PDA

View Full Version : Someone will contact you within 24-72 hours....

Jace
12-12-2006, 02:20 AM
actual conversation I just had with a Directv rep on the phone

me - "hey there I would like to order the 2:30am showing of XXXXXXXXXX, but the online system is down and the automated phone message sent me to you"

her - "our online and automated services are down right now, but I can submit a ticket and someone will contact you back in 24-72 hours"

me - "um....no thanks"

hang up

Peaches
12-12-2006, 10:00 AM
My recent DirecTV experience:

I call and ask for HDTV. OK, they'll be there on Tuesday before 5. They call at 6 and say they are running late. I tell them they do NOT want to come here after dark. She says she'll talk to the tech and call me back. Nothing.

I call DT the next day, they'll send someone out the next Tuesday. Now, understand I have told them in writing and in person that it's a 4WD road and they a need a truck that will get them out w/o a tow. So the guy shows up at the front gate, gate lady calls me and says it's a rickety old van and will never make it. So he goes back to get a truck. Never heard from them again.

I call back 3 days later and cancel. The guy was really nice and I said I'd like to tell his supervisor he was doing a good job. He said he'd have his supervisor call me - NOTHING, lol. They can't even call me back to get a compliment!

The funny thing is when I call, I'm noted as "one of their top tier customers". I guess because I have everything and have for 5+ years.

After the holidays, I'm checking with the local cable company and seeing if they can come down here and see what they have program wise. DirecTV can rot.

softball
12-12-2006, 10:13 AM
I was having problem installing a new norton download. I called tech support and got someone in Bombay. She couldnt fix it. Put me on to her supervisor, still in Bombay who told me they couldnt fix it, but were happy to put me through to someone who could in North America for sixty five bucks. The damn programme only cost fifty. The only thing these clowns are trained to do is direct you to the website troubleshooting guide.

TheEnforcer
12-12-2006, 11:49 AM
odd.. the only reason I don't have DirecTV now is because I couldn't get the DVR service to work with my VOIP phone. If I could get that to work I'd go back to directv in a heartbeat.

Peaches
12-12-2006, 11:53 AM
odd.. the only reason I don't have DirecTV now is because I couldn't get the DVR service to work with my VOIP phone. If I could get that to work I'd go back to directv in a heartbeat.
The actual product itself is great, IMO. Service is what seems to be really sucking recently.

TheEnforcer
12-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Hmm.. I always had great service. Maybe they just don't like people from Georgia! :okthumb:

Peaches
12-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Hmm.. I always had great service. Maybe they just don't like people from Georgia! :okthumb:
I had great service until recently too. I think they've outsourced too much, especially in smaller towns. Each time I had two different companies coming out and each were 60+ miles away.

Jace
12-12-2006, 03:31 PM
I always have great service with directv, this was just a funny response that she was programmed to say

the whole voip thing is funny though, our directv reciever keeps saying "you have not made a call in XXX days"

right now it is up to 987 days

we don't need the phone call thing though other than to order pay per view, and since you can do that online just as easily, no worries

as for other cable systems, no way, directv is HANDS DOWN the best deal in the world

We have like 256 channels
XM Radio
TIVO (not directv dvr, the real tivo)

for $54 a month

you can't beat that with anyone else

Peaches
12-12-2006, 03:51 PM
the whole voip thing is funny though, our directv reciever keeps saying "you have not made a call in XXX days"

right now it is up to 987 days
I'm at 1182 :okthumb:

I pay $100 a month - I have everything. But I THINK if I get my phone, my alarm, my internet and cable through the local company, I should be able to get a better rate. I just don't know if they have all the movie channels Direct has (not PPV, just HBO, HBOW, etc.).

Jace
12-12-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm at 1182 :okthumb:

I pay $100 a month - I have everything. But I THINK if I get my phone, my alarm, my internet and cable through the local company, I should be able to get a better rate. I just don't know if they have all the movie channels Direct has (not PPV, just HBO, HBOW, etc.).

we don't have any movie channels, just because we have blockbuster online.....right now we literally have 5 movies sitting downstairs to watch, that is way cheaper than getting the directv movie channel deals, plus I download all the series stuff like an hour after it is over

but those new local deals they have are pretty good

in fact, you can do your cable, phone and cell all in one package now for $99 through bellsouth....it might be directv with them though, not sure

Peaches
12-12-2006, 07:53 PM
we don't have any movie channels, just because we have blockbuster online.....right now we literally have 5 movies sitting downstairs to watch, that is way cheaper than getting the directv movie channel deals, plus I download all the series stuff like an hour after it is over

but those new local deals they have are pretty good

in fact, you can do your cable, phone and cell all in one package now for $99 through bellsouth....it might be directv with them though, not sure
I love the cable movie/show channels. I'm too lazy to download stuff and then make it where I can watch it on the TV ;)

Remember though that my town has it's own cable/phone/internet/alarm company. Bellsouth is all but a distant memory. Working with a smaller company is SO much nicer, IMO :)

Jace
12-12-2006, 07:58 PM
I love the cable movie/show channels. I'm too lazy to download stuff and then make it where I can watch it on the TV ;)

I have everything in my house networked, so when I wanna watch something I downloaded I just switch to "digital" on my receiver and hit play on my computer....it is pretty nice and saves us a good chunk of money every month

Peaches
12-12-2006, 08:09 PM
I have everything in my house networked, so when I wanna watch something I downloaded I just switch to "digital" on my receiver and hit play on my computer....it is pretty nice and saves us a good chunk of money every month
"networking", unless you want to see a bunch of wires everywhere, pretty difficult in a log cabin :) If everything's wireless, that's OK.

I like it the way it is. I also have an antenna that picks up Chattanooga stations in the guest room :) Though from what I hear, the local cable company has both ATL and CHAT stations. When I first moved here cable wasn't available at all - it's just been recent. And I can't get DISH - the guy tried to pick up a signal for hours ;)

Jace
12-12-2006, 08:21 PM
"networking", unless you want to see a bunch of wires everywhere, pretty difficult in a log cabin :) If everything's wireless, that's OK.

always wireless ;)

Jace
12-12-2006, 08:22 PM
And I can't get DISH - the guy tried to pick up a signal for hours ;)

you better thank someone for that, DISH sucks ass

Hell Puppy
12-13-2006, 02:21 AM
Too many trees here, I just stick with Comcrap. Need them for the high speed downloads anyway. Also have DSL for backup, but cable will always be primary so long as it's so much faster.

EmporerEJ
12-14-2006, 04:29 AM
Why aren't you guys using Dish Network?

This is important, 'cause I'm making a choice here, and the choice is NOT Comcast at my new house.

Dish, and DSL.

Opinions?

Jace
12-14-2006, 04:50 AM
Why aren't you guys using Dish Network?

This is important, 'cause I'm making a choice here, and the choice is NOT Comcast at my new house.

Dish, and DSL.

Opinions?

we had dish a while back and found it was about 2 years behind the technologies and features that directv had, we cancelled and got directv after like 3 months

you get SO much with Directv....Tivo, XM Radio, etc....

Rcourt64
12-14-2006, 11:31 PM
actual conversation I just had with a Directv rep on the phone

me - "hey there I would like to order the 2:30am showing of XXXXXXXXXX, but the online system is down and the automated phone message sent me to you"

her - "our online and automated services are down right now, but I can submit a ticket and someone will contact you back in 24-72 hours"

me - "um....no thanks"

hang up

Ya, I kinda know the feeling, especially when I try to get you on ICQ ^_^

where u hidin' please? :)

Jace
12-15-2006, 02:53 AM
Ya, I kinda know the feeling, especially when I try to get you on ICQ ^_^

where u hidin' please? :)

I fell asleep at 1pm today and woke up at 10pm...LOL

I am here now, all night long

Rcourt64
12-15-2006, 10:27 AM
I fell asleep at 1pm today and woke up at 10pm...LOL

I am here now, all night long

Ya, the fat owner guy here said u keep vampire hours,

http://www.doyenmobile.com/images/burning_the_midnight_oil.jpg

I'll look for u tonight :)

Jace
12-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Ya, the fat owner guy here said u keep vampire hours,

http://www.doyenmobile.com/images/burning_the_midnight_oil.jpg

I'll look for u tonight :)

god damn, my attempt to switch the schedule around worked

I fell back asleep around 5am and just woke up

anyway, I will be on and off all day, then working from 8pm-2am.....so, I will be here