PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Webmasters

gonzo
03-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Heres a piece the runs counter to LAJ's

There are many people working in the adult industry, lots of companies that can be promoted, tons of shows to attend, hundreds of adult boards, and live Web broadcasts. How do you work all the angles and not get lost in the mix?

Personality-based marketing is an effective way to make a company stand out from the rest, especially when there are many companies providing the same services as yours.

When I was asked to write this article, I asked the editor, "Are you saying I have a personality?" They laughed and replied, "Yes, we think you do."
If you look at the biggest webmaster affiliate companies in the industry, most of them are represented by known personalities in adult—whether they became personalities because they were representing these large companies or because the companies are using them as representatives based upon their well-known personalities. CuriousToyBoy, Poppy, Mr. Romance, "YNOT" Bob, J$, Sleazy, Legendary Lars, and JFK are just a few people who have transformed themselves into known industry personalities.
There are several successful ways to do personality-driven marketing: webmaster boards, events and trade shows, and through live webcasts and other media. For those who use the boards there is a good possibility of being lost in the nonstop barrage of posts. The way to get around this is to have something people want to read and comment on, and also to develop a fan following. By "fan following," I am referring to peers who acknowledge liking someone’s writing style and the persona in which that user posts.

Trade shows and conventions that webmasters, program owners, and marketers attend are other places where you can be recognized. For every person who makes a positive impression on others at shows, there are those making bad impressions, because they are trying too hard. Drinking, being social, and talking shop helps get your message across, but overdoing it or being "the drunk guy who was thrown out of the show for smacking people with his penis" will only detract from your message (if you insist on smacking people with your penis, it is how you do it that counts). At shows, your personality will drive your effectiveness as much as the product you are pushing.

If you feel like venturing beyond the safe havens of the boards and webmaster events, there are other valuable methods, such as webmaster radio, creating your own affiliate program newsletter, interviews and articles for industry magazines, judging at adult industry contests, and participating in industry-sponsored games and at other places where you can let your personality come through.

No matter if it is a billing solution, a sex toy, the best celebrity site in the whole friggin’ world, or a double-anal-gangbang-hentai site—you should like what you are promoting. It is hard to listen to someone blabber on about a program or service or product when it’s patently obvious he or she really isn’t into it. However, while it is important to love what you are promoting (even if it’s yourself), don’t always be in promotional mode; it also is just as effective to avoid talking shop and instead let people get to know you—not just your product. You can be the guy who always lights up the room, wears the finest clothes, or makes the best jokes—just make sure your personality is consistent with who you are, then let it shine, baby, let it shine.

Read the whole article here (http://avnonline.com/index_cache.php?Primary_Navigation=Web_Exclusive_F eatures&Action=View_Article&Content_ID=285076)

CuriousToyBoy
03-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Who me ?

;)

softball
03-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Who me ?

;)

No Board fucking Goerge.

Hell Puppy
03-23-2007, 12:45 AM
Does this train go past the jail?

Top_Of_Google_Man
03-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Just stay away from politics?

gonzo
03-23-2007, 01:56 AM
Just stay away from politics?
Damn bartender quit after having his ass beat twice with a phone at the Bada Bing.