PDA

View Full Version : moving sucks

edward
12-06-2006, 11:44 PM
god damn... you dont own things, they own you... im donating or throwing everything away

gonzo
12-07-2006, 12:09 AM
god damn... you dont own things, they own you... im donating or throwing everything away
nick3131 needs a tricycle

Peaches
12-07-2006, 12:11 AM
I did that the last time I moved and still ended up moving a lot of shit. I had a 2 car garage completely filled side to side, top to bottom for Goodwill.

I plan on selling this house with most of the furniture. I'll still need a fullsized van, I'm sure. Hell, I have a storage room I pay $30 a month for just for all the stuff I can't bring myself to throw away.

edward
12-07-2006, 12:25 AM
nick3131 needs a tricycle

he gone!

edward
12-07-2006, 12:34 AM
I did that the last time I moved and still ended up moving a lot of shit. I had a 2 car garage completely filled side to side, top to bottom for Goodwill.

I plan on selling this house with most of the furniture. I'll still need a fullsized van, I'm sure. Hell, I have a storage room I pay $30 a month for just for all the stuff I can't bring myself to throw away.

blech... i have no words, i think im gonna hit the elliptical for a while then go to bed... nick had it right when he left his apt the way he did... it must be liberating

edward
12-07-2006, 12:39 AM
final note for tonight... in the past 5 or so years i have been through the death of my father and grandfather, moved a few times myself, helped friends move... i feel live ive been doing this every few months... im traumatized like arlo pear only i dont get to take my frustrations out by beating on king kong bundy

Hell Puppy
12-07-2006, 01:30 AM
final note for tonight... in the past 5 or so years i have been through the death of my father and grandfather, moved a few times myself, helped friends move... i feel live ive been doing this every few months... im traumatized like arlo pear only i dont get to take my frustrations out by beating on king kong bundy

If you need someone to drive your Saab to the new house for you, give me a call.

edward
12-07-2006, 01:35 AM
i love that movie, maybe its just a fond idealized memory... i havent seen it in years... either way, no houses for me anytime soon... i came really close to buying a condo but this is not the time, im single... im trying to cling to whats left of my youth... i want no roots, no more accumulating crap

Hell Puppy
12-07-2006, 02:36 AM
i love that movie, maybe its just a fond idealized memory... i havent seen it in years... either way, no houses for me anytime soon... i came really close to buying a condo but this is not the time, im single... im trying to cling to whats left of my youth... i want no roots, no more accumulating crap

....and no tax deductions, no equity, etc.

Makes sense if you're not prepared to stay someplace at least 2 years, but otherwise I cant envision flushing rent down a toilet.

gonzo
12-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Condos?

Is that what self proclaimed millionairs and ex players own?

Tell me do you really own it if you dont pay property tax on it?

Or would that qualify as a RENTER?

edward
12-07-2006, 09:05 AM
....and no tax deductions, no equity, etc.

Makes sense if you're not prepared to stay someplace at least 2 years, but otherwise I cant envision flushing rent down a toilet.

im not prepared to stay 2 years... i had it bred into me that rent is flushing money down the toilet but it has its purpose

edward
12-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Condos?

Is that what self proclaimed millionairs and ex players own?

Tell me do you really own it if you dont pay property tax on it?

Or would that qualify as a RENTER?

where did i ever say i had millions?

real estate that you live in is not an investment, its like a savings account that grows a little faster than the rate of inflation unless you live in a hot market... if you can sell it then you own it

Jace
12-07-2006, 09:14 AM
I am not moving again for a long fucking time, hopefully next time we move will be into the wood in a nice log cabin that we had specially built just for us

somewhere in the north Georgia woods would be nice...possibly Tennessee somewhere

gonzo
12-07-2006, 09:29 AM
where did i ever say i had millions?

real estate that you live in is not an investment, its like a savings account that grows a little faster than the rate of inflation unless you live in a hot market... if you can sell it then you own it
Sorry if that seemed to be directed toward you it wasnt.

I agree with the real estate investment.

VooMan
12-07-2006, 10:42 AM
I moved a couple of months ago and I think I'm only just recovering. I sold most of my furniture (a 12 foot Ryder truck full) to a friend and when my day came to move it took them 45 minutes to have all my stuff loaded and out the door...

I bought a condo and I'm happy with it. No yard, no hassles. I don't mind the smaller space one bit either. :okthumb:

gonzo
12-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I moved a couple of months ago and I think I'm only just recovering. I sold most of my furniture (a 12 foot Ryder truck full) to a friend and when my day came to move it took them 45 minutes to have all my stuff loaded and out the door...

I bought a condo and I'm happy with it. No yard, no hassles. I don't mind the smaller space one bit either. :okthumb:
Are you on the first floor?

Peaches
12-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Since when is owning a condo not owning real estate? I know Vooman just bought one, Kathi's getting ready to buy one, Dick N Bush bought one, Wig has one - they are just as much about building equity as a house is.

I moved to a house 1/2 the size of my last house. Except for wanting bigger closets and bathrooms, it's perfect. I'm on almost 2 acres of land (though getting ready to trade one lot for 2 in another development) but there's no mowing because it's all woods.

The town is growing too fast, but already the appraisal of my house has more than doubled and my neighbors have offered to buy me out at exactly double, so I have a buyer :)

One day I'd like to move to a SMALLER town that won't grow and stay forever - which is what I thought I was doing here, lol. But I learned to take advantage of the growth and started buying up lots :) I guess lots aren't really owning real estate though since there's no bedroom ;)

VooMan
12-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Are you on the first floor?

I'm in one of the four story buildings in Atlantic Station, and I'm on the third floor. In retrospect I wish I had found the floorplan I wanted on the top floor since I can hear the guy upstairs sometimes, but I love the place I'm in. It's perfect for me. :okthumb:

gonzo
12-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Since when is owning a condo not owning real estate? I know Vooman just bought one, Kathi's getting ready to buy one, Dick N Bush bought one, Wig has one - they are just as much about building equity as a house is.

I moved to a house 1/2 the size of my last house. Except for wanting bigger closets and bathrooms, it's perfect. I'm on almost 2 acres of land (though getting ready to trade one lot for 2 in another development) but there's no mowing because it's all woods.

The town is growing too fast, but already the appraisal of my house has more than doubled and my neighbors have offered to buy me out at exactly double, so I have a buyer :)

One day I'd like to move to a SMALLER town that won't grow and stay forever - which is what I thought I was doing here, lol. But I learned to take advantage of the growth and started buying up lots :) I guess lots aren't really owning real estate though since there's no bedroom ;)

Owing one is different from renting one.

Matches a late model piece of shit car.

Peaches
12-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Owing one is different from renting one.

Matches a late model piece of shit car.
I've rented many times. It's very convenient to rent especially if you don't want to have to worry about repairs. The last house I rented I lived next to my landlord. When the toilet backed up, it sure was nice to go outside and walk a few steps on a Saturday night and get a plumber out that night for free :)

If you're not going to stay somewhere for more than 2-3 years it actually makes more sense to rent, IME.

And I'm not sure you should be throwing stones about cars ;)

Forest
12-07-2006, 12:08 PM
I just bought a house and moved in a month ago from a tiny 1 bedroom apt

I couldnt believe how much crap i had in that tiny little place

Now i have a 2 bdrm house and i need more crap

lol not looking forward to the next move

gonzo
12-07-2006, 12:13 PM
I've rented many times. It's very convenient to rent especially if you don't want to have to worry about repairs. The last house I rented I lived next to my landlord. When the toilet backed up, it sure was nice to go outside and walk a few steps on a Saturday night and get a plumber out that night for free :)

If you're not going to stay somewhere for more than 2-3 years it actually makes more sense to rent, IME.

And I'm not sure you should be throwing stones about cars ;)
Honestly...nether of of have boasted about being a "player".

Peaches
12-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Now i have a 2 bdrm house and i need more crap
I sale cheap crap ;)

Peaches
12-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Honestly...nether of of have boasted about being a "player".
Hell, I don't even have a business or a job.

gonzo
12-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Hell, I don't even have a business or a job.
Yeah but we both have threads made about us on other boards!

Peaches
12-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah but we both have threads made about us on other boards!
I take it as a compliment as long as it's the truth. :okthumb:

Still not sure what it has to do with renting or owning a condo......:huh:

Hell Puppy
12-07-2006, 10:41 PM
I am not moving again for a long fucking time, hopefully next time we move will be into the wood in a nice log cabin that we had specially built just for us

somewhere in the north Georgia woods would be nice...possibly Tennessee somewhere

Cool, but we dont wanna hear any shit about how far it is to breakfast. :harhar01: