PDA

View Full Version : I am feeling guilty

softball
01-26-2007, 08:54 PM
I am doing due diligence on a new vehicle. What I really want is an H3 Hummer. Good size and very groovy vehicle. But my conscience is nagging at me because of the gas mileage. It isn't completly shitty like its bigger brothers. But it is so damn cool.
My more practical and hippy self says get an escape hybrid or a Highlander hybrid or, damn it, a prius.

There are a few car like ones that seem appealing like the Cayenne but I have a car already and want a more capable vehicle for backroad (not necessarily off road) driving.
Anyone have any thoughts on the hummer or any other suv type deal like jeeps?

TheEnforcer
01-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Hummers, IMHO, are ugly as sin.

softball
01-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Hummers, IMHO, are ugly as sin.
Yeah, they are kinda like pugs. Ugly as fuck, everybody hates them, and a lot of fat people own them. However, I kind of like them. Everybody hates me. I am ugly as fuck. Now I just gotta start eating doughnuts and drinking 4X4's at Tim Hortons.

gonzo
01-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Yeah, they are kinda like pugs. Ugly as fuck, everybody hates them, and a lot of fat people own them. However, I kind of like them. Everybody hates me. I am ugly as fuck. Now I just gotta start eating doughnuts and drinking 4X4's at Tim Hortons.

Tim Hortons suck ass!

softball
01-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Tim Hortons suck ass!
Best dougnuts going.

gonzo
01-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Best dougnuts going.
Ill send Krispy Kreme card.

Toby
01-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Ill send Krispy Kreme card.Beware of the import duty. :blink:

JoesHO
01-27-2007, 01:40 AM
I am partial to the expidition if you are actually going in the woods and need a comfortable functional 4X4

softball
01-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Ill send Krispy Kreme card.
Krispy Kreme tanked in Canada. I don't think they lasted a year. I come from Toronto, remember. If you didn't know, btw, Toronto is an ancient indian word that means "Land of a Thousand Dougnut Shops".
If I had a Krispy Kreme jones, I would just get a Tim's raised maple, pour half a bag of sugar on it, soak it in oil and let it slide on down.
But America is the land of luxury where on a single night you can wolf down a ton of White Castle burgers with a dozen Kripsy Kremes, while sipping a Mountain Dew or three. Sometimes I feel like I live in a cultural wasteland and dream of America and all the good things I just can't get. I was going to drive down the other day until my mechanic told me I would have to change my tires to drive on American streets. I needed something that wouldn't lose traction on milk or honey. With my poor weak Canadian dollar, I couldn't afford new rubber. So America will remain a dream to this underpriviliged canadian with stars (and stripes) in his eyes.

softball
01-27-2007, 10:02 AM
I am partial to the expidition if you are actually going in the woods and need a comfortable functional 4X4
Thanks, Joe. But I am thinking something smaller. I still have to drive it to get groceries in a city.

Rcourt64
01-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Krispy Kreme tanked in Canada. I don't think they lasted a year. I come from Toronto, remember. If you didn't know, btw, Toronto is an ancient indian word that means "Land of a Thousand Dougnut Shops".
If I had a Krispy Kreme jones, I would just get a Tim's raised maple, pour half a bag of sugar on it, soak it in oil and let it slide on down.
But America is the land of luxury where on a single night you can wolf down a ton of White Castle burgers with a dozen Kripsy Kremes, while sipping a Mountain Dew or three. Sometimes I feel like I live in a cultural wasteland and dream of America and all the good things I just can't get. I was going to drive down the other day until my mechanic told me I would have to change my tires to drive on American streets. I needed something that wouldn't lose traction on milk or honey. With my poor weak Canadian dollar, I couldn't afford new rubber. So America will remain a dream to this underpriviliged canadian with stars (and stripes) in his eyes.

I remember when I was a kid in N.Y, We'd hit the White Castle and fill up on 30 cent hamburgers & fries and 25 cent soda. Talk about a awesome deal for a 12yr old. We'd all walkaway with full tummies and big smiles for about $2 bucks :okthumb:

gonzo
01-27-2007, 01:51 PM
White Castles suck too.

Gimme Krystal!

softball
01-27-2007, 08:18 PM
White Castles suck too.

Gimme Krystal!
I actually prefer Belle Epoque, but Grand Dame will do in a pinch.

LadyMischief
01-27-2007, 09:45 PM
The H3's are not really built for off-road.. or back-road even.. They aren't very rugged. Go for something like a subaru. Good fuel efficiency and much better in those situations, plus it has a kick to it. ;)

softball
01-27-2007, 10:06 PM
The H3's are not really built for off-road.. or back-road even.. They aren't very rugged. Go for something like a subaru. Good fuel efficiency and much better in those situations, plus it has a kick to it. ;)
Thanks. I think I am leaning toward the FJ cruiser. Though Subaru do make some great vehicles...and very fast.

helix
01-27-2007, 10:47 PM
Top Ten Most Fuel-Efficient SUVs (http://www.autobytel.com/content/shared/articles/templates/index.cfm/article_page_order_int/1/article_id_int/148)

Rcourt64
01-28-2007, 01:45 AM
Fuck Dessert roaming boxes aren't designed for off road terrain.

But again it matters what rich yuppies considers OFF ROAD?

I mean "...Over the hills and thru the woods to grandmas house we go." isn't off road either.

Does it snow in Canada? :whistling

softball
01-28-2007, 02:25 AM
Fuck Dessert roaming boxes aren't designed for off road terrain.

But again it matters what rich yuppies considers OFF ROAD?

I mean "...Over the hills and thru the woods to grandmas house we go." isn't off road either.

Does it snow in Canada? :whistling
Snow in Canada? sometimes. Where I live there are palm trees.
Does it snow in the United States?

Hell Puppy
01-28-2007, 03:11 AM
FJ Cruiser is good choice if you want something funky yet functional.

H3 is for getting groceries and hauling kids to soccer. A bit overpriced for what you get.

If you're not going truly offroad, but want an SUV with some style points, go drive a Jeep Cherokee SRT. A SUV that can blister 0-60 in mid-4's puts a silly grin on most people's face when they drive it. Gets shitty gas mileage though, and the ground effects necessary to keep it on the ground are not at all well suited for offroad. It'll drag before most cars.

For just plain old functionality, I gotta admit the new Chevy's aren't bad at all. Tahoe or Suburban in their latest forms are impressively comfortable and have a decent fit and finish. They also stole Dodge's idea and have done their own version of MDS so it'll cut off half the cylinders when it doesn't need them and get halfway decent gas mileage.

The Dodge Nitro also is pretty cool if you dont really need to get far off the pavement.

Rcourt64
01-28-2007, 04:48 AM
FJ Cruiser is good choice if you want something funky yet functional.

H3 is for getting groceries and hauling kids to soccer. A bit overpriced for what you get.

If you're not going truly offroad, but want an SUV with some style points, go drive a Jeep Cherokee SRT. A SUV that can blister 0-60 in mid-4's puts a silly grin on most people's face when they drive it. Gets shitty gas mileage though, and the ground effects necessary to keep it on the ground are not at all well suited for offroad. It'll drag before most cars.

For just plain old functionality, I gotta admit the new Chevy's aren't bad at all. Tahoe or Suburban in their latest forms are impressively comfortable and have a decent fit and finish. They also stole Dodge's idea and have done their own version of MDS so it'll cut off half the cylinders when it doesn't need them and get halfway decent gas mileage.

The Dodge Nitro also is pretty cool if you dont really need to get far off the pavement.

Whatever did happen to that lexus test drive you was looking at?
and what about that self parallel park? is that all its made up to be the way they say? or not?

gonzo
01-28-2007, 05:08 AM
and what about that self parallel park? is that all its made up to be the way they say? or not?
I watched a twink self park it up by spam mountain in Vancouver.

Looked pretty slick. Back seat is the shit!

Hell Puppy
01-28-2007, 06:29 AM

Yup, I went. And I've driven the LS460 as a result. It is sweet and does everything it claims. If you want a big huge luxury sedan, IMO it's the best all around out there. For my own personal tastes though, I'd like something that is just a bit quicker. With the 8 speed and the new V8, the LS is certainly no slouch, but it is floaty compared to the 7 series BMW and cant touch the power of an AMG.

Of everything I drove at Taste of Lexus, it wasn't the GS hybrid or the LS that really impressed me. It was actually the IS 350. It has all of the luxury and tech of it's big brothers, but with 300 HP V8 in a car that size, it is a ton of fun to throw around.

softball
01-28-2007, 09:53 AM
great replies. Here is a thought (not suv related), there are tons of 1991 cars coming from Japan at the moment. They are left hand drive luxury vehicles. Apparently there is a tax that kicks in at fifteen years that makes them too expensive to keep. Some really amazing deals to be had. I bought a 91, 911 with 72K Kilometers (about 45K miles) and it is perfect. I have seen a couple of BMW 8 series v12's in cherry condition with even lower miles for around 13 thousand dollars and I was offered a beautiful 91 Bentley 8 with 17K kilometers (10K miles) for 25 thousand dollars. Just about all of these cars are Euro spec and have been altered to Canadian spec. I am sure they are available in the US. If you want pure luxury for an amazing price, you have to check these cars out.

Jace
01-28-2007, 09:15 PM
http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a847/a847.gif

softball
01-28-2007, 09:17 PM
http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a847/a847.gif

OMG that is way too funny.

Jace
01-28-2007, 10:16 PM
OMG that is way too funny.

LOL...I just happen to come across it right after I was reading this thread...

tshirthell is too damn funny for their own good

sweetpurple04
01-29-2007, 10:57 AM
i hate car dillemas!