PDA

View Full Version : The very best show on television

TheEnforcer
05-30-2007, 07:25 PM
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/deadliestcatch.html

There isn't a more enjoyable show to watch that The Deadliest catch on the Discovery channel. The conditions and danger those guys work in make for compelling tv. :okthumb:

Jace
05-30-2007, 07:47 PM
is that the one where the younger kid had a tooth ache and pulled his own tooth out?

TheEnforcer
05-30-2007, 10:17 PM
That's the one. Crabbing on the Bering sea in the winter off the coast of alaska.

softball
05-30-2007, 10:19 PM
That is a cool show. My fav at the moment is "The Riches". About a grifter gypsy family that takes over the identity of a rich family killed in a car crash. Eddie Izzard has to become a big time lawyer overnight and his wife Minnie Driver is way hot.

Jace
05-30-2007, 11:11 PM
That is a cool show. My fav at the moment is "The Riches". About a grifter gypsy family that takes over the identity of a rich family killed in a car crash. Eddie Izzard has to become a big time lawyer overnight and his wife Minnie Driver is way hot.
heh, yeah, we ALL know the riches

KILLER show...reminds me of a lot of my friends, hah

Hell Puppy
05-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Haven't watched the Riches, but never miss Deadliest Catch.

I have no idea WHY I like it so much, but it is compelling to watch. Those guys earn their money.

Only problem is it makes me want crab.

ScottMcGowan
05-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Haven't watched the Riches, but never miss Deadliest Catch.

I have no idea WHY I like it so much, but it is compelling to watch. Those guys earn their money.

Only problem is it makes me want crab.

My problem is that it makes me want to EAT crab, and there ain't many places in Charlotte, NC where one can get a decent set of crab legs.

Oh well. I'll be in Charleston next week. Bound to find somewhere out there.

TheEnforcer
05-31-2007, 11:13 AM

Minnie Driver, to my mind, isn't hot at all. I'm the biggest sucker in the world for a women with a British or Aussie accent (just ask CJ or Lisa) but that woman annoys the shit out of me so much I can't even enjoy the accent. :mad:

softball
05-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Minnie Driver, to my mind, isn't hot at all. I'm the biggest sucker in the world for a women with a British or Aussie accent (just ask CJ or Lisa) but that woman annoys the shit out of me so much I can't even enjoy the accent. :mad:

She has no accent in this show.

TheEnforcer
05-31-2007, 05:46 PM
She has no accent in this show.

I'd be even more annoyed with her then!! lol

Hell Puppy
06-01-2007, 12:06 AM
My problem is that it makes me want to EAT crab, and there ain't many places in Charlotte, NC where one can get a decent set of crab legs.

Oh well. I'll be in Charleston next week. Bound to find somewhere out there.

Same down here for the most part, unless you go to a really high end seafood joint you get tiny snow crab legs barely worth the effort typically.

I go to the Pacific Northwest several times per year, and I more than get my crab fix while I'm out there. You can have nice big Alaskan King Crab legs shipped from Pike Street, but it seems almost criminal to me to freeze those nice big fresh juicy legs. They lose a little something after they are frozen.

gonzo
06-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Same down here for the most part, unless you go to a really high end seafood joint you get tiny snow crab legs barely worth the effort typically.

I go to the Pacific Northwest several times per year, and I more than get my crab fix while I'm out there. You can have nice big Alaskan King Crab legs shipped from Pike Street, but it seems almost criminal to me to freeze those nice big fresh juicy legs. They lose a little something after they are frozen.
Red Lobster is not ON THE CRAB.

softball
06-01-2007, 12:50 AM

I live on the west coast and eat tons of crab. One of the best parts of living here. A california roll with real crab is amazing.

CelebCashJoe
06-01-2007, 03:22 PM
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/deadliestcatch.html

There isn't a more enjoyable show to watch that The Deadliest catch on the Discovery channel. The conditions and danger those guys work in make for compelling tv. :okthumb:

I'm a big fan of the show, not exactly sure why...but I love it :okthumb:

JohnV
06-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Good show for sure, but I'd have to say Man vs. Wild is waaaaay better....either way, The Discovery Channel has some of the best shows each season (all year round for that matter). Planet Earth was amazing (the HD presentation in 1080P was INSANELY beautiful)....