PDA

View Full Version : Well, the good news is....

softball
05-15-2007, 11:07 PM
Fallwell is dead. May he burn in hell......

gonzo
05-16-2007, 07:41 AM
I think Mr Flynt drank a toast last night to outlasting him.
They made each other for sure.

Congradulations to all the winners.

Robert
05-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Good riddance.

Hell Puppy
05-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Unfortunately our population is aging. As people age, they tend to want to become more religious. I guess it's in hope that there is a God or something beyond just becoming worm food when you expire. Closer they get to death, the closer they want to get to their God.

What this means is there's going to be a lot more where he came from.

spazlabz
05-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Fallwell was marginal at best. The greatest impact he ever had was the lawsuit against Flynt and his legacy is that the Moral Majority started a wave of zealous Christian 'do gooders' that were and are far more insane and militant then he ever was.

spaz

softball
05-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Fallwell was marginal at best. The greatest impact he ever had was the lawsuit against Flynt and his legacy is that the Moral Majority started a wave of zealous Christian 'do gooders' that were and are far more insane and militant then he ever was.

spaz
That doesn't sound to marginal to me. Quite an impact actually

Robert
05-17-2007, 01:27 PM
"OAKLAND, Calif. - The right-wing U.S. Christian evangelist Jerry Falwell, who died Tuesday at the age of 73, is perhaps best known for his fundamentalist social positions and tirades against lesbians, gays and feminists, not to mention “pagans”, “abortionists” and assorted other miscreants.But Falwell also had a significant impact on U.S. foreign policy over the last 30 years, and was one of the founding fathers here of so-called Christian Zionism — the belief that the modern state of Israel is the fulfillment of Biblical “End Times” prophecy and thus deserving of political, financial and religious support."

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/05/17/1259/

SirMoby
05-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Unfortunately our population is aging. As people age, they tend to want to become more religious. I guess it's in hope that there is a God or something beyond just becoming worm food when you expire. Closer they get to death, the closer they want to get to their God.

What this means is there's going to be a lot more where he came from.
Becoming a believer in Jesus is one thing. Pretending that Jesus wanted us to hate, judge others and force people to our own way of thinking is not part of anything written in the bible. Jesus believed that we should love each other, never judge others and if someone wanted to believe differently then us then we should let them be.

Falwell and many others took their own personal hate and desire for wealth and twisted the bible and the teachings of Jesus.

Hell Puppy
05-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Becoming a believer in Jesus is one thing. Pretending that Jesus wanted us to hate, judge others and force people to our own way of thinking is not part of anything written in the bible. Jesus believed that we should love each other, never judge others and if someone wanted to believe differently then us then we should let them be.

Falwell and many others took their own personal hate and desire for wealth and twisted the bible and the teachings of Jesus.

Of course....

I'm just not familiar with a major organized Christian flavor of religion in the U.S. that is willing to stay out of our bedrooms.