PDA

View Full Version : Joe Francis Indicted on Tax Evasion Charges

gonzo
04-11-2007, 09:12 PM
RENO, Nev. — "Girls Gone Wild" founder Joe Francis was charged with tax evasion today, having deducted more than $20 million in apparent false business expenses on his 2002 and 2003 tax returns.

According to the indictment, Francis used offshore bank accounts to hide income made during those two years. He used a Cayman Islands corporation, which Francis controlled, to transfer more than $15 million of his secret money into his Irvine, Calif., account.

Francis faces up to 10 years in prison and fines of up to $500,000 if convicted.

He is scheduled to appear in Reno, Nev., court May 22. The indictment follows Francis' Tuesday arrest in Panama City, Fla., where a judge had ordered him jailed until talks to settle a civil lawsuit are completed.

gonzo
04-11-2007, 09:13 PM
You guys still buy into all this offshore hosting and processing with EU accounts bullshit now?

Hell Puppy
04-11-2007, 09:19 PM
I dont understand greed at that level...

You're making tens of millions, perhaps even hundreds of millions. Give uncle sam his cut....you cant enjoy ANY of that money from jail.

bluemoney
04-11-2007, 09:28 PM

You're making tens of millions, perhaps even hundreds of millions. Give uncle sam his cut....you cant enjoy ANY of that money from jail.
My thoughts exactly. When your life is a party, why fuck it up?

Rcourt64
04-11-2007, 09:31 PM

You gotta be joking big man, you mean to say its not the one with the most toys that wins anymore? :scratchin

Toby
04-11-2007, 10:31 PM
There are so many LEGAL ways available to avoid paying taxes on that kind of income.

"Stupid is, as stupid does."

I hope he enjoys being Bubba's new girlfriend in cell block D.

Hell Puppy
04-12-2007, 09:02 PM
You gotta be joking big man, you mean to say its not the one with the most toys that wins anymore? :scratchin

Naw man....that ended around 2001-2002.... Try that now and you're likely to end up selling insurance or something.

gonzo
04-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Naw man....that ended around 2001-2002.... Try that now and you're likely to end up selling insurance or something.
And driving a Mustang GT

Hell Puppy
04-12-2007, 11:58 PM
And driving a Mustang GT

Those make for a tasty snack.