PDA

View Full Version : DivX questions

softball
01-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Any DivX experts around? What are the pros and cons of this compression? I see really small file size and high quality images. Are there any distribution issues? Can anyone with a wmv player see them?

tony404
01-17-2007, 01:08 PM
I love this codec but most dont have the divx player. I dont think you can watch them on the winplayer. Small file size great picture,and if they have a dvd player that is divx certified. They could burn cds of the videos and watch them on their TV's. I wish more surfers used it.

Jace
01-17-2007, 01:12 PM
divx is cool, I love it a lot

BUT, i would never offer it to members in paysites

and yes, you can play anything in windows media player, as long as you have the codecs installed on your computer somewhere

the pros - excellent quality for a compressed file
con - still a pretty large file size and have to instruct lots to download the codec

tony, if you have the divx player, you have the divx codec, meaning you can play them in WMP...if you can't, you might need to install the codec again

tony404
01-17-2007, 01:17 PM
divx is cool, I love it a lot

BUT, i would never offer it to members in paysites

and yes, you can play anything in windows media player, as long as you have the codecs installed on your computer somewhere

the pros - excellent quality for a compressed file
con - still a pretty large file size and have to instruct lots to download the codec

tony, if you have the divx player, you have the divx codec, meaning you can play them in WMP...if you can't, you might need to install the codec again

I never tried on my wmp I have to see it should work then but your right it would confuse surfers lol .

Jace
01-17-2007, 03:16 PM
I never tried on my wmp I have to see it should work then but your right it would confuse surfers lol .

yeah, if you are dealing with "pro" surfers, then it shouldn't be a problem, because they probably have all the codecs and shit

as for your basic surfer, then yeah, they would most likely have to download the codec, and let me say from a professionals perspective, that is not something you want your surfers to have to do...there are so many variations and false downloads out there, it could really fuck up a surfers machine if they download the wrong "codec pack" or "install" for divx