PDA

View Full Version : Charity (or other) Gift Wrapping Service

Hell Puppy
12-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Used to be that at the mall, major department stores, etc, various charities would setup and wrap your gifts for appropriate donations.

Where have all of these gone?

Anyone know of one operating in Atlanta? If so, let me know and their charity is about to have a very very merry christmas.

Peaches
12-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Used to be that at the mall, major department stores, etc, various charities would setup and wrap your gifts for appropriate donations.

Where have all of these gone?

Anyone know of one operating in Atlanta? If so, let me know and their charity is about to have a very very merry christmas.
I forget there are still people who go to stores for their Christmas shopping ;)

I'll be more than happy to wrap your gifts for you and you can donate whatever money to a charity of your choice. I will warn you that my family can pick out the presents my Dad and I wrap by the incredible lack of wrapping skills we have.

Jace
12-14-2006, 10:42 AM
I never saw charity ones, but the ones at the mall would do it if you had a receipt for the merchandise from a mall store

sarah_webinc
12-14-2006, 11:03 AM
I let amazon do it..I simply stink at wrapping

Peaches
12-14-2006, 11:08 AM
I let amazon do it..I simply stink at wrapping
Landsend wraps too - not that I'd know...... ;)

Sadly, I even considered having Amazon wrap the gifts I was having sent to myself to give out. But it just wouldn't be Christmas w/o my horrible wrapping skills :)

gonzo
12-14-2006, 11:30 AM
I wrap with the comic section. If they hate the gift they have something funny to read.

Peaches
12-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Let me add that gift bags are the greatest invention ever. And reusable too :)

Peaches
12-14-2006, 11:34 AM
My ex-husband's mother used to wrap her gifts like on the TV shows - she'd wrap the bottom of the box, then the top of the box so you wouldn't unwrap anything, you'd just open the box. These were great for reusing too ;)

spazlabz
12-14-2006, 12:26 PM
my wife is a wizard at wrapping, I don't know how she does it. It looks so easy but when i try they end up looking at tootsie rolls or something

my youngest son bought us all some gifts and wrapped them last night himself. I was afraid they were going to burst open as he laid them under the tree hahahaha

spaz

Elli
12-14-2006, 03:19 PM
There are still tons of charity wrappers here, plus ones provided by stores. You drop your prezzies off, come back in a half hour and they are all pretty and nice!

Hell Puppy
12-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Locally, one of the neighborhood animal shelters used to setup the last 2 weeks leading up to christmas at barnes and noble and would wrap anything for a donation. I'd always way over pay them, good cause and i'd inevitably have some stuff that i knew would be very difficult to wrap.

I of course buy everything I can on Amazon and have them wrap it.

But there are still some things you just cant get or pick out online.

I like bags, but some of these need to sit under a Christmas Tree for a few days and I am dealing with people who will cheat and peek if they can get away with it that easily.

I am an "ok" wrapper, I just hate to spend the time.

sarah_webinc
12-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Landsend wraps too - not that I'd know...... ;)

Sadly, I even considered having Amazon wrap the gifts I was having sent to myself to give out. But it just wouldn't be Christmas w/o my horrible wrapping skills :)

with most of my family being 3,000 plus miles away Amazon is pretty much where I have to shop..buy, wrap and sent all in a couple clicks...before amazon I had to ship gifts at a lot of cost and make sure they were sent in October to get there for Christmas.