PDA

View Full Version : How about some good news for a change?

softball
01-18-2007, 11:27 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/18/markets/eia_oil/index.htm?postversion=2007011810

Oil tumbles toward $50
Crude slips on surprisingly large 6.8 million barrel increase in stocks, while gasoline supply also climbs more than anticipated.

A lot of futures guys will be jumping out of windows.

Dianna Vesta
01-18-2007, 12:05 PM
That is good news. The other day I was passing a station up the street from my house and saw 1.98 a gallon and I had to pull over and do a double take. It needs to get down to 1.40 a gallon and fucking propane needs to come down too. I have a very large greenhouse heated by propane and I am always floored when they fill the tank and hand me a bill. No wonder people can't afford to eat healthy. Between fuel cost and the stupid taxes they impose on growers they just can't make it affordable.

Rcourt64
01-18-2007, 12:17 PM
That is good news. The other day I was passing a station up the street from my house and saw 1.98 a gallon and I had to pull over and do a double take. It needs to get down to 1.40 a gallon and fucking propane needs to come down too. I have a very large greenhouse heated by propane and I am always floored when they fill the tank and hand me a bill. No wonder people can't afford to eat healthy. Between fuel cost and the stupid taxes they impose on growers they just can't make it affordable.

1.98 a gallon ??? :blink: ???

Where the heck was this? I know your near here in South Florida, but I still see 2.38 and 2.40 here at my end

Dianna Vesta
01-18-2007, 12:37 PM
1.98 a gallon ??? :blink: ???

Where the heck was this? I know your near here in South Florida, but I still see 2.38 and 2.40 here at my end

Nope not any more. I bought a 30 acre farm in VA. I was going back and forth while I set it up. Things are cheaper up here but I was floored when i saw it that cheap. A friend just came up to visit me from Fort Myers with her big ass pick up and she couldn't beleive it.

softball
01-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Nope not any more. I bought a 30 acre farm in VA. I was going back and forth while I set it up. Things are cheaper up here but I was floored when i saw it that cheap. A friend just came up to visit me from Fort Myers with her big ass pick up and she couldn't beleive it.
we pay 97 cents a litre and it is falling today. Yes.

Rcourt64
01-18-2007, 07:57 PM
we pay 97 cents a litre and it is falling today. Yes.

litre???? ^_^ oh my.. I haven't heard fuel referred to that way in ages..lol
Do you also go by Kilo metros instead of miles???

haha, I think I've been in this country to long.

softball
01-18-2007, 08:02 PM
litre???? ^_^ oh my.. I haven't heard fuel referred to that way in ages..lol
Do you also go by Kilo metros instead of miles???

haha, I think I've been in this country to long.
Distances are in kilometres, weights are in grams and kilograms, temperature is in Celsius. Right now outside my house it is about three degrees and raining.