PDA

View Full Version : Who runs the best hosting companies these days?

Robin
03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
I have a project which may turn out to be the 'big one'. To make it work I think it would be necessary to work with a hosting company with plenty of bandwidth and experience with large ram PCs (16gb plus) and terrabyte raid drives with backups plus multiple master and slave servers running MySQL.

I'm looking to discuss with hosting companies a joint venture whereby the one I work with will provide bandwidth and PCs etc while I'll provide the new 'program' and programming and marketing thereof.

The last person I partnered with (Rick - Intertain) made a few millions off me. But he took a risk initially - anyone want to take a risk with me 10 years on?

robin at robinnixon.com

mmemmer
03-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Well Robin we would certainly entertain discussions on any project where there was a good profit to be made. Take a look at some of the infrastructure information below and then let me know from there what you think.

Caro.net (http://www.caro.net)
Facility
26,000 Sqft of DC space
N+1 Redundant Generators, UPS, & HVAC
Secure 24x7 Access
Network
Level3, Time Warner, Telecove
Fully Meshed Multiple 10 Gbps Backbones
100 Mbps Connections
Multiple Peering Points
99.99995% Uptime
Support
24/7/365 Onsite Support
No Wasting time with Tier 1 support
Free Remote Reboots
Services
Advanced Managed Services available 24/7/365
100% Dell Server Grade Equipment
Automated Reinstalls
Colocation also available
Available Operating Systems include but are not limited to:
1. Various flavors of Linux at no charge
2. Linux Enterprise License at $35/mo
3. FreeBSD at no charge
4. CentOS v3.x or v4.x at no charge
5. Windows 2003 Standard License at $15/mo
6. Windows 2003 Enterprise License at $40/mo
7. Windows 2003 Web Edition License at $10/mo
Control panels
1. Cpanel License is $20/mo
2. Or Plesk (see Plesk licensing information at http://www.swsoft.com
3. InterWorx is $20/mo

LBBV
03-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi Robin,

Please drop me an email at sales AT nationalnet DOT com. We have numerous customers running high bandwidth sites with replicated and clustered Mysql, and we have at least 200 servers that we have set up with more than 2TB worth of disk space, plus we can also do disk clustering. We specialize in complicated solutions.

I think you and I may have talked way back in the day :-)

Bill

Robin
03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for your replies. I'll contact both of you today.

Cheers!

- Robin.

TheEnforcer
03-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Hope you can find a deal that works for both parties folks.

gonzo
03-06-2007, 05:12 PM
my 2 cents is you can't go wrong with either host.

as you know robin I am very happy with oprano at nat nat but I will say that caro net hosts 3 of the biggest adult sites on the web.

glad to see your persistant and still after it. keep us posted.

Robin
03-06-2007, 06:52 PM
my 2 cents is you can't go wrong with either host.

as you know robin I am very happy with oprano at nat nat but I will say that caro net hosts 3 of the biggest adult sites on the web.

glad to see your persistant and still after it. keep us posted.

Thanks Gonzo,

My work in the general internet has started showing fruit, most of my sites are at or past PR5 and getting some good links from important sites.

I sold the restaurant to concentrate on the Internet again and have been coding up to 18 hours a day for some months now. I've managed to get plain servers do dome neat tricks and reckon I can handle a distributed network using less servers than (for example) Google.

I think this project will take off and whether or not I partner with one of these hosting providers it's possible that they would be used anyway. It just seemed interesting to see whether a hosting company might consider branching out a little... :)

mmemmer
03-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Hello Robin,

I just wanted to thank you again for the opportunity. While we couldn't make a fit, it was certainly good to explore the opportunites for both of us. Let me wish you great success with getting your endeavour going and receiving a tremendous ROI!:clapping: :okthumb:

Robin
03-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I have another project that Bill quoted for quite well, but he doesn't do FreeBSD. I'm afraid I am a confirmed BSD fanatic - every time I have compared it with Linux it has fared better.

I see that Caro does offer FreeBSD though. It's only a small side project but I'd be looking for managed hosting with 24/7 support on a P4 3.0 with raid drives and 5mbps for under $200/month.

Anyone interested?

TondaB
03-27-2007, 09:06 PM
I have another project that Bill quoted for quite well, but he doesn't do FreeBSD. I'm afraid I am a confirmed BSD fanatic - every time I have compared it with Linux it has fared better.

I see that Caro does offer FreeBSD though. It's only a small side project but I'd be looking for managed hosting with 24/7 support on a P4 3.0 with raid drives and 5mbps for under $200/month.

Anyone interested?

Hi Robin,

Naked Hosting does FreeBSD AND 24/7/365 support AND we are fully managed! Hit me up and lets get you hooked up with a great deal with great service:)

sales at nakedhosting dot com

Robin
03-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Tonda - that was quick!

I'll send you an email now.

- Robin.

Robin
03-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Gonzo, I can't figure out how to change my tagline of "officially retired" - so maybe I SHOULD be retired :) Could you change it to something like, err I dunno, maybe...

Got bored with retirement...

Or something? Thanks!

- Robin.

gonzo
03-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Gonzo, I can't figure out how to change my tagline of "officially retired" - so maybe I SHOULD be retired :) Could you change it to something like, err I dunno, maybe...

Got bored with retirement...

Or something? Thanks!

- Robin.
How does that look?

Rcourt64
03-28-2007, 08:49 AM
How does that look?

Amazing :hmm:
Now ya think ya can work on stopping post from just disappearing into No where land? :hmm:

gonzo
03-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Amazing :hmm:
Now ya think ya can work on stopping post from just disappearing into No where land? :hmm:

Your the only one thats said anything about it.

Rcourt64
03-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Your the only one thats said anything about it.

Don't pull my dick man,:hmm: if you want me to shut up, just say so man,
Put don't delete my shit man, & then tell me you don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I don't care if ya'll feel what I write is stupid, or arrogant Who cares man? just leave it

helix
03-28-2007, 09:51 PM
:whistling btw....I miss Morgan

gonzo
03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Don't pull my dick man,:hmm: if you want me to shut up, just say so man,
Put don't delete my shit man, & then tell me you don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I don't care if ya'll feel what I write is stupid, or arrogant Who cares man? just leave it
Id have no problem telling you I deleted it if I had.

Rcourt64
03-29-2007, 10:08 AM
:whistling btw....I miss MorganMorgan who?

Id have no problem telling you I deleted it if I had.Ya, ok Mr. Slumlord
Stop treating Oprano like low income Atlanta housing and fix whats wrong here, You could start with the Search button.

And whoever deleted my post, apparently doesn't have the Pelotas to fess up in my face.

helix
03-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Morgan who?

Yep, that Morgan :)

Dianna Vesta
03-31-2007, 12:03 PM
National Net is by far the best. The support can't be beat & the pricing is great.