PDA

View Full Version : Strip at Atlantic Station

Hell Puppy
02-23-2007, 12:52 AM
For the local crowd, we tried a restaurant called "Strip" at Atlantic Station while down there for the movie screening.

Nice location right in the middle of Atlantic Station, has indoor and outdoor seating including an upstairs with good views. Menu is steak, seafood and sushi....all pretty traditionally prepared, no fusion stuff going on here. Though the atmosphere is modern steakhouse maybe with just a dash of fusion flare. No white tablecloths though.

I tried the prime rib, and it was oustanding. The cut and seasoning was as good as I've had locally. Baked potato was also well above average. They did almost a light twice baked kinda thing with it. Baked it well, but then loaded it and put it back in briefly with everything but the sour cream and butter on it, so everything melted nicely. Nice chrimp, good salads as well.

Service was dead on. Price was typical for intown steakhouse, everything was ala carte....figure $75 a head plus drinks for 4 courses. Sushi menu could easily run that up. We didn't try any of that this time.

Strip makes the approved list. Not sure I'd drive down there just for it since it would require me driving past the likes of Chops, but it'll be a frequent haunt when downtown I suspect.

Oh, and we asked them if they knew Tony404, and they said no, so hopefully we finally found one that he hasn't been to already. ;)

tony404
02-23-2007, 01:50 AM
very funny :)

Jace
02-23-2007, 02:22 AM
Oh, and we asked them if they knew Tony404, and they said no, so hopefully we finally found one that he hasn't been to already. ;)

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Jace
02-23-2007, 02:24 AM
one of these days when we are all in a spending mood, we should get a small group together, dress up all nice, and hit "Bones (http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/)" in Buckhead

tony404
02-23-2007, 02:47 AM
one of these days when we are all in a spending mood, we should get a small group together, dress up all nice, and hit "Bones (http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/)" in Buckhead

if I m going to spend that type of money I see fogo as so much of a better deal.

Jace
02-23-2007, 03:10 AM
if I m going to spend that type of money I see fogo as so much of a better deal.

there is too much to chose from at Fogo...I know that sounds wierd, but I like to sit down and have a single cut of world famous beef over too much good beef

Revshare-Omar
02-23-2007, 07:58 AM
mmmm bones, or fogo each are very good in there own rights. Stop it you two I'm starting to drool.

Hell Puppy
02-23-2007, 10:10 PM

To me, I've always considered Bones to be noisy and overrated. It's a good feed, but in that price range, I much prefer Chops. Chops also now has Kobe, and I'm just stupid enough to try it. ;)

And I know what Tony is saying about bang for the buck, but sometimes you want more than just meat. At Chops, Mortons, Bones, Palm, Prime or any of the other high end steak houses in town you'll get a great cut of meat, but you can also get a fabulous shrimp, lobster or crab cocktail among other great appetizers, a killer salad and to die for desserts.

Brazillian steakhouses are not what I consider a steak dinner....that's a pure meat throw down. And sits in your colon like a brick for 2 days.

Jace
02-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Brazillian steakhouses are not what I consider a steak dinner....that's a pure meat throw down. And sits in your colon like a brick for 2 days.

yup...I LOVE meat...LOVE IT

but man, that is a LOT of meat....I love my potatoes and vegetables

man, they need potatoes on a stick at Fogo, I would go there all the time!

tony404
02-23-2007, 10:30 PM
To me, I've always considered Bones to be noisy and overrated. It's a good feed, but in that price range, I much prefer Chops. Chops also now has Kobe, and I'm just stupid enough to try it. ;)

And I know what Tony is saying about bang for the buck, but sometimes you want more than just meat. At Chops, Mortons, Bones, Palm, Prime or any of the other high end steak houses in town you'll get a great cut of meat, but you can also get a fabulous shrimp, lobster or crab cocktail among other great appetizers, a killer salad and to die for desserts.

i see what you are saying, bones wasnt bad, i thought mortons was nothing to write home about or ruth's chris for that matter.

Hell Puppy
02-24-2007, 02:10 AM
i see what you are saying, bones wasnt bad, i thought mortons was nothing to write home about or ruth's chris for that matter.

Mortons is a chain...it's a pretty consistent experience in any town you're in, which is a good but not spectacular high end steak house experience. I will say they've slipped a bit in last 5 years. Back thru the late 90's that was one fine feed.

Ruth's Chris....just not my thing...different preparation than your typical steak house.

Chops on the other hand is pretty old school. Gets their meat straight from Chicago stockyard, dry aged on site, and they have a hot enough fire in there to cook a thick 14 oz filet medium without butterflying it. And you can typically cut it with a fork.

Hell Puppy
02-24-2007, 02:11 AM
What I'd really love to see is a Smith and Wollensky in Atlanta.

tony404
02-24-2007, 05:41 PM
What I'd really love to see is a Smith and Wollensky in Atlanta.

Now I ate there and it was again no big deal, the best steak house I ever ate at was peter luger in brooklyn ny. We have to do chops one night that sounds good, can you go casual ?

VooMan
02-24-2007, 10:40 PM
My high school graduation dinner was at Peter Luger in Brooklyn.

Now that's some fuggin steak right there... giggity giggity giggity

Hell Puppy
02-25-2007, 01:09 AM
My high school graduation dinner was at Peter Luger in Brooklyn.

Now that's some fuggin steak right there... giggity giggity giggity

Oh, no doubt, love Peter Luger.

Hell Puppy
02-25-2007, 01:13 AM
Now I ate there and it was again no big deal, the best steak house I ever ate at was peter luger in brooklyn ny. We have to do chops one night that sounds good, can you go casual ?

Smith and Woll would be in my top 10. Peter Luger would be in my top 5 along with the likes of Berns and Delmonico.

Chops dress code is "upscale casual"...no jacket required, but they dont want you to look like a bum. Definitely no "PUSSY CASH" t-shirts. ;)

iamkathi
02-26-2007, 02:13 PM
I have eaten at Strip a couple of times and had great food and good service. In the summer there are concerts on that grassy area between Strip and Rosa Mexicana. I love to sit on the patio and listen to the tunes. Get there early and bogart the table...tip well and they won't care how long you stay.

As for steaks... as the group vegetarian I am up for anyplace, I can always find food. But, Fogo's salad bar was lacking last time we were there. You all know I have no problem in paying for good food and great service, but $25.00 for a salad bar is a bit nuts. The Brazilian place in Marietta we went to before had the best "non-meat" items and a great salad bar as well.

I have never been to Chops or Bones, but I send a lot of folks there. We also discussed Prime and we have never done that restaurant either.

As a side note... FYI... Prom season begins mid-March and goes until the end of May here in Atlanta, so that means eat late of you are going out on a Friday or Saturday.

Hell Puppy
02-26-2007, 06:45 PM
As for steaks... as the group vegetarian I am up for anyplace, I can always find food. But, Fogo's salad bar was lacking last time we were there. You all know I have no problem in paying for good food and great service, but $25.00 for a salad bar is a bit nuts. The Brazilian place in Marietta we went to before had the best "non-meat" items and a great salad bar as well.

Agree. Fogo's salad bar had slipped a notch or two that last time.

For the brazillian places I've tried, best salad bar by far is Boi Na Braza down the street from Fogo. Meat is easily on par with Fogo as well.

tony404
02-27-2007, 12:33 AM
Agree. Fogo's salad bar had slipped a notch or two that last time.

For the brazillian places I've tried, best salad bar by far is Boi Na Braza down the street from Fogo. Meat is easily on par with Fogo as well.

its not boi na braza anymore

Hell Puppy
02-27-2007, 01:12 AM
its not boi na braza anymore

That sucks, but not at all surprising. Opening just down the street from Fogo was not a bright play...

What's in there now?