PDA

View Full Version : AdultFriendfinder will not remove deceased wives photos

gonzo
04-17-2007, 03:01 AM
When you just thought it couldnt get any worse with tales of Zango and burping databases... this really shows you what top notch guys Andrew Conru and Legendary Lars are.

Enjoy those drinks!

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff118299.htm

helix
04-17-2007, 08:34 AM
C'mon man, you know he was forced to do it.....like zango

Rcourt64
04-17-2007, 11:38 AM
http://myadg.com/oprano/necroFF.gif

EmporerEJ
04-18-2007, 08:10 AM
See picture, above

Now THAT is funny!

Toby
04-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Someone needs to tell the poor guy about DMCA.

Lena_DCB
04-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Sounds aweful

gr8expectations
04-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Hello, I am new here.

Maybe you need to be a member to get into recent articles on the ripoffreport, but considering that I am not a member and the last post I see on that site was Submitted: 1/24/2006 4:28:24 AM, I take it with a grain of salt. People have a strange way of shutting the fuck up once they get what they want, and I hope that the gentleman in that article did.

I have not now, nor have ever promoted AFF or any of their other sites, I do promote other dating sites. The article is not only dated but vague about details.

"A few years ago my wife and I took a couple of nude shots of each other and then had them on our homepage. The Internet was young and poorly understood and we were certainly in an experimental stage in our relationship. The photos were up there for no longer than two weeks and then we took them down, and never considered posting them again."

Consider that this article was posted Submitted: 11/16/2004 and that the author states,"the Internet was young and poorly understood." Even a few(3) years earlier was 11/2001 people, Well perhaps their "homepage" was on AFF, and they surely consented, and perhaps they misunderstood.

OK, yeah it sounds like shit, the poor guy, his decased wife, the kids, etc. But I have purchased content, some of it from many years ago, I was shocked when I recieved the docs, I mean the stuff looks pretty good considering its age. Who knows, the woman or the man in some of the content I have purchased could be dead at this point, or in rockers in retirement homes, or mothers, grandmothers, etc.

In any case, If someone gave me a very compelling reason, I might take it down, I would expect them to replace the content or better, not, "Why can't he just replace them with someone else's? Why are they doing this to me? Does my family have no rights?"

The writer claims AFF said, “Yeah buddy, you wish these were pictures o your wife, keep dreaming and stop wasting my time”.

Of course this is a shithead thing to say, but who really knows if it ever was?

Not to sound chalice, but for me it would depend on the success of the site, and if I had the right to use said photos.

my 2 cents

gonzo
04-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Id go along with your comments except AFF has a histry of not only using bogus pictures as profiles as well as allowing their affiliates to use stolen content to promote.

Not to mention they have openly admitted to stealing from affiliates using Zango.

You dont need a membership to check those facts.

Rcourt64
04-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Someone needs to tell the poor guy about DMCA. sue me :hmm: .

Let's not also forget those wonderful fake christmas photos profiles AFF also known for promoting on that wonderful time of the year... Hohoho :ban:

tony404
04-23-2007, 01:11 PM
how people support and do business with these scumbags is beyond me.