05:56 PM
this looks like the winner so far

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=13027&brandInfo=RA&cid=%EAid!

jerseygto
06-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Actually Big J....theres Hotels all up an down the beach it jus might be a lil rough to find one with a vacnacy..Especially in August.... Just look online for Hotels in Hollywood Florida on North an South Ocean drive in the 33019 zip code..:okthumb:

An oh yea the actual add is 3555 s ocean dr soooooo all the close Hotels in walking distance start at the 2000 block :jump011:

Jace
06-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Actually Big J....theres Hotels all up an down the beach it jus might be a lil rough to find one with a vacnacy..Especially in August.... Just look online for Hotels in Hollywood Florida on North an South Ocean drive in the 33019 zip code..:okthumb:

yeah, I have, and the closest other than the ramada is 3 miles away

jerseygto
06-13-2007, 06:07 PM
yeah, I have, and the closest other than the ramada is 3 miles away

Try looking in Hallandale its the next city south an actually borders the hotel..

Jace
06-13-2007, 06:21 PM
just found this one

http://driftwoodontheocean.com/english/rooms.html

looks pretty quaint :)

TheEnforcer
06-13-2007, 06:29 PM
this looks like the winner so far

http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=13027&brandInfo=RA&cid=%EAid!

That's where I stayed last year and I LOVED it. Absolutely loved. it. I liked the rooms there better than the ones at The Westin. :okthumb: Short cab ride away and the security guys were very cool when I came back fubared. LOL

TheEnforcer
06-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Just checked the room rates and they are sweet.. :>)) Between this and my free airline ticket from Northwest it will be a cheap trip should I decide to go.

Jace
06-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Just checked the room rates and they are sweet.. :>)) Between this and my free airline ticket from Northwest it will be a cheap trip should I decide to go.

I just made my reservation for their

you going to be staying there too?

it was $317 for both of us, great price

are cabs pretty readily available at any time of the day and night around there?

TheEnforcer
06-13-2007, 09:26 PM
I just made my reservation for their

you going to be staying there too?

it was $317 for both of us, great price

are cabs pretty readily available at any time of the day and night around there?

If i go that is where I will stay for sure.... cabs were very easy to get and the cabbies and security at the hotel were really nice even to folks who were fubared.. lol

Hell Puppy
06-13-2007, 10:32 PM
If i go that is where I will stay for sure.... cabs were very easy to get and the cabbies and security at the hotel were really nice even to folks who were fubared.. lol

hhhaaaaammmmmmmmmmmeeerrred

C H R I S 2.0
06-15-2007, 01:04 PM
The rooms at the Westin are NOT - I repeat not sold out.

When calling to make the reservation make sure you mention that you are with the Internext show or they will say they are sold out.

If anyone still has problems ask for a manager - and if that fails hit me up directly - ICQ in sig.

CHEERS!

LAJ
06-15-2007, 06:07 PM

When calling to make the reservation make sure you mention that you are with the Internext show or they will say they are sold out.

If anyone still has problems ask for a manager - and if that fails hit me up directly - ICQ in sig.

CHEERS!

Good cuz I've called there twice... once to the front desk the other time to that company that handles reservations and both times was told nothing is available on Aug 2. Even hassled half the internext crew to find out what's up and help me out. Either way, I gotta be there on the 2nd and if need be I'll split someone's room with them for that night.

Jace
06-15-2007, 09:03 PM

CHEERS!

um...yeah they are

I talked to the guy at great length, he tried 3 different ways, and the ONLY rooms he could come up with under the "internext group" was suites that are almost $400 a night

he even tried to look off of the "internext group" block and saw nothing was available

I would LOVE to grab something else, but I already made my reservation elsewhere and settled into the idea that it will be nice there ;)

doesn't this happen every year?

gonzo
06-15-2007, 10:22 PM
um...yeah they are

I talked to the guy at great length, he tried 3 different ways, and the ONLY rooms he could come up with under the "internext group" was suites that are almost $400 a night

he even tried to look off of the "internext group" block and saw nothing was available

I would LOVE to grab something else, but I already made my reservation elsewhere and settled into the idea that it will be nice there ;)

doesn't this happen every year?
I never had any problem in Miami. I booked right before I left for Tampa as well.

Jace
06-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I never had any problem in Miami. I booked right before I left for Tampa as well.
i seem to recall board threads every year asking how they sold out of rooms so quick...and someone from AVN always comes on and says "we are NOT sold out"

iamkathi
06-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Jace, you are correct. And then a month before hand magically rooms start to appear on the boards. Different companies that book more rooms than they will ever use start freaking out when they figure out they may have to pay for them.
Also, there is always a waiting list every year that they DO call when the rooms start opening up.

Jace
06-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Jace, you are correct. And then a month before hand magically rooms start to appear on the boards. Different companies that book more rooms than they will ever use start freaking out when they figure out they may have to pay for them.
Also, there is always a waiting list every year that they DO call when the rooms start opening up.

well, that is a different story...that is rooms that the waiting list gets

I am speaking about rooms that are NOT available for the general registrees, and AVN always says they are magically there