PDA

View Full Version : Not even safe in a boat from sharks!!

TheEnforcer
02-06-2007, 02:02 PM
http://www.local6.com/news/10942485/detail.html

Bull Sharks Sink Boat Off Fla. Coast

POSTED: 9:27 am EST February 6, 2007
UPDATED: 9:35 am EST February 6, 2007

FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. -- A crew aboard a shrimping boat were rescued after a group of bull sharks rammed and bit the vessel until it eventually sank off the Florida coast, according to an Associated Press report.

Captain Roger Schmall said a group of sharks had been slamming into the Christy Nichole's hull for four days. But then a 14-foot bull shark broke the boat's tail shaft, leaving Schmall and his crew of two adrift about 100 miles off the coast.

Schmall radioed for help, and another vessel picked the crew up about two hours later.

Schmall remained aboard his ship to pump water out while the other boat pulled it back to land. He said it was working for a couple of hours, but the waves eventually took their toll on Schmall's boat and the boat sank.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

gonzo
02-06-2007, 02:32 PM
http://www.local6.com/news/10942485/detail.html

Bull Sharks Sink Boat Off Fla. Coast

POSTED: 9:27 am EST February 6, 2007
UPDATED: 9:35 am EST February 6, 2007

FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. -- A crew aboard a shrimping boat were rescued after a group of bull sharks rammed and bit the vessel until it eventually sank off the Florida coast, according to an Associated Press report.

Captain Roger Schmall said a group of sharks had been slamming into the Christy Nichole's hull for four days. But then a 14-foot bull shark broke the boat's tail shaft, leaving Schmall and his crew of two adrift about 100 miles off the coast.

Schmall radioed for help, and another vessel picked the crew up about two hours later.

Schmall remained aboard his ship to pump water out while the other boat pulled it back to land. He said it was working for a couple of hours, but the waves eventually took their toll on Schmall's boat and the boat sank.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
We ran out of time but I wanted to go to the shark reef while we were in Vegas.

So next year my treat!

MaskTVMaura
02-06-2007, 07:30 PM
I guess the sharks were pissed off that the shrimp boaters were "stealing" their food. Honestly, as the life in the oceans dies off, we are going to see much more aggressive behaviour towards humans from the top predators of the ocean because they'll be desperate for any kind of food.

MonsterPartners
02-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Ack! Not sure I will want to go out on a boat again in Florida

Hell Puppy
02-06-2007, 10:36 PM
We ran out of time but I wanted to go to the shark reef while we were in Vegas.

So next year my treat!

Wonder how many FFN's it takes to drag Enforcer kicking and screaming thru Shark's Reef?

I wanna see him down in the bottom in that observation bubble when a big one swims by and someone starts making the sound of cracking glass.

TheEnforcer
02-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Ack! Not sure I will want to go out on a boat again in Florida

Smart man!! :okthumb:

TheEnforcer
02-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Wonder how many FFN's it takes to drag Enforcer kicking and screaming thru Shark's Reef?

I wanna see him down in the bottom in that observation bubble when a big one swims by and someone starts making the sound of cracking glass.

Hahahaha.. I think I'd be ok with that. I'm not actually in the water in that scenario.