PDA

View Full Version : Berns Rules

Hell Puppy
06-08-2007, 03:47 AM
Berns remains my favorite steakhouse of all I've eaten by a pretty large margin. I was reminded of why tonight.

Every piece of food was absolutely amazing.

For the haters who say otherwise, I can only surmise one of three things. Either you do not know good food and steaks. Or you haven't ever actually eaten there. Or lastly, you're cost conscious. This aint Longhorns.

I had the following, and warning, lightweights shouldn't try this:

Shrimp cocktail with 6 of the largest tenderest shrimp I've ever had along with 3 absolutely amazing sauces for dipping including a traditional cocktail, a remoulade and an indescribably good ginger sauce.

French onion soup...also bowl licking good, and I dont even like onion soup.

Tableside prepared caesar that blows away the one at Delmonico, something I thought I'd never say.

14 oz delmonico, again one of the best cuts of meat I've ever had. Trimmed with beans and carrots that were so good I actually ate my veggies.

Baked potato, loaded...again the Berns edge is they grow everything themselves and even make their own sour cream, best potato I've had.

And just to show gluttony at it's finest, a big bowl of white truffle macaroni for the table. If you've tried this at Smith and Wollensky, you know how good it can be. This one is better. The pasta is hand made their on site and large, more like a big fat velveeta shell.

Then we toured the kitchen and wine cellar. Pics will be coming soon, too late to dump 'em tonight. Most expensive thing in the cellar? An 1851 bottle from a vineyard I dont recall....$10,000. Dont like that one? Between the cellar on site and the warehouse across the street's 900,000 bottles, they have over 1 million bottles of wine available. If we ever have some sort of disaster that requires staying below ground for a couple of years, this is where you're going to find me.

After that. It's up to the dessert room. I had a cappacino that has beans they soaked in kahlua on site for weeks and then ground themselves. Smoothest, sweetest cappucino I've ever had.

And a German Chocolate Chocolate Cake. Again, amazing.

And finally wound it up with an ice wine flight with 4 outstanding variations of Innskillen, two of which I'd never had before. The two I'd never had are apparently rare, expensive and hard to get. They are also better than the regular reisling based Innskillen, and that's saying something.

I'm gonna go rub my belly now.

MaskTVMaura
06-08-2007, 12:44 PM
What a fantastic feast you had! I would love to have tried the cappuccino with Kahlua-soaked beans, and of course, the steak and prawns! Actually, I would have enjoyed the entire menu! LOL

JoesHO
06-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Damn that sounds good man ........

Nymph
06-08-2007, 04:53 PM
That does sound yummy.

I'm a lightweight though, and it would take me a couple days to eat all that.

gonzo
06-09-2007, 06:38 PM
That does sound yummy.

I have some truffle oil mac and cheese here if you want it.

Rcourt64
06-09-2007, 07:09 PM
That does sound yummy.

I get a Hard-On when you type :blush:

iamkathi
06-09-2007, 07:44 PM
For true Foodies there are a couple of things that make a really memorable meal.
Atmosphere, dining companions, service, quality of the food and the way it was prepared.

Berns cover all of these elements.

I had a Lobster cocktail with mango chunks! A bowl of Lobster bisque, a roasted beet salad with goat cheese. And as an entree I order the grilled shrimp thinking there would be 5-6 medium/large shrimp. By the time my entree arrived I couldn't swallow another bite. I ate half a shrimp, half of a slice of carrot and 1 green bean. There were 13 shrimp on this plate. I brought the rest back to the front desk manager( you never know when you'll need an insider!).

Dessert was fantastic and that was the most incredible coffee I have ever had.

This meal ruined my last 4 months of dieting...

But, hell I'd do it again... in moderation next time. I am already planning the next time.

A meal that I will remember for some time.

Jace
06-10-2007, 01:55 AM
I just can't seem to get into food nearly as much as you all....and I am an ex-chef and LOVE food

gonzo
06-10-2007, 03:34 AM
I just can't seem to get into food nearly as much as you all....and I am an ex-chef and LOVE food
yOU ACN BE TRAINED

Nymph
06-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I have some truffle oil mac and cheese here if you want it.

Ok, what exactly is that?

I get a Hard-On when you type :blush:

Sweetie, it makes me happy to know I can at least do one thing for ya ;)

Nymph
06-10-2007, 03:57 PM

Some people eat to live, and some live to eat.

Jace
06-10-2007, 07:42 PM
yOU ACN BE TRAINED

doubt it, i have a hot wife that doesn't really care to get flattened when we do it missionary....LOL :yowsa::yowsa::yowsa::yowsa::yowsa:

gonzo
06-10-2007, 10:09 PM
doubt it, i have a hot wife that doesn't really care to get flattened when we do it missionary....LOL :yowsa::yowsa::yowsa::yowsa::yowsa:
I can bring her around if you want.

Hell Puppy
06-10-2007, 11:44 PM

That's a totally different training class....