PDA

View Full Version : Wild Hogs

Hell Puppy
02-23-2007, 12:40 AM
FFNs snuck into the press screening for Wild Hogs this evening.

I dont think this one matches the hype. Good cast, and a lot of laughs, but I'm thinking it can definitely wait for DVD. This is like a Disney Nerf comedy....no really hard edges....it'll require minimal editing for the airplane and TV editions.

I need to sleep on it, but likely gets 3/5 stars for me. Nice safe middle of the road movie, good date flick. But not one you should feel like you gotta go rush out and see opening night.

Jace
02-23-2007, 12:53 AM
um...it has martin lawrence in it, what did you expect?

anything that martin lawrence is in is bound to be a 3 star or lower to any intelligent person

Hell Puppy
02-23-2007, 12:55 AM
um...it has martin lawrence in it, what did you expect?

Well, it also had Travolta and William H. Macy....was hoping that would offset Tim Allen and Martin Lawrence.

I know where Martin's been the past year or so....he's been eating. He's becoming one of us very rapidly.

Pretty soon he wont need all that foam rubber to keep making those Big Momma's house movies.

Jace
02-23-2007, 02:29 AM
Well, it also had Travolta and William H. Macy....was hoping that would offset Tim Allen and Martin Lawrence.

I know where Martin's been the past year or so....he's been eating. He's becoming one of us very rapidly.

Pretty soon he wont need all that foam rubber to keep making those Big Momma's house movies.

tim allen I can handle usually, he can step it up when he needs to

martin lawrence just never hits it unless your inner city and retarded (wow, that was bad)

but yeah, William H Macy is AMAZING...usually...he has chosen a few bad roles in his day though, but it is forgivable anytime I think of Fargo or The Con

Travolta I have all but given up on, but he isn't really doing much acting lately, he is too happy to be flying...and I don't blame him

damn, i am rambling.....more alcohol please

Revshare-Omar
02-23-2007, 08:02 AM
FFNs snuck into the press screening for Wild Hogs this evening.

I dont think this one matches the hype. Good cast, and a lot of laughs, but I'm thinking it can definitely wait for DVD. This is like a Disney Nerf comedy....no really hard edges....it'll require minimal editing for the airplane and TV editions.

I need to sleep on it, but likely gets 3/5 stars for me. Nice safe middle of the road movie, good date flick. But not one you should feel like you gotta go rush out and see opening night.

Thanks for the heads up. The wife for some stupid yet unknowing apparent reason wants to go see that film. I on the other hand have been looking for an excuse not to see it, YOU JUST GAVE ME ONE thanks:okthumb:

Rcourt64
02-23-2007, 11:11 AM
I was looking forward to this, it seemed good thru the trailers. And John as always been a favorite of mine, ever since Welcome Back Carter.
As for Martin Lawrence & Tim Allen? "mums the word". :thumbdown

gonzo
02-23-2007, 11:24 AM
I was looking forward to this, it seemed good thru the trailers. And John as always been a favorite of mine, ever since Welcome Back Carter.
As for Martin Lawrence & Tim Allen? "mums the word". :thumbdown

Do you have a plastic shit bag?

Rcourt64
02-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Do you have a plastic shit bag?
http://www.mongrel.ie/images/bulletin_shitbag.gif
Ain't the Internet just fascinating :)

Hell Puppy
02-23-2007, 10:05 PM
tim allen I can handle usually, he can step it up when he needs to

martin lawrence just never hits it unless your inner city and retarded (wow, that was bad)

but yeah, William H Macy is AMAZING...usually...he has chosen a few bad roles in his day though, but it is forgivable anytime I think of Fargo or The Con

Travolta I have all but given up on, but he isn't really doing much acting lately, he is too happy to be flying...and I don't blame him

damn, i am rambling.....more alcohol please

I liked Martin in Bad Boys. Cant think of anything else I'd watch twice.

Travolta...yeah, he's not very hungry again, picks a movie or so a year just to pay for jet fuel.

Tim Allen is becoming a staple of family movies....that's why he's in this one. I would almost call it a family movie because it's Disney (Touchstone) and goes for juvenile laughs with things like people getting knocked off of motorcycles. But there's enough homo-erotic humor in there that I gotta think would make grandma uncomfortable and make the kids ask questions you dont want to answer.

But yeah, I like Willam H. Macy a lot....he plays the computer geek in this one, so I can relate to him alot. ;)

Reptile
02-24-2007, 12:30 AM
For a motorcycle movie I want to see Ghost Rider

Rcourt64
02-24-2007, 01:22 AM
For a motorcycle movie I want to see Ghost Rider

I was fascinated at the Stan Lee Mavel Comic Character when I was very young. I collected his comics like having to go to church on Sunday. It was religious for me. LOL

But from views of the trailers, it looks like Nicolas Cage is going to way Overkill the character in this flick. But again, I guess over exaggeration is part of fantasy roll playing. right? :hmm: